Thread: Burlesque any one?

Burlesque any one?

About a month ago I was invited by a GG friend that I sometimes see at a club that I sometimes go dancing to, she happens to be an amature Burlesque artist (I never would have guessed it) and she asked if I would like to see her routine (They all are so hot!). A week later I went and they had about 15 girls and each had their own routine, and it was so sexy and sensual. After the show (I was dressed) almost all the girls wanted their pic with me, I loved every minute. So, when I was leaving my friend told me, "You know you're cute and would make a great Burlesque girl. I was blusshing, and honored. Then she gave me a card for the Dallas School of Burlesque. I thought about it for a few days and I did it I signed up for Burlesque lessons and the school and staff have been sooooooo excepting and encouraging. I have taken 3 of 5 classes and my teacher told me that my routine is comming along realy good and sexy!. I am performing my routine to Copa Cabana by Barry Manallow, and I am having a blast doing this. Soooooo, Vegas here comes Gena...LOL!

My look is very French burlesque. I love the look and feel, especially the corsets. <3<3<3

Gena,
    Good that you did, when you get encouragement I always say go for it.
    I always do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Very cool. I bet you're learning a lot about proper female form and movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Very cool. I bet you're learning a lot about proper female form and movements.
    Lynn, you hit the nail on the head! The teacher a super cute curvy sexy woman has said in order to pull this off, you have to get in the head of a woman and be that sexy lady by walking, moving and dancing like one. The class has four of us me and 3 cute GGs, and they treat me like one of the girls, how cool is that!

Very cool indeed

That is awesome! Good for you. I am a huge burlesque fan. Please keep us updated.

I like sharing kind of naughty pix with other women, I think that as women, that is so woman like!

New England, somewhere on the fringe of genderland
    OMG Gena that is sooo cool ! What fun ! And very brave of you. You have got to post a video of your routine, please ?!?

Omg I love Burlesque. That's awesome. You have to keep us updated on your progress.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Just remember to lead with your womb and it will all work naturally!

Wow, that's exciting. I would be totally standing in line if there were a place near here that offered lessons. Unfortunately, I think I'd have to go to Chicago or Indianapolis (each 2+ hours away) to have a chance of finding a class.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Please schedule a Vegas show during the DLV next year, Gena. I promise all of us girls will pack the flace and cheer u on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks girls for the compliments and great coments. Some one asked me if I wanted to be a Drag Queen and my anwser was no I do not. When I saw the Burlesque show I wanted to be just like the girls (I do not want to become a woman by the way), but want to perform as one of the girls. The difference between a drag act and the burlesque is that drag is usualy by gay men and burlesque is by GGs (and most are so hot!). My final lesson this week will include a video tapping of that performance and I would like to get in with one of the several Burlesque groups in the area! Again thanks Gena!

Arrow Re: Burlesque any one?

About every three months there is a live Burlesque show at a local renovated neighborhood movie theater. Put on by Toil & Trouble Productions. The theater is in St Paul, Minnesota called Mounds Theater: http://www.moundstheatre.org/ There were Burlesque shows there this past Friday August 23, 2013 and last night August 24, 2013. Diamond Stiletto on Friday night, Golden Garter, and Crystal Corset showcase last night. I was not able to go to either one. I have been to about four shows over the past year. There are also male Burlesque performers in most of the productions. There is a Burlesque school in Minneapolis, MN that one of the performers of Toil & Trouble Productions has. I am not able to go to lessons due to a heart condition. The production company encourages audience participation during the shows by clapping, whistling and 'hooting' as the performers remove their clothes.

I'd love to do burlesque. I think I could pull off the BBW burlesque chick decently. I might still look like a man in a dress, though, but I don't care.

Truthfully, if I could pull off being a trans stripper, I'd totally do it. Not necessarily for a living, but that should be in my "What's worth doing ONCE" thread.

Wonderful Gena, I'm sure that you will be a smash. Btw you are soooooooooooo lovely.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

From what I understand, it is a very popular activity. I have seen some shows in my area by woman but they were amateurish... I like burlesque when its classy and keeps a lot to the imagination. If you can get a good corset, look the part and dance well, then I can't see why you could not do it. By the way, you don't have to be gay to do drag and I would guess most woman performing burlesque would get a kick out of having a CDer join them as long as you were respectful. ...and if it doesn't work out, great Halloween costume too!
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    From what I understand, it is a very popular activity. I have seen some shows in my area by woman but they were amateurish... I like burlesque when its classy and keeps a lot to the imagination. If you can get a good corset, look the part and dance well, then I can't see why you could not do it. By the way, you don't have to be gay to do drag and I would guess most woman performing burlesque would get a kick out of having a CDer join them as long as you were respectful. ...and if it doesn't work out, great Halloween costume too!
    Chickhe, I did not say all drag queens are gay, I said most! Check out Reu Pauls Drag Race all are gay, but am sure there are a few that ar not!