Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you if someone takes a photo or video of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    there are privacy law getting broken there. except if the government does it.
    Nope. If you are out in public, the privacy laws are out. Bottom line... If you decide to go out in public, ANYONE can your picture or video.
    Change is inevitable...

Banned Read only

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    . . . BUT if dressed as just a gal walking down the street NO i would not like it.
    there are privacy law getting broken there. except if the government does it.
    The courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy while in a public place.

The Constitution does not specifically mention a right to privacy; the 9th amendment is sometimes brought up as granting rights to privacy, but the 9th amendment basically prevents the Government from denying rights not enumerated in the Bill of Rights. It does not in and of itself bestow any additional rights. The three amendments that do address privacy rights are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, all specific in nature as to what privacy right they address.

Third – No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Fourth – The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fifth – No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    Babs

Tell them they forgot to tell you to say cheese.

One time I was at a CD event at a restaurant. Several of us tall girls had to stand and wait for a couple of minutes while a table was cleaned. I saw a teen boy at a nearby table with his I-phone and, sure enough, it came up into the "I'm taking a picture" position.

There's not much to be done about such situations. I just try to look as good as I can!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    incomplete question: and does what with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    The courts have ruled that you have no expectation of privacy while in a public place.

The Constitution does not specifically mention a right to privacy; ....................
    Even if it did, many people do things day in and day out that are illegal with the idea that it's not really illegal unless you get caught. Running stop signs and red lights, speeding, illegal drugs, minors with alcohol, just to name a few.

BTW: There were no cell phones or cameras when the Constitution was written. No audio recording dvices either. It's not something they would have thought of.
    Last edited by linda allen; 08-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You can always ask them to send you a copy of the pictures
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I approached the person concerned and explained the privacy laws in New Zealand. She deleted the picture from her camera.

What frequently happens with “rights” is that one person’s perceived personal rights infringe on someone else’s perceived personal rights, and both people are likely to be claiming rights that are nowhere defined. In some cases the courts have made rulings that set legal precedent, i.e. a person in a public place, with few exceptions, has no expectation of privacy. A person legally occupying public space, with few exceptions, can photograph anything they can see – if they can see it, it’s not private. In the same vain a police officer who stops your vehicle can’t search your vehicle without probable cause or a court ordered warrant, however if the officer can see something that is illegal and that something is in plain sight from outside the vehicle, the officer has probable cause.
    Babs

Banned Read only
    If I'm out in public or visible to someone standing legally outside my home, so be it. I'm not trying to hide myself, so I'm out for anyone to see. Now if someone was poking a camera through closed blinds or a peephole or something like that, I am likely going to respond in a negative way. In California, you can't be photographed or videotaped anywhere you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. When I am out in public, I must admit I like getting a little attention, so snap away! If you are doing something you don't want photographed or videotaped, don't make yourself available for that kind of thing.

Recognition in girl mode

Usually to most people we are unrecognizable in girl mode. Even if they read us matching our fem to male persona is unlikely. One of the fun, main activities at DLV is getting our pictures taken and posted on its web site (DLV allows us a veto though).
    Last edited by jacky83; 08-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.

When I have been approached by strangers to take a photo or catch someone doing it, I politely inform them that the licensing fee for my image is that I get a copy, and hand them one of my cards

Silver Member
    If you are in a public place your picture can be taken. However it can not be used for commercial purposes as in advertising. That is what got the publisher of Girls Gone Wild got nailed for. He had pictures of girls which he used to advertise his product.

sorry for the confusion, I forgot that US laws are different than Canadian. This is how it works in Canada. A shooter does not have copyright to any photos, it is only the one that commissions them ( which is crap, but anyhow) and the 3 or less rule is the rule for the pro photographers group and it has been found in the Canadian law books

As long as I am not doing anything illegal or embarrassing, I say go for it. Frankly, I'd be flattered.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky83 View Post
    Usually to most people we are unrecognizable in girl mode. Even if they read us matching our fem to male persona is unlikely.
    That's what I count on when I go out. It's why I wear my hair (wig) with bangs and why I change my glasses. And I don't walk around my own neighborhood dressed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I would smile my best and if I thought is was a good one, I would ask for a copy,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Probably just ask them for a copy....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Ask for a copy of it. My s/o is terrible with a camera.

Well I don't go out so I get to call the cops and have the photographer arrested for breaking and entering.
    But seriously I get a kick out of how the gay group "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" handle it. Someone shots "Photo OP!" and they all put on an outrages pose. Makes them fun to photograph and want to share the results with them.
    I go to the park after the pride parade, we all do, it's a great place as a photographer, because of how open to cameras they all are. If your really out, what's the objections, and if your not all that out, you knew there was a risk involved when you walked out your door. So just smile pretty!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I like doing pictures, I love dressing up and being the woman I am. As far as pictures go, I do love sharing with other women and while I have had some bad experiences, I still enjoy doing that.

The laws vary, but generally there are two parts to it...one, anyone can photograph anyone else as long as its not in a place where they expect privacy....change room, their home etc... two, publishing...this is what you need permission for unless its a news worthy event. And there are other laws that apply, slander, etc.. So, the short answer is, you should not publish anything that might do harm to anyone and if sending around an image of a CDer walking around walmart causes harm to that person they could sue you or press criminal charges.

The way I look at it, if I go out in public, nobody knows for sure who I am unless I tell them so my privacy is mostly protected. When you go out in public you also have to be prepared that someone might recognize you, but the chances of that are pretty low especially if you have put a lot of effort in to the transformation.
    Chickie

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I hit the clubbing scene almost every Friday night and invariably there is someone there with their iPhone at the ready snapping photos. I haven't had a problem with people taking my picture, some of them actually show me what they shot and ask permission to post it on FB... 90% of the time I don't mind and am flattered that they would want to

*hugs*
    Bethany
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

This post reminds me, I need to go on you tube and look for my self.