Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 95% of CD's are heterosexual is it true (A Survey)

#1 here.

Totally #2 for me.

#1 for me. Hetro and very happily married.

Hetero & happily married!

I know that people here frown on labels but in this case, I think a littleseparation is probably necessary. When I think of "crossdressers," I really only consider those men who simply dress as women or vice versa. I typically leave out of that group those who have gone into hormone therapy, surgery or those who have gone "above and beyond" simply dressing. If one undergoes some kind of gender transition, then it would seem that they no longer "crossdress" but rather dress in a way that is appropriate for their new gender. People here cover a very broad spectrum so it is difficult to look at just one part of the entire group.

Lacy PJs

number 1

Smile

#1 hetro and happy

I think the gender spectrum is not black and white but rather a spectrum. Sexual orientation is completely separate from gender identity, and is a spectrum. Gender presentation is completely separate as well.

I do think a lot of people are pressured to lie to surveyers, and to lie to themselves too (i.e. denial) by societal pressure to "be a man" and live up to male stereotypes strictly.

The debate over whether 95% of CDs are heterosexual male who identify completely or mainly as male vs whether 95% of CDs are TS in denial and hence identify as female is suggesting black and white thinking over what CDing really is.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, and the is a large variety of reasons why people CD. I don't have any exact numbers on this and we may never get the real statistics. Statistics can be flawed for many reasons. For the sake of this discussion I will assume MTF CDing.

- Some CDers just like wearing women's underwear.
    - Some CDers just like wearing women's clothes but identify and act completely male.
    - Some may just like certain specific items of women's clothes.
    - Some may like to present as female sometimes but still identify intrinsically as male.
    - Some may identify as both male and female and like to switch presentations frequently.
    - For some it's just a sexual fetish.
    - For some they may be truly TS in denial.
    - Even for some sexual fetishists they may be TS in denial.
    - Many TS start off thinking their CD, many never wear women's clothes until starting transition.
    - What if you identify as a 3rd gender or genderless?

I think there are more CD who are TS in denial than we would like to think, and there are more CD who are strictly CD and identify as male than we would like to think. And other variations as well.

The truth is we just need to take life one day at a time, and try to be as honest with ourselves as we can, which may take a very long time to happen or may sadly never happen for some.

100% straight guy, but as Tara, definately a lesbian but would be fond if male attention and affection.
    So 1 I guess,though never married
    Tara, the fab me!

There's not enough options. I am a heterosexual CD, divorced but currently in a committed relationship.

2 for me. I forgot there is a message length requirement.

I am married and hetero but my marriage is not nessasarily "happy".

1 for me and happly married, but we have both talked about me trying 2 so maybe one of these days, i will say this i am curious.

In the spirit of the question, I am another heterosexual crossdresser. who if I were to marry would be married to a woman, so #1 is as close to correct as I could answer. My S.O. is female and I have no homosexual desires. I do however like feminine cloths, jewelry, makeup, and body hair grooming.

I would definitely fall somewhere between #1 and #2..... so #1.5 for me. I have fantasied about being with a man while dressed up. After all that is what a lady would do! I have never looked at a man and thought of him as being hot, attractive or anything else.... so I'm not really sure that I would/could go through with it. But 1.5 for me.....

Ohh and I'm divorced, and it had absolutely nothing to do with me being a CD'r.... if we're taking stats, thought I should be clear.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I date men, so I guess that I'm #3.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Since sexually I am only attracted to guys and other trans girls....i guess i am #3. Correct?
    But I also spend 90% of my time in girl mode....so go figure. But it has been mostly other CDs and rarely guys.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Put me down for #1, sans-marriage. Dating/have dated exclusively women, no interest in men beyond friendships.

#1 but not happily married.

#1 and very happily married to a supportive wife.

Eva D.

I have been married to a wonderful woman for 23 yrs. Sandy is my personal makeup, clothing and style advisor. I do however physically interact with other CD/TV that make getting gurly so much fun. I don't find "men" attractive, so I don't know what category I would fall into-lol-.

Number 2 here

This is a very unscientific poll, and I think the data you quoted at the top is very questionable. Since homosexuals make up more than 5% of the total population, it is highly unlikely they would comprise only 5% of crossdressers.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i agree with Dawn, this is not a scientific poll and no real conclusions can be drawn from it.

I led a straight lifestyle for many years.
    I began exploring my bi side.

I'm not really unsure how to define my sexuality in a nutshell. I am attracted to women but sex is difficult with them.

Now I'm leaning towards #3 but with a catch. I am sexually attracted to other CD's more than men or GGs. I'm not sure what that makes me.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    That's how I feel too. I feel that while I am dressed as a girl I should do what a girl would do, i act like a girl and have female sexual urges. But I am attracted to CD's and Sissies, or maybe a dominatrix female "not men" (I know cd are men but it just feels different)

So maybe I am a Lesbiman.