Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversation if we all had a meeting.

Conversation if we all had a meeting.

I was just thinking that on here we all give our thoughts and praise about pics, feelings and controversial subjects...... If we were to all meet as a group, dressed up as the gals we are trying to be, as opposed to, if we were to all meet dressed in guy mode but knowing we were all CDs , would our conversations be different? Would we talk about guy mode things dressed as guys or would you talk about the subjects we discuss on here. Would there be different tones to our opinions?
    I know I have posted my feminine feelings on here even when dressed as a guy, but I would think unless I knew the other guy really well would I express those same feelings in the same way of thinking face to face? I think I would but might be harder to unless all were dressed. Just wondering if the subject of our talk would be gender biased as to what we were wearing.

In a perfect world- Cross gender behavior and acceptance in the Judeo-Christian world, and the politics of being differently gendered.

In the real world- What color are your panties?

Good question, I think it is easier to discuss transgender issues in groups or online when you are dressed as a woman

Totally different conversations depending on dress code. I myself, feel I need to be more masculine when dressed as a man, especially when in the company of other men. However, if dressed as a woman, it would have a different tone. But that's just me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jaylyn, When I'm on this forum my mind is in female mode no matter what I'm wearing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't have a different way of being when dressed, not a strong feminine side. Maybe I would be a little more soft spoken, and give others more compliments on their appearance than I would if talking to a guy. In other words, I would mainly modify my behavior based on the (presented) gender of the person I'm talking to. But also tone down the masculine part of me a little since that would draw attention to myself if I too were dressed.

There's only one way to find out. Have some sought of meeting somewhere. I live in Austin so I'm game.

Independently of the way I was dressed I would have a mixture of subjects to cover as I am interested in the person not just CD'ing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In femme mode, I'm sure we would be asking each other where we got clothes, shoes, how we did our makeup, etc. In dude mode, these wouldn't come up.
    Stephanie

This can depend on how well you know the person your chatting with. I have conversations in drab about the merits of a particular brand of stockings/pantyhose.

Her SO's face was a picture moment, She was just so suprised we were talking about that in drab.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

The few times I've met with others while we were both "drab" we still talked about clothes and other things related to dressing. This is something that I feel is natural as we have all spent so much time 'alone' that we want to share this side with others and who better than with someone who intimately understands how we feel.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Is this conversation before or after the big CAT fight that would ensue shortly after meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Is this conversation before or after the big CAT fight that would ensue shortly after meeting?
    That one is too cute not to pass up. I would never be involved in a CAT fight...I hope. Maybe Ohio ladies CAT fight but...oops, I just started a CAT fight, didn't I? (Illinois-based humor, a thousand pardons).

I want to come out so bad, my conversation would be exactly the same, regardless of how I was dressed. Of course, this assumes the men together all know about our mutual interest and we were allowed to do so by others around us.

I always say what's on my mind. That is what gets me in trouble.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 08-16-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Big meetings kind of bore me. Usually when I used to go to monthly support group meetings, they would either have a guest speaker on a TG subject or a makeup artist, jewelery demonstrator or wig person. Once in a while a "how to" video like "How to walk like a woman", etc. We basically started out with a round robin "ice breaker" so everyone could introduce themselves, then updates on what we did the past month. Followed by the feature activity listed above. Then refreshments and just gab fest at the end. After the meeting some of us would saunter to the nearest TG friendly watering hole and socialize and/or dance. This was mostly okay for the closeted types but not enough activity for myself. This is why I went off on my own and started going to the local LGBT resort to make friends, socialize and dance. A TG Org is okay but when things get too formalistic with large gatherings I feel you lose the one on one interpersonal dynamics.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Your "wondering" about what a group of CDs would talk about is interesting. Many CDs have complained that some groups of
    CDs talk and act as men rather than as women; they are just dressed as women. Personally, I prefer conversations that would be appropriate for both women and men; ie. mixed company.

As a rule, I find most male conversations boring.
    Hugs, Carole

The last few posts does present a problem, doesn't it? What do we talk about?

In recovery groups it is limited to one hour, no cross talk and it is about a specific subject. The theme is a chosen topic and the total tone is a variation of I'm okay, you're okay. People walk out dedicated to something feeling better about themselves, not high or drunk.

In my world, dressed or drab, what would I want the group to talk about and do? I guess it would be to just get together dressed, critique each other's outfits, come up with discussion items for the next meeting, say some chant, all hug and then all go home in an hour. Sad to think how much I need regimentation, despite my imagination and divergent behavior.

Giving this a tiny more thought, it could be a meeting group loosely based on this site, using similar topics. Sort of a CD website in the flesh. I would still have to make a goal...steps?...moderator?....god forbid this topic is becoming awful.

I need my morning coffee.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 08-17-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: topical overload

I thought that was what we were doing here!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Gold Member
    My experience has been that the clothes we wore was insignificant. We still talked about our lives which included our dressing and its impact along with our families and jobs. Lots of typical talk in getting to know each other or keeping up if we already knew each other. I don't recall any "dude" talk, so if there was any, it was small compared to the overall discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    I thought that was what we were doing here!
    So, the best answer is, we would do in person what we do here. Rather comforting. A nice thread. Thanks for the topic. robbin

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's a pretty big gathering. Maybe rent the convention center here in LV, NV. The room would probably have a low, bumble-bee hum of male voices punctuated with shrills and giggles, and the jingle of jewelry.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

All sitting around computers here withour windows on the world seems like what most would continue to do as we do now.
    One thing the coffee is cheaper.
    Meeting personally makes for good, instant interaction and the conversation is likely to go all over the place.
    I know it goes off on some of the strangest tangents when I have been with a group of girls that know who I am.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I go out quite often and thank god the subjects are not the economy or politics. We talk about family, relationships, and fuss over what we are wearing, etc....and T life in general...all in all, pretty tame stuff....

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    .....No , it would be, what color are my panties?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    And what a Cat Fight that would be. Men in dresses fighting out on the street. Do you think we may draw the local media or news station?

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    In a perfect world- Cross gender behavior and acceptance in the Judeo-Christian world, and the politics of being differently gendered.

This was really funny!

Julie commented last week how she always feels excited when the make up and wig goes on and she gets to be with Rita again. This got me thinking. I don't feel different in Rita mode. I don't think differently. I think Rita has always just been part of who I am. I have always been "in touch with my feminine side" as they say.

That's a roundabout way to say I believe my conversations would run about the same regardless of how I was dressed. Assuming of course I felt I was somewhere my secret could be brought out at all. We are starting to make friends with some of the SoCal girls. It could be as Rita gets more and more time out she begins to develop her own personality more. I doubt it but time will tell.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I've met and become friends with some wonderful CD/TG/TS folks over the years, but the best times have been two or three couples going places and having fun together.

It has been my experience that most big groups I've ever attended quickly turn into "men in dresses" with a bunch of folks in very nice gowns sitting around with their legs crossed guy style, legs apart with ankle on opposite knee, smoking cigars and bragging about their macho exploits in Korea or Viet Nam or The Sandbox. The smoking part is now banned in most restaurants and bars, and there may be hundreds of far more refined groups out there, but I've never been to a meeting of one.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 08-20-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).