Thread: In my head and reality

In my head and reality

In my head I think that if I painted my nails (black prob cos I'm a wannabe goth)and went to meet my friend for the beer festival tomorrow it would all be good and fine. I could tell him about crossdressing and it would be great but...

In reality I think I would estrange a friend and also be looked at funny.

Should I go for it anyway?

Silver Member
    If you want to wear black polish go ahead you don't need to explain it to anyone.

Thanks

I put it on but can now only think of excuses "it was a dare", "i let my sister did it for fun but had no remover" or just that I put it on myself for fun but couldn't find any remover in time. They all seem lame and my friend will still take the piss.

I agree partially with Arbon. Of course, you can do what you want as long as you are ready to deal with the consequences. If you are not ready to accept what the reactions might be, then painting your nails any color might be an issue for you. That being said, you mentioned your liking the Goth look. My understanding is that many guys who are into that paint their nails a very dark color, black, dark purple, etc. So, if you are at all into it in your dress, like when you go out with your friends to a bar or to dance, it seems to me that you would fit in perfectly. Now, that does not mean that you wear a light blue button down shirt and khaki colored pants and penny loafers. I think that your clothes should match or at least pick up on the style as best possible. Good luck.

Silver Member
    Just say you wanted to, so what?

Maybe if he has such a bad reaction he's not a good person to hang out with

Thanks to you,

I don't dress goth normally so it might be quite out of place. I have a feeling that my love for the goth look is attached to crossdressing on an intrinsic level. My plan for clothing is a black skull tshirt, checked grey black shirt over and black shorts. It almost fits having black nails but I'm a very fair person... (Perhaps some eyelynder? - not ready)

What I'm really after is sone "just go for it" and some "**** it, you only live once".
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-15-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorri_c View Post
    What I'm really after is "just go for it" and some "**** it, you only live once".
    I say just go for it and f**k it ... you only live once!

This thread reminds me of the time I so wanted to shave my legs, put on some fake tan and wear women's short jean shorts with strappy flat sandals. I did it and then went to my friends BBQ at their house. The women noticed immediately!! .... and said " oh wow, did you shave your legs?" ... I said (trying to have a "matter of fact" tone in my voice) um, yes I did ... I kinda like it, do you? ... they just smiled and said sure, it looks ok ..... (long pause) .....on you.

My point is I think you should paint your nails but be ready with an answer as to why you did it. Any answer, including "because I like it" ... or "oh, that' just me being weird, Everything that is now cool was once thought of as being weird".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

In response to your request. Just go for it, enjoy it all and tell your buds that you did it because you want to. And that is exactly what Arbon was saying. Add some balk or red canvas tennis shoes or Doc martens and have a blast. You might learn something about your friends and yourself too. Enjoy!

Even my parents have seen my painted nails, and I'm a grown adult. I posted a few pics of me on facebook, and lost no friends, and took a lot of funny comments.
    Your strength and raw nerve will send the bigger message than how you dress.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't be a puss and make up excuses paint them black and go have a good time.
    Excuses only make you look like you are trying to hide something.
    If you act like its nothing it will be non issue. Own the situation.

I had an old friend meet me for lunch a few months ago and he asked "are you wearing pink nail polish?" I said yeah its a light pink with some sparkle.
    He said dude why? I told him I liked the color and nail polish won't make you gay so don't worry.
    He never mentioned it all thru lunch.We had a great time.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-14-2013 at 09:49 PM.

GG
    Black nails on goth guys is perfectly normal and not feminine. It sounds like your outfit's fine, so if anyone mentions it, just say you're changing your style. Don't make silly excuses, you'll just have to backtrack later if you ever want to do it again. As for telling him, see how the atmosphere is and wait for the right time; tomorrow night may not be it.

If Johnny Depp can do it, so can you! Just tell your friend it's ManGlaze and that you're a wannabe goth, like you say. Lots of guys get their nails painted clear; you're just adding pigment, right?
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorri_c View Post
    Should I go for it anyway?
    Only you can make that decision sweetie because, we will not be there w/ you in the aftermath.

I would not worry about coming out or explanations.
    Is there a need?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ive been wanting to start wearing nail polish myself and thought black would be a good starter as the color would seem more "manly".

Silver Member
    If you 1) Believe you will really lose this friend over your black nails, and 2) having this person as a friend is really advantageous to you, then no, I wouldn't do it. If this person is an asset to you, you might need them down the road.

Paint little Guinness logos on one.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If he is your friend, he wont mind. He likes you for you, not for your nails. If people know you like heavy rock then black nails is no surprise.