Thread: Random Thoughts From Eva

Random Thoughts From Eva

So in a different thread that I was posting in, I mentioned ditching the boy parts and a random thought occurred.

After SRS is complete and the boy parts are gone, is phantom limb syndrome an issue? I mean, having lived with a body part for 31 years I would think if it's gone, there would be some form of remnant feelings of it still being there.

Just a random passing thought.

I'm kinda doubting it but you would have to get the answers from sisters who have transitioned already. I'm thinking that when you become a woman, you won't have too much time to think about it because then the real work begins.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I am anxious to hear what those experience have to say. I do believe that some of the tissues involved are retained and "repurposed" in the construction of the female genitalia. So, its not so much that its gone as that its changed its shape and function. Kinda neat, when you think about it!

no..............

the phantom "limb" isn't a phantom. Just remodeled. Hopefully with the correct surgery, you will retain the feelings and be able to have fun. Phantom limb is when the part is gone and nerve endings send impulses incorrectly.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    a big NO from me too.

I don't know, but I'm gonna find out.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Silver Member
    http://chip.ucsd.edu/pdf/occurence_p..._genitalia.pdf

Apparently it hasn't been studied much. It does occur in some post-ops according to this, however. The incidence is believed to be lower than in the non-transsexual population (amputation for other reasons, e.g. disease).
    Lea

Ooh, good link, LeaP. I'm going to add that one to my files.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.