Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for "mature" members...

Question for "mature" members...

I have a question for crossdressers here that are over, say 35 (arbitrary cutoff!):

I'm 41 years old. I used to think, back probably in my late-teens, early-20s, that there's absolutely no way I'd still be wearing women's clothes this far into middle age. I guess I always figured:
    a) I'd be married, with kids, and have to stop, or
    b) just be too damn old and not convincing (at least not as much as I perceived I could've been when I was younger).

However, here I am married with children and 41, and the desire to dress, if anything, has only increased in the last 6 or 7 years. I'm not sure if I look any better or worse then I did back then, but I also never had the benefit of makeup or wigs, and I think adopting those two items into my crossdressing has been part of my deepening interest. The more feminine I appear to myself in the mirror, the more fun it is.

What about you more "Mature" girls? Does it ever stop? Did you feel the same way when you were younger? Is anyone else still find themselves somewhat surprised that this is still something you do?

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Like many, I thought my desire to dress would vanish with age, marriage and children. But of course, it didn't. I actually didn't fully dress -- with makeup, wig and the works -- until after I had been married for 10 years, at age 38 (I'm coming up on 41 now myself).

68 now and no less tendency to want to dress. Hmmmm. Maybe when I become more mature.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

IMO "better or worse" might be a poor choice of words.......
    Better as in Sexier, or better as in more passable?
    As 'we' age the sexy firm body tends to get less and more.......
    If passing is the only concern, might be easier, as most people will be looking at the hot young chicks.
    If looking Hot is the aim, that could draw too much attention as we age.......
    I'd guess most of those that CD as they age take on a added attitude that at this point in life I want to do what I want to do and let the world worry about it. Not a major concern for me?
    It doesn't stop as long as you are enjoying it!

Still dressing after all these years

Honey, I started dressing when I was 12. I'm now 66. Throughout the years I put it away for a while, but I always returned. After a while I understood it was a part of who I am. I'll probably die in a dress...lol. I wonder if I'll be buried that way? Reminder to self: pick out burial dress when one goes on sale!

I can't say I feel any stronger about dressing then I did forty years ago! But I don't care about what others think about me any more! That why I dress full time now!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    Well, im definitely not a "mature" member, since I am 22. But this thread is a good way to make me see that I will probably never stop dressing
    Just another brazilian girl.

Arianna,
    Don't be surprised if it doesn't just go on and on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm 61 now, maybe over a half-century of cross-dressing. If anything, the desire is now stronger.

Michaella

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaella View Post
    I'm 61 now, maybe over a half-century of cross-dressing. If anything, the desire is now stronger.

Michaella
    I agree with Michaella, I'm 63 and I'm dressing more than ever......I.m going to retire I a bit less than two years,and my Wife says I can go full time if I want. She loves my CDing more than I do.

Danielle

I started dressing when I was a kid and I too thought that this need would diminish with age. It HAS of course only got stronger as the years go by. The good thing is that now, I don't beat myself up about it... I have accepted that it's just the way I'm wired

D x

Silver Member
    I'm 36, but I had the benefit of others' experiences since I was young, and have always known odds are I will never stop dressing (and transvestism is usually forever.)

I'm 46 (and would never have considered myself "mature" ) and my desire to crossdress has never gone away. In fact, it's come on much stronger recently.

I am 60 and have been dressing for over 50 years. the desire has not waned. I now find that I am beginning to care less about being discovered.

Aspiring Member
    65, still going, still enjoying.
    It even increased up at age 59 when I finally came out to my wife.
    I see no need to stop something that gives me this much pleasure and peace.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I'm 60 and I think the desire is stronger now than when I was younger. That may be because I have more time for it now.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I started a couple of years ago. 42 and single and lovin every minute of it.

Soon to be 56 years old. Been doing this for almost 50 years.

Like many of the others I always thought it would just go away. It didn't.

Finally told my wife 16 years ago, best decision I ever made, and she was cool with it.

Now our kids are grown and have moved out so more opportunity. They don't know, but I'm sure they suspect. My closet has both male and female shoes, wigs, and clothes. My girls are pretty smart and love their dad no matter what.

Now I have a greater disposable income, so now I can afford more and nicer clothes and make up.

When done right I look like a 40 something lady.

I love my life.
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 08-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.

I guess that if you told me at 20 that I would have a lot of gurl firends, would be going out in public, and be dressing completely with forms, wig and makeup, I wouldn't have believed you.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

The desire to be feminine has only increased with age.
    The need to wear a bra is as strong today, as it was when I was a teenager . In fact it's stronger.
    Good thing my wife is accepting.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I started at 10 now at 70 I still dress and seem to enjoy it more.

Now at age 65 and retired, I still dress as often as possible. I still enjoy it.

I started late in life at the age of 39 and been dressing for 8 yrs now .
    At times wishing I had started earlier in life but never had interest in dressing to one day.
    Now my days off are spend outside dressed enjoying life with my girl everyday.
    Hugs
    Renee

now 52 been dressing since my childhood, more accepting of this part of who i am it isjust part of what makes who iam, but now i can shop for my outfits and love that. today iwill go shopping for new satin nightgowns,just love satin

For me it hasn't stopped. Married 30 years and raised four children. The desire to dress is still strong. My fashion style has change though, and it has become more relaxed and less stressfull. My wife accepts it better and that has made it easier. When I find the time I really enjoy it.