Thread: I really felt I had made it.

I really felt I had made it.

Last Saturday I attended a casual house warming, of about a half dozen couples. I knew the hosts only. After wine and lots of Chinese takeout, the party moved inside, where the men sat at the dining table for cigars and brandy, and us women went to the living room end.
    Seven women (coincidentally all in maxi dresses) sat around gabbing until 3:00 a.m.
    Never once was- my transexuallity/sexuality/presentation questioned, or commented on. It was like a zen moment, where I realized I had broken thru, and was TRULY one of them.
    I have been on cloud nine since. It was the first time I never once questioned-acceptance or tolerance?
    Just had to share. I'm still smiling.

Gold Member
    You are a very lucky person to achieve this level of acceptance.
    I can understand your cloud nine status, I would love to be like you
    to achieve this status. Besides smoking is bad for your health.
    What did you all talk about, and where you able to contributed
    to the conservation.
    Rader

Awesome!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

When you fit in you fit in...didn't you miss the brandy though?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I would have missed the brandy and the cigars. Anyway, congratulations for fitting in so well.

On the other hand, I would have preferred wearing a maxi-dress instead of those dull stuffy monkey suits with the noose. Also, even when I am sort of en homme now I feel as if I get along with genetic women much better than most men. I guess when the mood strikes me I could smoke a cigar and drink brandy in the comfort of my home out on the patio.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Congrats on finding you fit in so well. Well, maybe it is that your friends accept you for you and not for what they had thought they wanted you to be or were portraying. 4

Keep smiling girl you deserve it!!!
    Sara

Platinum Member
    Congratulations, Celeste! You've definitely made it!

Very cool

I sent my sister (and best friend) this OT by email. This is her response. I cried. At this point Hallmark cards make me cry, but none the less, her caring brings me all kinds of joy.

"How wonderful. Your gentle, feminine energy is attractive to women, and I can see them being themselves around you. You probably look in the mirror and see something quite different to what other women see. I noticed it right away. You are a woman, not a man wearing makeup."

That's so wonderful Celeste!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Think also the other way round: if you did not transition and stood with the men and cigars... the other party would look at you like an alien, I don't know... but when I stand with only men I see myself strange. As others have said... next time you can dare to put on a dress like the others, because you know you have been accepted.