Thread: What Else Can Go Wrong?

What Else Can Go Wrong?

I was just putting my truck in gear to head out of state, when the phone rang. I was waiting for the full results of Friday's stress test, as well as waiting to hear about my psych appointment.

It was the Heart Center, letting me know that the Dr. found "significant changes" from last year's ST. So, I'm having an angiogram in the morning. If necessary, he'll put in more stents. Oh, yes, I already have seven. On top of six bypasses.

I've been told by a couple cardiologists the I shouldn't transition. So far, this one has been "guardedly" approving. I really hope this isn't the event that becomes the dealbreaker. I've waited so long to get this far, I'll need a shrink if this journey has to end here. I'm standing on the platform, watching that wonderful train pull into the station. Soon it'll come to a stop at this very platform. I'm so eager to climb aboard, to claim a seat on the transition train. But will my ticket be snatched from my trembling hand? Will I be denied that ride? "Please depart from the platform, now, Sir! You, in fact must leave the station. Thank you, Sir!"

I'm sitting here, with tears flowing down my cheeks, my stomach aches, as I wonder what is going to happen with my transition. In a day or two, I'll have the answer to that. And I'll share it, whatever it may be.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Leah.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hope things work out for you Leah. Best of luck with it.

I hope all goes well Leah. My thoughts are with you.
    Sara

Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. I'm hoping everything goes well, not really worried about the angiogram, I've had a few, okay, somewhere around six?

Hugs,
    Leah

My thoughts are with you as well, It sounds like you have enough health issues.
    The stress of this can't be helping.

I wish you the best.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    I hope the news will be positive regarding the ST changes. As for transitioning, I hope you'll follow your cardiologist's advice. But don't lose heart...umm poor choice of words... consider what you can do to change your life even if HRT isn't in the cards. (Sounds like you've had plenty of surgeries already!)

My thoughts go out to you.

-stephani

Kinle93 has, IMO, the best idea for you to prepare your mindset to accept the worst news, then if you are permitted to proceed so much the better. I'm sure that you really wanted to go the full route, but if it isn't in the cards, so be it. Our destinies are only partially in our hands to determine --- fate, destiny, the Will of God --- whichever applies to you personally to enjoy the rest of your life ---- more in that vein: the way the ball bounces, how the dice roll --- not for us to control and that's the way life is --- make the most of the cards dealt.
    Enough time worn cliches but you get the idea.
    Julie

Gold Member
    Even if you cannot get HRT, SRS and whatever else you are wanting, you can still live as a woman. I know that sounds about as lame as someone telling most TS, "Can't you just dress at home?"

Thing is, if you really NEED these things to be happy, suppose you go thru with transition...
    It could shorten your life span but at least your quality of life for those last years will be better.
    Seems to me that it is time for some serious soul searching.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I am pulling for you. Hope for the best and whatever that you can find peace in any situation.

Aspiring Member
    Also thinking of you, hoping for good news. *hugs*

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I'm thinking of a quote from Benjamin Franklin. I will paraphrase, as I don't remember the exact words, I am a pessimist. If I expect the worst, and it doesn't happen, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but must consider the worst case scenario.

Hugs,
    Leah

Silver Member
    Thoughts and prayers to you to

See what they say , what happens, then you can plan from ther

Untitled
    Leah

I have always taken the worst case scenario in each step of my transition. It has prepared me to accept that some things must be, but if the outcome is better, it is a bonus. You need to consider what you can do to get the best out of what may be a bad situation.

Your primary concern must be your general health, without that then any form of transition is mute. You may find that if, because of your health issues, certain aspects of transition are not available to you, alternatives may be available.

Thoughts are with you
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Leah, I wish the best for you, but please be carefull and take your cardiologist's advice. Not transitioning has to be better than being dead. And as others have pointed out, you can still live as a woman without it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

It's one thing to make a conscious decision not to transition and live with the result but yet an entirely different thing when you are ready to rock'n'roll and to have to deal with the specter of your plan being taken from you. I really feel for you and echo the advice given elsewhere that when life deals lemons, make lemonade. It sure beats the alternative.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I pray that they find a way to allow transition with your existing health conditions. It seems like shallow solace that generations of trans girls before us lived as women without HRT.
    Don't make plan B, before every chance for plan A's success has been exhausted. Best of luck.

Silver Member
    I hope things go down the happy path. Having badly failed a ST at one point, to be scheduled for a cardiac catheterization ASAP - only to subsequently hear that I had the arteries of a 20 year-old, it DOES happen.

Best of luck.
    Lea

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    Leia I wish you the best. I am 73 have had 5 heart attacks two open heart surgery for by pass. I went to the cardiologist's on June 21 and was told everything was very good, June 23 I had another heart attack. Was taken to the hospital I was dressed and had my nails and toes painted bright Red. Many in the hospital joked with me about my nails but there was nothing I could do.
    They put in a pace maker, it is hard at this time to wear a bra, the strap ride across the pace maker. But I will dress again as soon as I can
    I have lived full time as Kimberly for the past 5 years and even being old I enjoy every day of my life.
    Hang in there life will get better.
    Love Kimberly

I'm home. Dr. put in four more stents (11 total). A couple of the earlier stents were 100% blocked with scar tissue. He said that wasn't my fault; my cholesterol looked great.

As for starting HRT, he wants to discuss the drugs and dosages with the endocrinologist before giving his opinion. Very encouraging wording.

In the darkness, I can see a glimmer of hope. Ladies, thank you so much for the encouragement and well wishes and prayers. Because of you, I do have hope.

Thank you all,so much.

Hugs,
    Leah

I am glad to hear you are home and that your Dr didn't just say no.

Hope the glimmer of hope turns into a blinding light
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Murphy's law, what ever can go wrong will!

In spite of this, somehow, it always works out in the end.