Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 95% of CD's are heterosexual is it true (A Survey)

95% of CD's are heterosexual is it true (A Survey)

Would it be counterproductive to put this to the test?
    I read in quite a few articles that 95% of people who crossdress have happy heterosexual relationships. Lately on this forum I have noticed a lot of threads regarding CD's and relationships. It would be interesting to put it to the test with 100 replies.
    There is no right or wrong answer nand Im not judging anybody all I want i8s to see if the internet is correct. Ellie

1) Totally heterosexual and happily married.
    2) Bi and happily married
    3) Gay and happy

I've seen statistics from different countries on the prevalence of LGBT in the total population (anywhere from 3% to 5-6%). But I've not seen recent statistics on hetero CDers. A rather large study by Docter & Prince (1997) determined that 84% of CDers are hetero, with the other 13% describing themselves as bisexual, asexual, or homosexual. The divorce rate was quite high (40%), but then it is high in the rest of the population too.

I don't imagine these figures have changed much.
    Reine

Thumbs up

number 1

Silver Member
    Ellie - Survey will not work. Only choice is "heterosexual AND happily married". There are many heterosexual and happily married. There are also may more heterosexual and - divorced, unhappily married, widowed, single, engaged, separated etc.

Same for bi and gay.

Happily married is unnecessary if you are simply trying to determine CD sexual orientation.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 08-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Platinum Member
    It's not a particularly good vehicle for sampling.

Choice 1 should simply be Heterosexual. Shouldn't include the married part. Irrelevant. I am happily married, but don't limit the folks who answer.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I’m looking at the possibilities of surveying the people I train on my job. There is a website (SurveyMonkey) where I can sign up for a free account and build custom surveys.

Quite frankly I’m surprised that this site doesn’t survey. I know there can be complications however one would think that there could be some level of control on a site like this ie must be member to take survey, can only answer once etc.

I would think that specific surveys ie sexual orientation should yield fairly accurate results from this site especially given the broad geographical base of members here.

I would consider opening a (SurveyMonkey) account to do surveys here. Maybe I need to check the forum rules.
    I am somewhat of a geek as I look at/work with data every work day, I think it would be interesting to see results of actual polls here.

Maybe this is something for another post.

Dee

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie52 View Post

1) Totally heterosexual and happily married.
    This will not give you a true representative sample, if you are really a graduate student doing a thesis on crossdressers you probably wont get this past your committee, but it may be interesting to see the results.

The only thing I don't like about this is that I hope it doesn't divide us who are on the discussion board into 3 groups. I rather enjoy conversing and reading about others who see the world differently than I do.

Number 1

My wife also helps me buy clothes so I am doubly happy.

Number 1 for me as well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Number 1 - absolutely 100%
    Stephanie

No. 1 and happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

3 for me!

No. 1 now,
    previously hetero and unhappily married,
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

#1, but with committed relationship - wife passed away quite some time ago.

I fall in the # 1 range

Banned Read only
    I'm unsure how to answer the survey.

I'm definitely crossdressed, haven't started any physical transition stuff right now. (soon I hope...) I'm separated, so I can't answer happily married - that situation is unhappy. Since I'm on the way to becoming female, am I gay or straight if I stll like girls? For that matter, how do I answer if I have no sex drive whatsoever? (I hate being a guy so much I can't even think about sex - with anyone under any circumstances right now.)

I would believe that ReineD's percent is closer to correct than any survey that you could possibly make on this or any other Internet site. About 85% is what I've come up with after 12 years of checking as many sources as possible. My professor of statistics at college warned of picking samples that initially are flawed --- every Forum, or whichever, draw participants of certain spectrums or variables in views, orientations, inclinations, etc. An example, extreme perhaps, would be to pick a populated community bordering the northern end of Hudson Bay to learn what their favorite style in bathing suits might be. Anyhow, have fun.
    Julie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Ellie - Survey will not work. Only choice is "heterosexual AND happily married". There are many heterosexual and happily married. There are also may more heterosexual and - divorced, unhappily married, widowed, single, engaged, separated etc.
    Guess that makes me a minus 1? It's ok, Ellie. I'm used to getting slapped around here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    No. 1 now,
    previously hetero and unhappily married,
    So you were previously a "cross" dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I'm unsure how to answer the survey.

I'm definitely crossdressed, haven't started any physical transition stuff right now. (soon I hope...) I'm separated, so I can't answer happily married - that situation is unhappy. Since I'm on the way to becoming female, am I gay or straight if I stll like girls? For that matter, how do I answer if I have no sex drive whatsoever? (I hate being a guy so much I can't even think about sex - with anyone under any circumstances right now.)
    In my view, after you've transitioned, you're not only no longer TS, if you still prefer women, you'll be a lesbian. You won't be a GG lesbian, you'll be a lesbian "with a past". If I were transitioning, I'm fairly sure one of the things I'd be looking forward to was spending time with a man when I get a vagina, but I'd end up being lesbian. Girls are just amazingly attractive.

As to answering the survey, I don't want to answer. It's subject to sampling bias (people who have joined here have self-selected being here, and you're only going to get a subset of that group). Also, the choices, as has been pointed out, are too restrictive. So there is absolutely no way this survey will be able to confirm or deny the hypothesis, the methodology is just too screwed up.

However, I want to say I'm "Heterosexual, but occasionally love fooling with a penis that's not mine".

#1 even though not married

Number 1 37 years happy and in Love

Heterosexual and married - yes. Happily married? The jury's still out on that one. Maybe 10 out of the 42 married years to date?

Why do I stay? Too many complications associated with divorce, plus the fact that the devil you know is better than the one you don't, as the saying goes...

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all. I see an awful lot of hook ups going on when we go hang out on tgirl nights. It seems a lot of CD seem to lose that hetero inclination with other tgirls. Could just be because its a club and all.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~