Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best and worst CD movie survey

I don't consider Tootsie and Doubtfire as crossdressers. Most definitions of crossdressing add "for sexual or emotional reasons". While they are guys dressed as females, it was for costume/disguise/deception/employment reasons, not because of any internal sexual or identity drive.

Hedgehog and the Angry Inch (is that the correct name?) and Leo/Cleo have to be among the worst films that have anything to do with TGism.

One of my all time favorites is 'I Want What I Want'. Its not really well made but I think it pretty accurately describes what a true TS/CDer would go through.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Hedgehog and the Angry Inch (is that the correct name?) and Leo/Cleo have to be among the worst films that have anything to do with TGism.
    "Hedwig", and I liked it because the main character really looked good en femme, unlike Robin Williams or Dustin Hoffman.

There's a movie called "stonewall" about the infamous riots. I've never seen the whole thing, but there's a really long preview trailer on another video that I have and it looks like a lot of CDing in it. I'll have to check it out sometime, but I can't stress enough how much I hate campy drag queen characters (Divine being the exception).

GG / SO of a CD
    Rocky Horror Picture Show has been one of my top ten favorite movies of all time since I was a young kid (I'm 28 almost 29). I can clearly recall the first time I was allowed to watch it: I was about 8 or 9 (my aunt fast forwarded through the "racey parts")... my reaction was such a positive one and I couldn’t get enough of it, I would watch it with her just about every time I was at her house and we would dance and sing.

Every year, during the month of October, my local playhouse puts on the production at least two shows a day... My friends and I (male and female) have made it tradition to get all dolled up and go see a show or two a season.

Too Wong Foo and Boys Don't Cry are also ranked up there for me!

Let's do the time warp again!

Aspiring Member
    Well, most realistic for me was Just Like A Woman.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorri_c View Post
    Nuns on the run and white chicks!

Can't believe they haven't been mentioned.
    You beat me to it with white chicks! A good 1 hour and 30 minutes lost that I will never get back in this life time. I expected so much more out of a Wayne's Brothers movie. Also got add Juwanna Man into another list all time worst. The best outside of Just Like A Woman "Just One of the Guys" Covers the FTM angle, an excellent happy 80's flick!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

In the 90s there was a made for tv move called
    "Just one of the girls".I loved it. He did another one called
    " ladybugs". I give just one of the girls a 8 and ladybugs a 2.
    " Some like it hot" I give a 10.
    "Tootsie" I have loved for years and give it a 9.
    "Too Wong foo " I give a 10. I love Patrick.
    "TransAmerican" was very very good and give it a 8. And yes the lead Bree is a GG.
    The worst
    "The crying game. Just bad bad bad. I give it a -1
    "Rocky horror" I give a 1. Just not what I expected I guess.

I also think there are some cartoon movies and tv shows out there that have not been talked about. I'll start with one.
    " Capton Crossdresser" I may have spelled that wrong. If you Google that you'll find it.
    "Project Ako" not ment to be CD movies but the bad " Guys" look like men but are women on there planet.
    There was a super hero on Saturday mornings but I forget the name. He would change into a women to fight crime.

Ok. That's it for now. Night all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I loved "Just Like A Woman"!!!

Well, assuming that by "CD movie", you mean any movie in which a male or males dress as female/s for any reason, I'd put garbage like Dressed To Kill and White Chicks at the lowest possible position and then throw dirt on them.

The only real CD film that I'm aware of would be Just Like A Woman, and that one would go to the top of the list with a gold star.

Some others that are decent to very good but IMO, aren't CD films as the protagonists are either drag queens or TS's would include in no particular order, Different For Girls, Normal, Wong Foo, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Kinky Boots, Farewell My Concubine, Ma Vie En Rose, Soldier's Girl, Boys Don't Cry (FTM), Badge, All About My Mother, Transamerica, The Dress Code (a.k.a. Bruno), Gaudi Afternoon, Hedwig and for documentaries, there's stuff like Trantasia and Beautiful Daughters. In the goofy and fun but not to be taken seriously category: Ladybugs, Girls Will Be Girls, Britney Baby One More Time, Operation: Fred (a.k.a. Our Miss Fred), Some Like It Hot, Just One Of The Girls.

I've never cared for Rocky Horror, just not my cup of tea for some reason, although I've tried to like it.

One or two that have significant pluses and minuses: Triple Echo, Juwanna Mann, Sorority Boys (pretty bad overall but some very funny bits).

And I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 08-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    My name is Carol.

The thing I hated about Rocky Horror was at the theater having a bunch of people yelling back at the screen every second and throwing rice and stuff. I like crowd participation and everything but some people took it too far.

In the category of "why hasn't anybody else mentioned this one" there's Woody Allen's "Everything you always wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask". It's an anthology of mostly very funny short stories including one with an elderly couple where the husband is a CD. They're visiting a friend's house and while alone the husband decides to try on some of the lady of the house's clothes. Needless to say all does not go according to plan and wacky comedy ensues. The setup is quite realstic, especially within the constrains of what is essentially an extended comedy sketch. At the end, after his wife finds out they have a laugh she admonishes him, not for being a CD but for not telling her earlier.

There is a film called "A little bit of lippy". I can't remember much about it other than the reality of it. But I give it a 7.
    If you have never heard of it then track it down.

There's a Belgian film called Ma Vie en Rose, about a boy who wishes he was a girl, and how his aunt embraces his girl side while his parents hate it. It's a true transgender coming of age story. I have it on dvd, it's in French with English subtitles.

I recently watched "Ready, OK". A gem of an independent film about a young boy who was very girly, wanted to be a cheerleader with the other girls, and crossdressed for a school history project and didn't understand why everyone was freaking out about it. The way his mom treated him made me cry in some spots because it was very close to some of the things I went through at that age.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'd put Priscilla up there with Kinky Boots. Heartwarming story.

On the bottom, I'd put any movie where the whacked-out killer ducks into hiding and emerges a few seconds later as a perfectly passable woman. Aw, heck, just any movie where the wrongdoer is portrayed as a CDer!
    Then you would have to include the Arnold Swartzenegger movie "Red Heat." One of the Russian Mobsters disguises himself as a nurse, (very convincingly too,) in order to infiltrate a hospital and kill a prisoner under police protection. I knew right away it was a fake nurse, real nurses do not wear pumps if they are on their feet all day. Don't remember if that's what blew his cover or not, but it gave him away to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by jaye_cd View Post
    The way his mom treated him made me cry in some spots because it was very close to some of the things I went through at that age.
    The Mom in Ready, OK, was played by by Carrie Preston, who also played the sister in Transamerica.

Many of these films had a weak plot and were a total waste of time.I would check out "Madame Butterfly"(Jeremy Lyons version) and "Soldiers girl again .My pick for the least tolerable...........the queen of the desert.You know,many of these"flop" type movies do not help the cause much,I want to see and embrace movies that depict cdtg's in reality not a comical farce.

I agree with christene just like a women is by far the best tg movie ever made, also normal is very good

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    You beat me to it with white chicks! A good 1 hour and 30 minutes lost that I will never get back in this life time. I expected so much more out of a Wayne's Brothers movie.
    Yeah it was a concept with few comedic possibilities, and they managed to miss every one. I actually can't remember liking any of their movies though...

Quote Originally Posted by Christinedreamer View Post
    I am really surprised that no one mentioned "Just Like a Woman" which in my opinion is the ONLY true CDing movie in recent memory.
    I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps it's because it's such a hard to find film. I had to order it from amazon.co.uk to see it, and it was region 2 so I had to rip it to another dvd to even watch it. I even think it might make a good movie to recommend to some of the SO's that come here when they discover their mate crossdresses. Or not. I'm not sure.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Nobody going to mention Silence of the Lambs?

I think it did wonders for the community.
    Samantha -x-

Transamerica gets my vote as best. The character Bree seemed very authentic in her portrayal of a TS and the heartache they must go through with their families and their lives. Just Like a Woman was touching because I could see myself sometimes in the character as I watched it.

Just Like A Woman for me.

Also, Last Exit To Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by DameErrant View Post
    Then you would have to include the Arnold Swartzenegger movie "Red Heat." One of the Russian Mobsters disguises himself as a nurse, (very convincingly too,) in order to infiltrate a hospital and kill a prisoner under police protection. I knew right away it was a fake nurse, real nurses do not wear pumps if they are on their feet all day. Don't remember if that's what blew his cover or not, but it gave him away to me.
    There are a ton of movies like that too. I remember seeing a movie with Gene Simmons (from Kiss) as the villain, in the end he was trying to be incognito (in full drag) in fishnets, black pumps, ect. Much better than his Kiss costume.
    There was a scene in "Boondock Saints" with William Defoe as a very passable CD undercover cop turned hitman. He looked really good, surprisingly.
    There's a 60s movie called "Day of the Nightmare" featuring a crossdressing serial killer. And then there's that one Cheech & Chong film where they are in drag for like half the movie running from the cops.
    There's so many more I can't think of right now, mental block I guess.