Thread: A bit of mixed bag of emotions

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere

A bit of mixed bag of emotions

I have wanted for some time now to go have a makeover done. There have been reasons why I haven't among them the fact that I don't think even with a makeover I would be very passable. I don't want to look beautiful, I would settle for sort of cute.

A couple of weeks ago I decided if I could manage to set aside around $500 I would take myself up to Denver and just go for it. Stay a couple of days, get a makeover, and maybe go out somewhere dressed just to experience just once. The yesterday someone who owned me some money I didn't think I would ever get came to me and gave me $200. I was elated, not because they paid me after all this time but that here was a windfall I could set back in the sock and use it for my Denver trip.

This morning, partly due to a couple of other posts I was reading, I go to thinking what was the point. At my age and with my face would it make that big a differnce anyway. Or maybe I just dont' the courage to be who I really want to be?

Not really asking any questions or advice just venting I guess because I have no other place to do it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    A makeover will show you what's possible with your look. Getting out with a friend or two will help with your courage and is just so much fun.

I agree with Lynn Marie. If you don't give it a shot, you may never know. You could also be pleasantly surprised my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Keep the two hundred bucks and consider your options wisely.
    You do not necessarily have to get a makeover.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    Not really asking any questions or advice just venting I guess because I have no other place to do it.
    Go for it Girlfriend, what's life if you don't live it on the edge. If I was closer too you, I'd go with you and help you out.

It's obviously something that you have considered for a while... Just don't do the 'what if'. Every girl likes to be pampered once in a while ;-)
    If you are far from home, what's the worst that can happen?

D xxx

Platinum Member
    I have to be honest, my most recent 'makeover' was a disappointment. I went in looking for and asking for something different from what that that stylist had to offer. it was a lesson learned. but please
    don't let my recent experience influence you. Just look for a makeover experience that suits your tastes and goals. You will get some good tips and may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

I've had a couple makeovers, and all were excellent experiences. Please don't let it pass by, I think you'll love it.
    Stephanie

I've done makeovers 6 times now and had a great time every time, but I only pay $125 for a 3 hour makeover, pictures and everything included. Where were you thinking of getting the makeover?
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Thank you all for responding. I'm feeling better about things today. Had to go out of town to get some things yesterday and had a chance to take a step back and think.

I'm not rushing ahead with the makeover, that wasn't a possibility until after the first of the year anyway but I am going to try to get the money put back anyway. If I decide I can't do the makeover I will have that for shoes.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Sarah, why not pm a few of the girls in Denver? Find out where would be some of the better places to go for a makeover, places to go out to, places to stay.

Or some of you Denver girls could offer some help. And take her to the Black Crown!

Let's get a sister out and about the city!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Sarah Beth!

Our beauty radiates from within us. When people see us, they see our inner self showing through our outward physical characteristics. I've been to CD/TG events with girls who are stunningly beautiful, and those who are not. It doesn't matter which category we are in. We dress and go out and try to be the best woman we can be. For the record, I consider myself in the latter category - not stunning. I'm happy with who I am. Most of the time I FEEL passable, but I know that anyone who really gives me the once over is likely to figure it out, or at least suspect. After sixty years, I've just decided I don't care if those who look like what they see or not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is go for the makeover. Go to a place that other CD/TS girls recommend. Collectively, we can all pretty much guarantee that you'll be amazed and pleased with the results. Don't deny this to yourself. You'll never know how far you can reach if you don't try.

Well all expect to see the photos posted here. You'll find affirmation, encouragement, and support here.

Best regards,
    Rhonda

Banned Read only
    What you need is someone to go out with. It makes a world of difference.

I had my original makeover done at a Merle Norman boutique about 15 years ago. The makeover was free and the owner was happy to do it. I did buy about $150 of the recommended cosmetics. but it was worth it. My great experience was a far cry from the $500 you are budgeting. Look around. You can get a much better deal.

Jodi

Sara Beth PM me I can set you towards a few makeover places depending on what you are looking for. And everyone should have at least one just to get the idea of how it is done.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Friend, with all the need and suffering in this country nowday, i think you are wise, and , maybe could use the money to help a foodbank, pet shelter, or someone in survival need. Things are going to get a whole lot tougher soon. Maybe save a little of it. You can experiment , with makeup, and other things to make yourself look more ladylike, too. Good decision!

Have the makeover. I have had several and enjoyed each one. If you don't like it, don't have another one. I would recommend that you try a place that specializes in TG makeovers so that you can get the entire experience.