Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel female

I guess most people just feel " regular" most of the time. That's how I feel most of the time, en femme or not. Although when I'm sitting around in male clothing, I often think "Why am I wearing this crud?"

when i dress i definitely feel like i am a woman and i do my best to portray one, for the other question i would love to have the ability to switch to a well built female form,
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

Platinum Member
    I'm mostly female, regardless of where or how I'm dressed. I don't change with my clothes.

When dressed I feel like me. The articles of clothing I buy may come from a section of the store that is gender specific, but once my money goes in the register, they are my clothes. I am living my RLT so There is no difference as to feeling while living my day. My therapist told me at my last session that he feels I am probably 75 to 80 percent female inside. That conformation gives me the thoughts that I am doing the right thing. How do I feel? Great.

Bobbi

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I don't feel or believe I am a female when I dress. I feel feminine, or at least my concept of what being feminine is. Even when I'm not dressed sometimes I have a thought about something that I feel like is that woman part of me thinking that. My wife has said that when I am dressed I am more feminine in my manner, and behavior. So I just to have to go by that.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I feel more calm. I don't have male angst. I breathe deeply, think slowly.

I'm sure that is not a female trait, per se, but it is my female trait. I call it feeling fem.

But that's just me. xxhuggs to all.

Hi'

Jess,

Yes you are right in many aspects , i have concerns for our family our three grown up kids & 10 grandkids, & Jos of cause,

as this is about our thoughts about self acceptance confidence in our selfs, what is it like being a female / woman, one can only answer that ? when one is born as one , i know many try to be like us, the difference is of cause its about being one then you do know,

As a female i lack confidence in my self in how i look thats hard to over come , though not in myself as a female / woman , im very strong yet we do have issues we face, we each have our own fail points along the way, so its not allways so easy being female , we still have to live like every one else, how we do that is the deciding factor wether we can stand on our own two feet, or do we just hide away, knowing the many women i work with who have issues it really does say we would like to have more confidence in our selfs & be strong .

...noeleena...

No, not even close!! I may see a girl in the mirror at times, but I have never felt fem at all.

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    1 When you crossdress do you feel as though you are female, wheather it's closeted in your home or going out in public?

I don't dress to feel female, I feel female and it makes me want to dress to feel natural. Sometimes I dont even need to wear girl clothes to feel like a girl.

2 When dressed (if possible) would you like to go public with a well built female body under your female clothing and leave all your male parts at home; or would you like to keep those parts and be a MtF crossdresser. Would you get the same pleasure of being female and just wearing normal female clothes which would become just normal and miss the exhilaration of successfully pulling off and passing as a MtF CD in public?

First option, for sure.
    Just another brazilian girl.

It is really fascinating to see the range of answers here! It is obvious that there are many different "flavors" of cross-dressing--something I feel I should keep in mind. When I was first looking into cross-dressing on the internet, I was relieved and excited to find out that "there are others out there like me!". As time went on, I've realized that this is too simple a view, since not everyone who is a cross-dresser feels the way I do. On that topic--

When I became Emeraude, I become Emeraude. I truly feel that I am a woman, and I feel very comfortable in that role. If I could magically transform my body into a woman's body, I would in a heartbeat! But I'd do it only temporarily, then change back. Not only because I have a family that needs me to be a man, and because I have professions where I am viewed as a man, but because I enjoy and appreciate being a man as much as I appreciate being a woman.
    --Emeraude

I never feel female. I don't know what feeling female would be like. I don't think I even know what feeling male is like; I only know what I feel like. Rather, I feel feminine, in the sense of enjoying feminine style clothing and such. What I don't enjoy is 1) the sense of deception in having to try to pass as a woman in order to be able to be out in public; it is much better when I am with people who know who I am and accept that, and 2) the anxiety that goes along with having to try to pass.

Michaella

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    When I dress, I feel like the "Amy" part of my soul shifts to the "foreground." The male part of me is still there, but is in the "background."

I-as-Amy feel very feminine, but the others in this thread are right; none of us truly knows what feeling "female" is like. (Sabrina considers that a blessing on my part. I can't experience what she does while she's on her cycle, for instance!)

If I could "morph" myself into fully-female flesh while being Amy, though, I would certainly do that! Just as long as I could morph back when I needed to detransform.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

When i dress up female that is how i feel but,when male that is who i am.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny CD View Post
    That's the way I feel Jennifer. however, I DO want to be "me" at work and go about my day, all day... all night... as me.
    THis is how I feel also just enjoy being me

Platinum Member
    lets see i have long blonde hair with light gray higlights 36 c boobs and lets just say tucking is not a issue any more .......do i feel female? no i feel like a normail person.....

Nope, never feel female, or even really look female.
    I just feel like a guy, no matter how I am dressed,
    just sometimes, I like to dress in finer women's clothes.
    But still underneath, just a guy.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have female mannerisms even in guy mode - I think that I should have been female - I have denied myself for a very long time - I would love the world to see me as the female I feel that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    1 When you crossdress do you feel as though you are female, ........
    Never having been female (at least in this life), I have no idea what feeling female feels like.

When I dress as a female, I attempt to act female as much as possible, but I've known enough females to know that they don't all act the same.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    I'd like a do-over on this one. I have to admit that I can't say for certain what being female means on an emotional level. Nor am I sure that what I feel is 'male'. As a child what I felt was different and flawed. I lived with that feeling for a long, long time. For some reason when I dress and present myself as a woman, despite all the physical evidence to the contrary, I feel good, normal, healthy and happy. Is it feeling female-I can't honestly say. But it feels right in a way that male does not.

A lot of people in this thread have said they don't know what feeling female is like. I've thought about this over the years and I'd like to give my impressions for those of you who are interested.

Fundamentally, there are a few major differences between men and women and these differences are strictly biological. It is widely accepted that the average male is stronger and more aggressive than the average female due to having more muscle mass and testosterone. And the average female is more empathetic than the average male due to having more estrogen. This does not mean that women can't be aggressive and men can't be nurturing. Men tend to be more outward with their behavior, while women internalize things more even though this also is not cast in stone. The biggest differences is obvious: our biological functions; insemination (and the sexual drive to accomplish this ) vs. childbirth and lactation.

But other than that, our day to day feelings are not different. Both men and women bleed when they are cut, and it hurts each of them. They both have the capacity to feel the full spectrum of human emotion: joy, sorrow, jealousy, anger, fear, surprise, hope, aversion, gratitude, love, hate, attraction, desire, relief, feeling protective and nurturing toward children, feeling territorial, and the list goes on.

What does it feel like to be a female? Other than childbirth, likely not much different than it is to be a male, except perhaps getting so angry that you want to hit someone. lol. But even then, I'm guessing that most men would rather not get into a knock down fight if they can help it.

This is why it is difficult for me to understand why clothes should make someone feel like a woman, when women experience similar emotions as men. I do understand the concept of a man feeling more feminine compared to non-CDers when he wears woman's things, and a woman feeling more masculine compared to dressed up women when she is wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. Maybe. lol. Well maybe not, because even when I picture myself fly fishing with my son, wearing waders and other clothes that are practical for this sport, I still feel like me. I do not feel masculine. So fundamentally, feeling feminine for me boils down to my comparison to men: my physical size compared to men, my body shape compared to men, and my biological functions. Even if I taped my breasts and packed, I would still know that I am a woman.

If through some quirk of nature there were only women and no men on this planet (forget about the logistics of this for now), would I feel particularly feminine? I don't think so, even if all women are of difference shapes and sizes. There would be no males for me to contrast with, I'd just notice that my breasts were bigger than some, or that I enjoyed dressing in a different style than others.

Edit - Not to insult anyone, this post is written for the benefit of those who identify male, not TSs.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-24-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    No offense taken. As my do- over suggests, I don't understand the whole issue. I doubt that I ever will. I meet all the physical criteria for male, and yet that hasn't felt like a really good fit. At the moment, I'm poolside, wearing a one piece, forms and a wig and I feel good. Do I feel female...no I just feel like me, and for some reason more so than when I went to Sears wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

A few weeks ago I remodeled a bathroom...taking a cue from you, Reine. But I did it wearing a a bra and forms and a wig...a very male endeavor that was for some reason more enjoyable en femme. I don't have the slightest explanation for it.

Whenever I dress, I feel totally female. Hopefully, someday, I will be able to wear a dress to work and be the woman I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    even when I picture myself fly fishing with my son, wearing waders and other clothes that are practical for this sport, I still feel like me. I do not feel masculine.
    Seems to me that communication around this issue would be helped if we used different language than "feminine" and "masculine." When a woman wears overalls and work gloves, maybe she feels "tough" or "practical" or "handy." When a guy wears a flowing skirt, maybe he feels "graceful" or "pretty;" when he wears a little black dress and stockings, maybe he feels "sultry." I think we could all mostly agree on roughly what "graceful" or "sultry" or "handy" feel like for us.

But I don't have high hopes of that happening, because many of the people who come here like the fantasy that they've attached to the word "feminine."

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Like most here, I haven't a clue what "feeling like a female" is like. Nor could I.

I DO feel excited, turned on, and stimulated by the feel and look of dressing and the sexy, fem images in my mirror and pics.

U mentioned "passing" like it's a ho hum deal. For those of us that can NEVER pass, it's far from that. It's the Holy Grail of CDing!

When I'm dressed I can NEVER forget I am! My heels, tite girdles, corsets, bras and forms continually remind me of how I appear.
    I'm in the same place as docrobysherry on this. When dressed I feel different and i act differently. A male friend of mine says that I walk differently and move my hips in a different way. When dressed in male clothes I don't feel particularly male, whatever that is. I stopped at a bar for a drink yesterday evening. I was wearing chinos, a pink sport top and a plain silver necklace. I had recently showered and I always put on perfume. It was the turn of Jennifer Aniston perfume yesterday, so I probably smelled like a woman. I noticed that the men who came and sat at the bar spoke to the young female bartender in a very loud and dominant way. It was as if they wanted to establish a position of power relative to the female. I really didn't like it and if that was being 'male', I absolutely don't like it and would never act that way. One of the men did look at me several times as if he found my "look" odd.

So, what is "male" and what is "female"? Both must encompass an entire spectrum of looks and behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by JessM. View Post
    But I don't have high hopes of that happening, because many of the people who come here like the fantasy that they've attached to the word "feminine."
    I couldn't agree with you more, Jess ... (except the part above where I might feel tough, practical, or handy when I wear appropriate clothes for fly fishing. I just feel neutral about my clothes and mostly I feel as if I am having fun fly fishing. )

Back to the fantasy concept, I tend to think of this forum (possibly because of my background here) as primarily a place where people can get support, which also includes making sense of this thing called "crossdressing" or "transgenderism" and its deeper ramifications; i.e., "What does it mean? Am I a man or a woman? Etc." There are many members who struggle with what this means in their marriages, in their roles as husbands and fathers, and how to go about successfully incorporating the cross-gender expression with spouses who do not share the same understanding of gender non-conformity as their husbands.

But I suspect that many people just come here to indulge in fantasies because the CDing and the meaning and expression of femininity are no more than a place where one can indulge in rather fun and exciting adventures. Perhaps these are the people who do have bubbles and who do not want them burst? And I wonder how many of these members turn off the computers and return to their families as males, or how many live alone and can indulge in as much fantasy as they want.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between someone who struggles to incorporate it with it within a family and who seeks an objective viewpoint that will help them reach a balance, and someone who isn't interested at all, because they just want to have fun.
    Reine