Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Question for "mature" members...

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    59 in a couple of weeks and been dressing since I was 8 years old....it never went away but if anything the urge got stronger the older I get....someone said earlier its cos they care less what others think....yeah might be!!

It seems a lot of people have had the same experience as me. First dressed at 12, did so on and off through life, always in private and usually only undergarments. Bought my first wig and outer clothes at age 38. Went out for the first time in January this year at age 55, and it's grown stronger from there.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

I'm 56 and I have been dressing since I was 11 or 12. I don't see me stopping anytime soon. It is a part of me and probably always be a part of me. I enjoy it too much to quit dressing. I like dressing every night if I can.

I started dressing when I was around 6 yrs old. I am 47 now, and I intend to continue dressing well into my 60 or 70's if my body hold out.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Like most of the girls have said my desire to dress has become stronger as I age!!!

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I have been dressing since I was eight or nine. Now, being 63, I have more time, money and opportunity than before. It helps to have an understanding wife. Her best comment to me, "I admire your effort to get dressed up and look nice".

I am looking forward to total retirement.

I don't think it got stronger. I just had this unhappy feeling inside all the time. The only time it went away was when I would dress. Then I just said "this is my life" and came out to my wife. Now even if I am dressed as a man (which is much more of an act than reality) I can handle it. I know when I get home I can be me!
    For me it was excepting the fact that I am a woman. I fought hard not to be, but she was much stronger he was. She won!

my urge to dress got stronger as i aged,then makeup came along and now i fully understand why i crossdresser.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I'm 50+..take it from me , it never stops!

When you wrote "mature" I was thinking something in the 60 range, which I am too. For me, it has been new. I first discovered the enjoyment after doing some theater that involved cross dressing.

It took a lot of time to put together the fact that I can't pass as a woman without a lot of thinking and practice. At this point passing is not really important. I just like the feel.

It doesn't go away...not for me. Not today.

67 and still doing it.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I agree, the desire increases as we mature, I just turned 42 and I wish I could dress 24/7. My theory has to do with men's testosterone decreasing as we get older and all those repressed feelings we had growing up just surface with full force. What kind of sucks is that at our age masculine features are more noticeable than when we where younger and our body shapes are also more masculine. The positive aspect is, mentally we are mature enough that we tend to begin to accept ourselves for who we really are...kind of.

59 and still have a strong desire to dress. I am not sure how I will feel about dressing when I get mature.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

At 71 I prefer to do a little creative accounting with the numbers and come up with .....Sweet Seventeen! Next year, all being well, I'll be 27.

Crossdressing for me has long been the camouflage game, the only way I can arrange for myself to look about 25 years younger. I love the look and the turn-on still.

M.

I'm in my 40's, dressing since I was 5, and haven't found a substitute for it yet. I have noticed that my retired girlfriends have more time and opportunity to dress, so they do it more often.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

77 y.o., and more obsessed now then at any other time in my life.

I draw your attention to my post #8.
    Well this thread is doing the same, a great discussion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

At age 59 I've pretty much figured out that someday I'll just be some old broad on the bus. I don't see it ever going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy3 View Post
    Like most of the girls have said my desire to dress has become stronger as I age!!!
    couldn't agree with you more!

I dont like to discuss my age but you can look at my profile! The desire to to dress does not get less with age, although now the opportunity to do so has got a lot less. However the rest of life is good so won't complain
    Siobhan

I never knew where this was going...I still don't know absolutely for sure. In my early years there was a lot of confusion and guilt over the issue. Over the years my urge to dress has not diminished. I have managed to suppress it when I deemed it necessary, but it has never truly gone away. If anything my urge to dress has increased with age, but I think my personal acceptance of who I am has had a large impact. This is me, I have learned to love myself through accepting this as an integral part of who I truly am.

It would surprise the young me that I still do this, the mature me knows that this is who I have always been.

I've dressed since 8 or 9, almost 55 now and the desire hasn't decreased one bit...if anything it has increased.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    I didn't think I would be CDing at this age 56. But with time as I aged. The desire has only intensified. I know in my fifties, the changes to my body , less chiseled. Maybe leaning toward a slightly softer body. My gynecomastia which I viewed once as a curse. I know view as a blessing, that I so enjoy. Possibly a chance to be passable. One can only hope . Hormone levels decreasing over time, tend to take that male edge down a few notches. Which is nice, makes accepting myself easier. I now like and cherish the feminine side that is maturing as I do. hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

LMFAO when I read yours thanks for the morning smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    59 and still have a strong desire to dress. I am not sure how I will feel about dressing when I get mature.

I'm 43 now and have dressed since the day I was born...I was brought out of the delivery room in a pink blanket!