Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone commented on my legs and not in a good way

Someone commented on my legs and not in a good way

So I am pretty much hairless, chest, arms, torso and legs. I went to the gym at an odd time for me today. I got out of the shower and was getting dressed when a guy behind me says in a louder than casual conversation voice, "are your legs shaved?"

I swim everyday, so its not like I don't have an excuse other than my little hobby, but I was taken off guard. I turned around and stated, "that's no one's business but, my own. What are you doing looking at men in the locker room? You should really find another place to try to pick up men." His jaw dropped, he stood there dumb founded for a second and then turned and walked away. The guy across from me just laughed and said good come back.

I hated accusing him of being gay, but I know guys like this and turning it back on them always messes with their head.

Anyways, I'm going back to my normal schedule to avoid any future issues.

My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?" Yours was pretty good, but possibly dangerous depending on the psyche of the guy who asked the question.

that's funny...bet he looks a the wall from now on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I think you put him in his place quite well.

Great Response
    DDee

Platinum Member
    I guess I would have said "Yup". And left it at that.

I've never been asked that.... probably because a bunch of the guys on my hockey team shave various parts of their body.... and no one really cares as long as you can put the puck in the net....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    good answer .... i would have gone a steep more but thats me .....

Mine are shaved 24/7/365. They are not very hairy to start with though.

As a cyclist, its a very common practice. Everyone is accustomed to them, I love the smooth feeling and when I crash out, the cleanup is much easier.

To date, I have not received any comments while in drab and I wear short shorts all summer. However, I do received a lot of comments when dressed.

Go figure.

Hugs, Robin

Even before I came out to myself as a crossdresser, I shaved my body from the neck down. I have always just preferred the feeling. I have been paranoid about being asked about it at the gym or in the locker room with my hockey team since I started. It has been over 10 years now and it has yet to come up. My prepared excuses have changed over the years from "I'm a swimmer (or cyclist)" to "Why yes. Are you planning to ask me out?" and even "Why are you checking me out in the shower?" I have yet to have to use any of them. Good for you for turning it around and in such a witty fashion. These days I find the majority of women and men I have been with prefer partners who shave. Based on that, it seems odd anyone would question it. I guess not everyone can be as enlightened as us.

Your retort was spot on, I would continue as you are.
    If someone offends me,I just try and offend them back.
    As I said great come back.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Excellent! I love it! Good for you girl.
    Stephanie

I was cutting my hedges about 2 weeks ago and someone said 'are you wearing womens knickers?' (my t-shirt must have lifted and my jeans lowered for them to see the top) but my answer was simply 'yep' lol. The world is a wonderful place with many different people trying many different things and any guy that says he has never worn something different than what is expected or done something in the bedroom that's unconventional is a bloody liar. His reply was simply 'ok' lol.
    I have been asked if I shave my legs before though, I simply said yes, on occasion or when I have shaved my nether region because it looks stupid if I don't.

I love your response. I wouldn't have been able to come up with something that good on the spot. Way to go. I may have to use it if I am ever challenged on my shaving. I keep my body trimmed down to no hair all year long. I have very blonde hair so I don't actually shave, I use a beard trimmer with no gate to get the hair trimmed, works great for my light colored hair. I wear shorts year round and when swimming it is obvious that I have no hair on my chest and stomach. Never have I had anyone challenge me on it though.

Sorry, Sweetie, but I think you outed yourself with your response. Not sure somebody who shaves strictly for swimming/cycling would go on the attack like that. Hugs, Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You put on the spot, good for you.

Banned Read only
    Could it simply be that he was clueless, despite his "louder than casual conversation voice"? You did say it was an unusual time for you. [And likely have never seen him before]

If he IS a homophobe, isn't it possible if not likely that he just might take out his anger on the next "different person" he encounters?

I have never been asked in over 12 years in at least 8 different stores, although I have had numerous compliments.

Because I am not a mind reader, IF I am ever uncertain of one's intentions, I think "Thank You for noticing" is a fairly innocuous answer. Then, it's in THEIR court if they wish to escalate.

That was a good come back.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Good for you. Great comeback!!

Ina
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    It doesn't really matter what his motivation for the comment was, it was still rude. A lot of people don't seem to have manners anymore, and are not teaching their children manners either. To me there is not excuse for rude behaior. So you did the right thing and put him in his place.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Agreed with a lot of replies to OP, I do find it odd though that he would ask that at a gym, ESP since at least two or three of the guys at my gym at any given time are shaved for sports reasons.

Good witty response. I wonder what i might answer . Maybe no answer? Or, "Are you the hair police?"

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?" Yours was pretty good, but possibly dangerous depending on the psyche of the guy who asked the question.
    Yes, that could be a concern. Some men cannot stand to be embarassed in front of other people. This might have escallated into a fight.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

A look of shock, followed by "Aren't yours?" might have been a good response.

I shave my legs, body, pubes and underarms,,, as far as i am concerned it is no ones business but mine,,