Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it just me , or do of us girls share alot of the same hobbies ?

Yes I think the more we share here the better we all are gf

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    I love hobbies! My favorite ones are skateboarding, make up, clothing, graphic design, astrology, japanese food & writing.
    Just another brazilian girl.

All things bicycling. Riding, working on them, restoring old masterpieces and following UCI racing (the pros).

I thought about fly fishing but just could not find hooks small enough to catch them on

Hugs, Robin

I do watercolor pencil and try to make them look like photos when dampened. Example
    Harbor Springs Boat Basin sm.jpg
    If you wake up in the morning; See a sunrise; You name is not in the obituaries (long story); You see a sunset; Then its a good day. All the rest is superfluous B.S. (Bad Science).

I have an ear you can bend and a shoulder you can cry on.

I'm working on my Ph.D. in "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations"

I love watching shows! Right now i'm watching Breaking Bad, along with Ourgan Host Club.
    I enjoy playing Role Playing Games as well I'm replaying Knights of the Old Republic, and TES IV Oblivion again n_n
    I like to cook and bake, especially when I'm with others who also enjoy it
    Walking and jogging are also quite fun!

personally, I think this is because the CD/TG/GD mind is (though to be) primarily a physical aspect of the BSTc area of the amygdala- A small difference in one particular part of the brain (I'm not saying it is the only difference). But a large portion of the CD/TG/GD brain in males is still more 'male' oriented- males overall do still show a slight preference or natural ability over females in the area of spacial recognition and manipulation- as evidenced in how we give directions and read maps, for instance. Comes back to the evolved generalization or traditionally most common division of labor- females run the house, feed and raise the kids / family, and nurture- while the males hunt, fight, or build things which relies more heavily on spacial interpretation than do the "female" stuff.

Therefore, hobbies which include working on a physical 3-d object- changing, manipulating, and creating them, is more beneficial to genetic males on the whole and thus a possible mechanism to explain why we do things that involve these skills. After all how many of us enjoy a pastime that we are really bad at?

Again, i'm not saying there are not GG who easily can do better than many or even most men in this area- it;s just a sort of default that has come to pass.

CDs are not simply purely " feminine or masculine ", just like non-CD men and women are noteither " feminine or masculine " either.

That's my ¥2.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love restoring old stringed instruments and building new ones that look old and well used.I'm a guitar tech and do repair work as well.
    I build several a year just for myself but people end up buying them so I have to build more.LOL
    Here are two I made. I restored this 1959 Gibson Melody Maker as well it was in terrible condition when I got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-14-2013 at 11:09 AM.

I play the piano for relaxation, though I'm not very good. The best I can manage are "Easy Piano" pieces. I gave up piano when I was 11 and my mother said I'd regret it... darn it! I hate it when she's right!

I also play and work with computers a lot and tinker occasionally with electronics. However, I'm mechanically inept and have no interest in nor aptitude for fixing cars, doing house repairs, etc. I'd rather pay a professional to do that.

Wow, i feel like i am a total geek/nerd now after reading everyones comments lol.

My hobbies are playing violin/cello, studying languages (just started japanese and Korean), quantum physics, dimensional sciences, antigravity, harmonics and frequencies, and ancient history with its many technological mysteries. Those are my fun things to do....oh and i love making cute outfits on polyvore.

Hi Courtney, I am working on a novel (rewrite stage), stumble with a Baratone Uke, like to read, fly an ultralite I built in 1987, and teach sailing - and of course love being girlie when I can... I just need to find more time. LOL
    @Phylis Nicole: your watercolor is BEAUTFUL!!!!! You have an amazing talent!
    Hugs Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

crossdressing, making beer, drinking beer. cycling, hiking, running, working out are things I like to do to stay in shape because there are no low calorie microbrews...

O.K. Eryn, I'll be good and abstain .
    Fishing, cooking, sewing, building things, camping, scuba, spending time with my wife,
    looking for other like minded C.D.'s and their spouses to do like minded stuff with.

Scale modal building [There is a lot of this hobby here, I wonder why?]
    And I am involved in motor cycle racing.

Banned Spammer
    The model builders here are amazing I will say that.

Woodturning, wood carving
    fly fishing/tying
    drag car racing (before I got old )
    Oil pastels
    swimming
    harmonica
    Last edited by DonnaT; 08-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    DonnaT

Banned Spammer
    I'm getting the bug for a muscle car again so my girl side may get to go to cruise nights soon.

Games worksop anybody? One of my early cd memories was using my GW superglue to try to glue a jewel to my belly button.

The hobby that I like most is building and flying remote control airplanes,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Phylis Nicole Schuyler View Post
    I do watercolor pencil and try to make them look like photos when dampened. Example
    Harbor Springs Boat Basin sm.jpg
    Phylis, That picture is totally awesome, I would love to see the original. You are very very talented.......Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I love restoring old stringed instruments and building new ones that look old and well used.I'm a guitar tech and do repair work as well.
    I build several a year just for myself but people end up buying them so I have to build more.LOL
    Here are two I made. I restored this 1959 Gibson Melody Maker as well it was in terrible condition when I got it.
    Tracii - We have discussed guitars before but I didnt realise how talented you are. I love playing and have built a few but these are incredible....I love to see exceptional work you are a great lutheran....Ellie
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-15-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    very nice work , girl ! i really like the pink with ghost flames ,..hmm ,. dont tempt me to paint one of my axes pink ! lol

but please we need more details ,. what kind of pickups ? looks like Floyd Rose floating bridges on both also ,. are they legit floyds ?

dangit now i think im gonna pick up my Dean ML right now and play some JETT !

think its time to learn a new tune also ,. maybe some Joan Jett -Rebel Rebel ;-) (yes i know david wrote it first but ,.ehh ..lol )

http://youtu.be/gdVqX789o2o

Banned Spammer
    The pinkish one is actually two shades of purple quando sparkle the ghost flames really blend in and sparkle under the clear coat.
    The pick up is a hand wound (by me), unbalanced coils too One coil is 7.3k and one is 9.0k so about 16k or so.The bridge is a real deal OFR.
    The bullseye has a late 70's DiMarzio double creme super distortion pick up.Super thick ebony fingerboard and pearl fret markers.Real deal OFR bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

niiice ! i bet they shread hard !

Hi,Markeena!
    We could be sisters. I, too, love restoring old ham radios and trying anything electronic. I,m currently working with a Raspberry Pi computer.

Banned Spammer
    I build them to last and to be played hard.I don't skimp on the quality of the paint or the parts used.