Thread: A Kind and Selfless Act at the Office

A Kind and Selfless Act at the Office

I just wanted to acknowledge one of my coworkers for helping me out today!

I typically wear jeans and boots with a casual top at the office. Today, I wore a long skirt and heels - dressed more professionally for a series of meetings. About 3pm, very heavy rain started. By 5pm when I tried to leave, our parking lots were flooded under about six inches of water.

I went to retrieve my door badge from my purse to unlock the office and get my old pair of men's rubber boots I have in a storage room. I heard Corey, our electrical engineer intern, call out and tell me wait. He was already barefoot with slacks gathered at his knees walking toward his truck, when he turned to cross the parking lot to my side.

He took my keys, made his way through the water to my car, and drove it around to the service lot behind the building and up the handicap ramp. I was able to get in without removing my shoes or getting them wet. I offered to drive him to his truck, but said not to worry about it, as his feet were already wet. I expressed my gratitude, and made my way home.

I've never been on the receiving end of such a chivalrous act before; it took me quite by surprise! But, it speaks to the caliber of people I work with. They have all been very accepting and welcoming toward me, and thereby made my transition at work easier than I ever dared to hope for. But today, Corey went above and beyond.

I'll take him for lunch one day this week as a thank you!
    Last edited by Danielle.N; 08-20-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Awesome story, Danielle, and way to go Corey!
    Last edited by steftoday; 08-20-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Like I told you on FB,this guy is kind and I am sure you will repay the kindness...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

What a great guy! We need more people in this world like him.

Platinum Member
    Great story, Danielle!

Chivalry is not dead. Great post.
    #1 great thing about being full time- I don't load anything into my vehicle at Home Depot anymore.

That's a great story.
    PS Very cool car

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great story! Dodge Charger?

Wonderful story, Danielle. So nice to see there are still gallant men around.
    Reine

There are good people everywhere doing random acts of planned niceness.
    Live and let dress.

LOL he may have been willing to do whatever it takes to get behind the wheel of that car! Then again there are still people out there who enjoy helping others. Great story.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That's really great Danielle. Shows that your co-workers think a lot of you.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

What a away to start the day. Loging on and the first post you read is a not just a good news story but a great news story. Always nice to hear of people being nice to other people

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A great story, and most likely reflects the way you treat others, and present yourself.

Of course, it helps that you might be working with other Civil Engineers...Just plain good people...lol

Hugs,

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Nice story good hear still some gentlemen around. Nice car by way.
    Come join me on facebook

Allie is coming meet me for lunch; we are treating Corey and his girlfriend Amber today. They are such a cute couple

In other news, the flash flood has receded and I parked on the high side today!

So nice!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile

goes to show you there are good and kind harted people still alive and doing there thing in this world.

good deeds get repaid in triple.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    That's so sweet of him.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone