Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 95% of CD's are heterosexual is it true (A Survey)

(1) Hetero and also married.
    This little survey is a fun idea. I liked the 'how tall are you' survey a little while back which showed that we're no taller or shorter than the whole male population - I kinda liked knowing that in some ways I'm still like everyone else.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ellie, Except for the hi-heels, Wigs & Silicon forms I'm all guy happily married 49.5yrs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

2, with a lean towards 3, but in a happy committed hetro relationship. I'm sure a shrink would have fun with that mess! LOL
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Banned Read only
    #1 Married, committed, and totally in love with my wife! I would like to add that while dressed there is somewhat of a bi curious. Not to the extent of being attracted to an actual man, but more of actually wanting to be the woman and feeling what a woman really feels when she is being adored and made love to. I am willing to venture that those feelings are very prevalent to most others. I do love when my wife flips roles. But it really boils down to us being lesbian at that point

Well I would of said a#1 up until a few years ago . I'm thinking I'm a #2 now because of my thoughts and fantasies when I dress. I most likely will never find out unless a chance arises and I wouldn't chicken out lol

DDee

I don't qualify for this thread but I would assume Reine's quote of about 85% would be more accurate if everybody was truthful..

Now there was one former member who claimed all CD members were gay or well on their way to being gay!

# 1 - Totally heterosexual and I am also happily married.

Is there a 1.5??
    I'm a 1, hetero and happily married. Admitedly I find myself bi curious, yet certainly not planning on acting on this. Have those wonderful vows to keep and a beautiful Mrs to keep happy.

Number 1 for sure. But....
    ...but I agree your choices are too limited.
    ...and, that is my body, or male mode (90% of of my waking life) speaking....
    Speaking for Jules...., well THAT might be a different story...
    Male mode (speaking) is 100% loving and loyal to his most loving beautiful supportive wife, AND considers himself blessed. Jules (speaking) also loves male mode's wife and is good friend with her. But..., Jules would love to be Bi - she thinks...??? But of course in this life, in this shared body, she never will be Bi...
    Does anyone relate when I speak in terms of two selves...?
    At least for me (Jules speaking) when I'm all dolled up, I feel, act, and think as all 100% girl... A girl who loves and admires ALL women, and..., a girl who fantasizes (like most girls, I suppose) of being in love and making love with a delicious loving romantic kind man... (And yes, both selves believe such men exist, at least on some planet. Yes joking again, about the planet that is...)
    So besides a little touched in the head (just joking), what category do I fall into...??? LOL
    Hugs, Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

If you are happily married but your wife doesn't know you're a CD, this happiness isn't based on honesty. I've been honest in my relationships and one marriage, and the honesty didn't make the SO very happy in any of them.

I don't fit neatly into any of the 3 categories, but my sexual experience history would indicate I'm 95% heterosexual.

...oh and I wanted to also say, I believe, psychologically speaking, if you consider your self all girl when dressed, acting and thinking as 100% girl when dressed, would being attracted to men when dressed and in such mental state be considered "gay"...? Personally, I don't think it would. To the outside observer yes of it course would - but would it be to you while in such a female state of mind... Now I'm talking about someone, like myself, who while in male mode has absolutely zero attraction to men, yet who assumes a total female state of mind when dressed.
    This of course leads back to the point many have made already; we need more categories of choices for such a " survey to be accurate and truly meaningful.....
    Hugs, Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Number 1 all the way here, for what it's worth.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I agree with all the girls here who point out this can not be a valid statistical exercise as the sample pool is pretty biased. However, taken as just a bit of fun between girls, not a bad endeavor.

Why do we continue to attempt to put ourselves into little boxes and ascribe labels to what we seem to enjoy so much. Does this add to our enjoyment of dressing or simply cause mental consternation? My take is that court is still out on what we do, who we are supposed to be and how we are supposed to behave. Why not just have fun with it and leave it at that.

My fit in the survey??? Not a 1 and not a 3. Kinda 2ish if that is where the Lipstick Lesbians fit. OMG, have I just created another little box with an alpha designation, LL?

Thanks for the entertaining thread.

Hugs, Robin

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    1, happily married and out of the closet for twenty years which may be why I am happily married.

I usually don't participate in surveys but I'll answer this one with number 1. I have been married to the same love of my life for forty-two years. We have had the greatest life together so far. Has the road always been a happy one? Every marriage has trials especially in the early stages but we had one rule from the first and that was we would never go to bed angry with each other. When we fussed and fumed we simply would not go to bed at night till we had worked thru our problem. Yes there has been a few nights in the beginning that we talked until the wee hours of the morning, but we always could reach a compromise. We don't fuss and fight anymore, and are very accepting of each other at this point in our lives. We plan on living life to the fullest, the lovinest, and desire that we make each other the happiest. We don't keep secrets from each other ( except at birthdays) and have always been out in the open with our problems. She knows I like wearing sexy women's things and makeup when my feminine side comes out. She helps me pick out clothes and is very accepting of my dressing. We have many interests that are the same. She enjoys lots of what is usually not a GG accepted norm. She hunts, camps and fishes tournaments with me. I help her and she helps me and our friends know we are still very much in love at the age of 63 and 61. We are happy, happy, happy. Definitely a number one on the survey.

#2...all the way....

I suppose honesty would have me as a #2. Although I am happily married, and have never actually been with a man, I do fantasize about it when I am dressed, or when I fantasize about dressing.
    *StacyP*

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Wait... what kind of polls are we talking about here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I can't say I do. What's the thing about this tread that warrants disabling polls?
    this forum used to allow polls where it would actually tally results but since the arguments about statistics and means always over ran the polls they were disabled. This thread is reinforcing that. Everyone has to dissect the meaning of the question to a point where the results will be meaningless. This particular question was a poll question once. It found approximately 48% were straight males, 45% were bisexual and 3% were gay. (that leaves 2% who had no opinion). So as you can see the results are far different than what this thread shows. The wording of the question here skews toward people answering as "straight". The poll before you didn't have to post under your name so more confessed to bisexual. See how the way polls are [resented automatically skews them to reinforce the position of the poster?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Bah! I knew I should've spelled it differently.
    Homophones don't translate into text very well

Number 1 for me as well. Still in the closet though and not out to my wife

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm a number 1 on your list.

Hetero, no homosexual experiences or desires and loving my wife to bits.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Totally heterosexual but un-happily married. Please advise us of your conclusions. Thanks.

Since I don't identify as a CDer I don't think it's meaningful to consider my status, but I did want to weigh in. Not only are there sampling biases involved in surveying just the group here, there are also self-selection biases in terms of who decides to post and who doesn't. It isn't statistically meaningful, but it's still an interesting subject.

Part of the challenge is getting an honest answer to questions about sexuality in the first place, something that has plagued researchers from the beginning. Societal pressures don't just provide reasons to lie to researchers, but they make it a lot easier for us to lie to ourselves. Estimates of the proportion of LGBT folk of any description have tended to go up over time as these pressures relax. In my experience I've heard a greater proportion of same sex or bisexual leanings in CDing contexts than elsewhere, but I suspect that has a lot more to do with having already broached a taboo subject in the first place. The same might be true of any group you get to know beyond the superficial level of most of our day-to-day connections.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie52
    1) Totally heterosexual and happily married.
    2) Bi and happily married
    3) Gay and happy
    I guess you’re only interested in HAPPY people, eh?

I know a lot of “totally” heterosexual individuals who are NOT happily married, especially when crossdressing rears its beautiful head. I wonder what the percentage is of happy vs. unhappy?

Since you brought it up, what does “happy” mean, anyway? Lucky? Fortunate? Having, showing, or causing great pleasure (or joy)? Suitable or clever, perhaps? It seems to me that all happiness one may feel, either real or contrived, can change at a moment’s notice. Statistics fail to take this into consideration, even though change is ongoing, insistent, and necessary. When does happy denote a façade of choice, maintained in the face of life’s challenges, just to make everyone feel at ease? In other words, is “happy” all it’s cracked up to be? Just asking…

How about me, a heterosexual (with retro-BI pretensions), unmarried, happy as the proverbial clam? I guarantee you that I laugh (gayly) more than any married person, AND I crossdress...