Thread: Thinning Hair?

Thinning Hair?

Is there a way to stop the loss of hair and regrow it. I know HRT does, but I don't know if I want to go that far. Is there a certain hormone to take or a smaller dose to have this effect?

I would prefer to have naturally long hair rather than wearing a wig. I always wear a wig when I am dressed and it does give me a headache when I wear it for a long time.
    Last edited by laurie01; 08-21-2013 at 05:26 PM.

stop the loss of hair and regrow it
    Everyone loses hair. Genetic women too, but at a slower rate I think. The trick is to slow down the hair loss -proper hair care and scalp skin care.
    There are licenced cosmetic professionals who can give you better answer and cause of your hair loss.

I would prefer to have naturally long hair rather than wearing a wig.
    Oh. Really? Who could have figured.
    Sarcasm. ;p

I have heard people who go on female hormones report their hair becomes softer. The length and volume might take a while.

HRT as a rule will not stop or regrow hair loss due to male pattern baldness. You need to look into specific treatments such as finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil. Talk to your doctor to see what the best options are for you.

Pretty much the only known successful hair growth product so far is still good ol' Minoxadil, the active ingredient in Rogaine, and many other products like it. It's slow, and it doesn't have the same results in all people. Consider a weave?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Miriam
    I've never understood all the anxiety about hair loss. For me it's past tense at this point, but I always found it easy to accept. There are a lot of good things about having less hair (less wasted time, easier care, ...), and it can be enjoyed once you change your mindset. From a crossdressing perspective, it's much easier and cooler wearing a wig than if I had a mop to tuck under. I also have much more selection in hair styles and can change those styles in just a few minutes.

Don't fight it! Enjoy it.

Miriam

I used to have longish hair but my receding hairline and the showing of grey hairs made me shave it all off. Most of the times I will shave my head bald. Easier to wear a wig.

Platinum Member
    Hi Laurie, The only thing that will fix thinning hair is to have different birth parents, Heredity can be a cruel master sometimes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    You can also use shampoo and conditioner designed for attacking DHT on the scalp. Nioxin and Bosley both are these types of hair products. But temper all expectations. It is far easier to stop the progress of hair loss then it is to get anything back.

Finasteride or the other prescription meds that Megan posted.

Also, having your hair relocated, hair transplantation, aka follicular unit transplantation.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).