Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What gender are you? This is NOT a poll!

Complex Lolita...

What gender are you? This is NOT a poll!

I was tooling around on another site that I frequent, one with elements of crossdressing sprinkled around (like fairy dust), and I came across a poll for viewers, asking “What gender are you?” This was followed by the phrase, “Let’s see how diverse (the site) is!” These were the choices:

Male
    Female
    Transgender – MtF
    Transgender – FtM
    Other

Your choice. I can’t go anywhere these days without bumping into transgender, especially if crossdressing is in the mix somewhere, but I have a simple question – who would check “Other” as their gender? Doesn’t M, F, MtF, and FtM pretty much cover it?

I mean, what other choices are there? Are there other dimensions of gender-reality that I’m (apparently) unfamiliar with? Are we talking about the hypothetical THIRD gender, specifically created by and for the benefit of people who either can’t decide, won’t decide, or don’t really care what they are? Are there aliens among us, with gender characteristics hitherto unknown and under-appreciated? You tell me, I’m all ears (and eyes). BTW, I’m male...

I like people who don’t conform, and I must admit I would normally hesitate to state what I am, but “Other?” Why not say “Both” or “Neither,” and spit something back at society? If I was younger, I might do exactly that, but nowadays I avoid polls, surveys, or any “other” word you may wish to call it, along with the marketing they thinly disguise. I wish to be invisible, place doubt in other people’s minds, and drift along on my magic carpet of nonconformity. However, if I am needed, in case of emergency, I will step forward and declare myself an example of the male gender, without hesitation. Oh, he may be unsure of what he can do, and he may be insecure as all get-out, but at least he made a choice somewhere along the way, based on his own feelings, even if it meant going back to square ONE...

“Other.” That made me laugh. Maybe that was the whole idea. You had to be THERE, trust me...

Is there an OTHER gender I’m unaware of? Feel free to educate me. I won’t bite...

I don't see why MtF has been separated from Female and FtM from Male, that feels a little like they're saying you're not really the gender you identify with even if you have transitioned.

I identify as bi-gender so 'Both' would be more accurate than 'Other' for me, although I suppose other is just a catch all term for the wide varieties of different gender identities that people have
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Gender Queer, Gender Fluid, Two Spirited, non-gendered

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...7182-why_n.png I'm very proud of being a man, and a woman. I like the fact I can very easily identify with both genders and easily switch. I can also feel I could stay one or the other for love. If my partner wanted me to be a girl all the time If there was love there I'd be their girlfriend or boyfriend. If however they enjoyed having a man on some days and a woman the other that would be my ultimate partner. Still I count myself as an open minded straight male AND a bi-curious female, just depends what mood I wake up in. The same goes for weather I'm submissive or dominant in bed, it's all depends on my mood, and partner's preference.

However I don't know if that makes me a freak, greedy or just normal. Hell I don't even know what I'm even classified as yet.
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-21-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Removed IMG tags hotlinking pics is not allowed, please read the rules regarding this

"Star Trek-The Next Generation" kind of addressed this in an episode 1n 1992 about an androgynous unisex race called the J'naii. Everyone(male and female) dressed the same and physical sex was forbidden. That notwithstanding, I'm a male and thoroughly enjoy it. My dressing is something I mostly do to outwardly express my inner feelings and to enjoy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm kinda in the same boat as Sophiekitty I'm proud to be a man but I also enjoy dressing and acting like a woman.

Transgender...M to F...And I'll stand behind it...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Hi Freddi, I'm just a male Crossdresser.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Male , 99% but think of my self a female for that great 1%

DDee

Platinum Member
    This isn't a poll so I don't feel compelled to answer for myself. I would remind everyone that there are 'other' gendered people, born with outward manifestations of both biological sexes...and more intersexed children are being born each year.

Gold Member
    If this is not a pole, than where do I put my "X"
    Rader

When I was like 9 years old and going to church I always knew my soul was a girl, but I figured since I was born a boy may as well follow it through, so got married twice (both faliures) now I give up trying to be something I am not.

Male--with a very strong feminine side that's trying to take over.

Staci

I pick other.

Google has three gender choices including other for sign up to thier products.

Another male cd here.

I am very definitely male. But, since I was a teen (many years ago), I have enjoyed the experience of looking female.
    Of course, for many years I thought there was something wrong with me, and maybe there is, but I can't deny this part of myself /

Banned Read only
    Compassion please - I think life is hard for someone who doesn't naturally conform to one pole of the gender binary or the other, nor is able to transition to one or the other.

As for me, transgender - MtF.

Aspiring Member
    My pedantic nature tells me this is a trick question. The pronouns that identify me and words that describe my personality and nature possess a gender , but I don't. I am a member of the male sex and am quite happy with that fact.

Veronica

Gender fluid, or more colloquially, a Nancy boy.

I am what I am! That won't change by calling me male or female! When all is said and done I will still be ME!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [COLOR="black"]
    Your choice. I can’t go anywhere these days without bumping into transgender, especially if crossdressing is in the mix somewhere, but I have a simple question – who would check “Other” as their gender? Doesn’t M, F, MtF, and FtM pretty much cover it?
    I think it would be best to have people pick between:

Male
    Female
    *Gender non-conforming (MtF)
    *Gender non-conforming (FtM)
    Transsexual (MtF or transwoman)
    Transsexual (FtM or transman)
    Pangender (No labels)
    Intersex

*There are lots of synonyms for 'Gender Non-Conforming': bi-gender, dual-gender, gender fluid, genderqueer, etc.

'Transgender' is too general. It is an umbrella term for everyone on this list, except the males and females who do not cross any gender barrier(s).

Me? I'm female.
    Reine

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Male alien!

Freddy, I always get a bit excited when you post something new.

To answer the non-poll for shits and giggles, I would choose male.

As to the other, I kind of see it as a catch all safety net for the author of the poll. An easy way to make sure you haven't excluded someone. I think its become so status quo for surveys these days that its probably added on subconsciously.

Victor Borge said it years ago about Denmark.
    They had three sexes there. Male, female and convertible.
    Last time I looked I think I still had boy parts.
    Frédérique, you do have to throw in other to accommodate all anomalies.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.