Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone commented on my legs and not in a good way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Someone commented on my legs and not in a good way

So I am pretty much hairless, chest, arms, torso and legs. I went to the gym at an odd time for me today. I got out of the shower and was getting dressed when a guy behind me says in a louder than casual conversation voice, "are your legs shaved?"

I swim everyday, so its not like I don't have an excuse other than my little hobby, but I was taken off guard. I turned around and stated, "that's no one's business but, my own. What are you doing looking at men in the locker room? You should really find another place to try to pick up men." His jaw dropped, he stood there dumb founded for a second and then turned and walked away. The guy across from me just laughed and said good come back.

I hated accusing him of being gay, but I know guys like this and turning it back on them always messes with their head.

Anyways, I'm going back to my normal schedule to avoid any future issues.

My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?" Yours was pretty good, but possibly dangerous depending on the psyche of the guy who asked the question.

that's funny...bet he looks a the wall from now on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I think you put him in his place quite well.

There are worse things than getting into a fight, so I thought the instant comeback was spot on. Besides, if some guy attacks a naked dude in a locker room, he'd have his own set of troubles and questions to be answered. =)

I most likely would have answered the same way without even thinking about it.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Hi,

Well Well , that was pretty good,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?" Yours was pretty good, but possibly dangerous depending on the psyche of the guy who asked the question.
    Yes, that could be a concern. Some men cannot stand to be embarassed in front of other people. This might have escallated into a fight.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    I realize that it was dangerous, but given his tone or decibel level, I realized being meek was only going to encourage him further. I decided to fight fire with fire.

Great Response
    DDee

Platinum Member
    I guess I would have said "Yup". And left it at that.

I've never been asked that.... probably because a bunch of the guys on my hockey team shave various parts of their body.... and no one really cares as long as you can put the puck in the net....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I had a stress test yesterday, and the GG tech that was hooking me up looked, but didn't say anything. So, I said that last year, I told the tech that it hurt pulling all those contacts off, so I was going to shave my chest next time. This tech burst out laughing. It was good.

Still, love your comeback.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Platinum Member
    good answer .... i would have gone a steep more but thats me .....

There are sportsmans who shave. These people should STFU and mind their own business instead of being so gossipy/outspoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    It doesn't really matter what his motivation for the comment was, it was still rude. A lot of people don't seem to have manners anymore, and are not teaching their children manners either. To me there is not excuse for rude behaior. So you did the right thing and put him in his place.
    The rude homophobes here take pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    Agreed with a lot of replies to OP, I do find it odd though that he would ask that at a gym, ESP since at least two or three of the guys at my gym at any given time are shaved for sports reasons.
    The intention to shame is clear.

Gone to live my life
    Nice come back.

Working in a very Alpha male environment (lots of gym rats), I find some guys do not know how to operate with a social filter. They see something that challenges their view of masculinity and feel obliged to point it out for the rest of the world. I think he may have been hoping to embarrass you and garner some "jock towel snapping support" from the other guys in the locker room. Obviously did not work for him . . . well done girl.

I only recently started waxing my body again but had done it in the past as I was an avid UFC fighter (removing your body hair gave less of a grip factor). So I have my comeback ready just in case "Actually, I am a UFC fighter care for a demonstration."

I know girls, might invoke an altercation but then again I am/was a UFC fighter and seriously doubt the guy would take me up on my offer.

Hugs

Isha

Mine are shaved 24/7/365. They are not very hairy to start with though.

As a cyclist, its a very common practice. Everyone is accustomed to them, I love the smooth feeling and when I crash out, the cleanup is much easier.

To date, I have not received any comments while in drab and I wear short shorts all summer. However, I do received a lot of comments when dressed.

Go figure.

Hugs, Robin

Even before I came out to myself as a crossdresser, I shaved my body from the neck down. I have always just preferred the feeling. I have been paranoid about being asked about it at the gym or in the locker room with my hockey team since I started. It has been over 10 years now and it has yet to come up. My prepared excuses have changed over the years from "I'm a swimmer (or cyclist)" to "Why yes. Are you planning to ask me out?" and even "Why are you checking me out in the shower?" I have yet to have to use any of them. Good for you for turning it around and in such a witty fashion. These days I find the majority of women and men I have been with prefer partners who shave. Based on that, it seems odd anyone would question it. I guess not everyone can be as enlightened as us.

Quote Originally Posted by robindee36 View Post
    Mine are shaved 24/7/365. They are not very hairy to start with though.

As a cyclist, its a very common practice. Everyone is accustomed to them, I love the smooth feeling and when I crash out, the cleanup is much easier.

To date, I have not received any comments while in drab and I wear short shorts all summer. However, I do received a lot of comments when dressed.

Go figure.

Hugs, Robin
    I bike and shave. It seems I only get comments from cyclists (all positive). No one else has ever said a word

Alexis "Lexie"
    Good comeback. I agree that it is important to take control of the situation when someone tries to embarrass you. Nice going on turning the whole interaction around and making him feel embarrassed. Some people just don't know when to mind their own business. Don't let this interaction discourage you from shaving. I've been shaving my legs, feet, upper arms, and a few other places every other day since April. I absolutely love the look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanine38 View Post
    I bike and shave. It seems I only get comments from cyclists (all positive). No one else has ever said a word
    Isn't great we can do this freely where so many of the other girls have limitations. I just can't imagine fuzzy legs. Don't you love how nice our legs look in nylons and a mini skirt

Hugs, Robin

As a triathlete, I have been shaving my whole body for quite awhile and have heard it all....it keeps me from having to peel hair out of wounds when I eat the concrete....fun.....besides..if you hang with cyclist...we all shave,lol...oh and wear cute Lycra outfits...yum!
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Your retort was spot on, I would continue as you are.
    If someone offends me,I just try and offend them back.
    As I said great come back.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was cutting my hedges about 2 weeks ago and someone said 'are you wearing womens knickers?' (my t-shirt must have lifted and my jeans lowered for them to see the top) but my answer was simply 'yep' lol. The world is a wonderful place with many different people trying many different things and any guy that says he has never worn something different than what is expected or done something in the bedroom that's unconventional is a bloody liar. His reply was simply 'ok' lol.
    I have been asked if I shave my legs before though, I simply said yes, on occasion or when I have shaved my nether region because it looks stupid if I don't.

I love your response. I wouldn't have been able to come up with something that good on the spot. Way to go. I may have to use it if I am ever challenged on my shaving. I keep my body trimmed down to no hair all year long. I have very blonde hair so I don't actually shave, I use a beard trimmer with no gate to get the hair trimmed, works great for my light colored hair. I wear shorts year round and when swimming it is obvious that I have no hair on my chest and stomach. Never have I had anyone challenge me on it though.

Sorry, Sweetie, but I think you outed yourself with your response. Not sure somebody who shaves strictly for swimming/cycling would go on the attack like that. Hugs, Michelle