Thread: First Endo Consult Today!

First Endo Consult Today!

Saw the Dr. at the VA Clinic this morning. He did a thorough exam, we talked, then went for lab work. He was impressed that I knew so much about the process (thank you, Ladies, for sharing), and explained the possible dangers of doing it at my age, with my health issues. I'm 62, and have some cardiac issues.

Next step is to visit with the Psych department. That should be soon, as this Dr. wants to see me again in three weeks.

After so many years of denial, and trying so hard to present as the macho dude everyone expected of me, it's hard to believe I'm at this point! Right now, I'm happy, I'm excited, I'm scared as hell! This is that first step I've wanted since I was four years old. I''ve now taken it, and I want to take off running! However, I'll go at their pace and see what happens.

It all seems so crazy-good!

Hugs,
    Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Leah, your on your way. Remember, this isn't a race but a journey to be enjoyed.

It is crazy good hun - your shell's cracked open. Come on out and enjoy the sun!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

*Puts on cheerleader outfit" Yay! Good for you Leah. Let the good times roll!

From one late bloomer, to another. Congratulations. I hope it works as well for you as it seems to for me.

Congratulations!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

As someone said to me, I don't know whether I should give congratulations or condolences. Either way the journey has started! We are all here with you.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'm with you all the way, both physically and mentally. I just had my blood work done by my prime, and in 2 weeks I go the the mental health department, could prove interesting. Then its down to Miami, And the endo, and possibly the medication. Like you I am getting towards seniorhood, I'm 70. Its going to be an exciting journey for both of us. Good luck.

Bobbi

I made that post, then had to hop in the truck and roll a few days. Thanks so much for the kind words and the encouragement! I'm home now, as I have to do a stress test in the morning. If I had a buck for every one of those I've done, I could afford a boob job! Almost.

My daughter is on board with this, but my son, not so much. He isn't totally opposed, just not crazy about HIS dad doing it. There's plenty of time to win him over. Otherwise, the only one against is a homophobic brother in law. And his vote doesn't count.

Still waiting to hear when the psych appt. will be. Another dr. appt. to tell the boss I need time off for. He's been asking questions and I keep giving him vague answers. And, until I go full time, it's none of his business. It's just to keep me healthy.

Thanks again,

Leah

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Your journey has taken steps for the better. A late bloomer here also, but would not change a thing. Best of luck with your stress tests.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Did the stress test okay, and was sent home. I hope that's a good thing; last year I was admitted with two blood clots in a coronary artery.

The psych clinic called. The lady had me answer the preliminary questionare over the phone to save time. She'll call when they're ready to set an appointment.

Still waiting to win the lotto.

Hugs,

Leah