Thread: Older transexuals (40 and over please)

Aspiring Member

Older transexuals (40 and over please)

For those of you who started hormone therapy when you were 40 or older. How long did it take to start seeing results?

What kind of results?

It's going to be different for every girl at this age. I didn't get much. After a year I started noticing some skin softening and whatnot. My thinning hair also started growing back in and that was huge for me. My hair wasn't really that thin as a guy but when I grew my hair out, my male hairline was a dead giveaway. After growing my hair for 4 years and 3 years on HRT, I'm very pleased with my progress up top. Not a lot of change anywhere else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Aspiring Member
    How old were you when you started?

I started at 43 and had noticeable results within a month or two, though nothing really dramatic. The typical breast bud development and accompanying soreness. Mellowing of mood, especially anger responses. Skin and hair texture changes took a year to really become noticeable, and fat distribution only started to change slowly thereafter.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    How old were you when you started?
    I thought you knew better than to ask a lady her age

I started Hormone Therapy just before my 56th birthday, and started seeing some objective signs a few months later. For a while because I am overweight, they could have been mistaken for moobs, but not any longer.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I started at 55, and began with breast tenderness after about a month, small mass under the nipple shortly afterward and some skin softening right away. Emotional changes began after a couple of weeks.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?