Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A SAD day

A SAD day

To everyone I have met, thanks for the good times. I have a wonderful wife, that bought my outfits, and helped me with makeup for 15 years, along with other things. We we're supposed to let each other know when things changed or we were looking at someone. I am completely hetero. I found out the other day she has been fooling around with someone for some time, just short of having sex. She said she didn't see me the same way because of the dressing even though she helped me, and we could save our 23 year marriage if am willing to quit. I opted to save my marriage. Be careful, and be ready for what might happen. From our talks, I thought everything was great. She bought me beautiful outfits, shoes and accessories, but it was eating at her the whole time. Good luck to all!!

Carrie
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-27-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry, Carrie. But, saying you've saved your marriage? U mite add, "For now". Been married and divorced. Communication breakdowns r a major cause of split ups. Sounds like u need A LOT of work on u and your SO's to permanently solve your issues.

Excuse my if I don't think u "quitting" is a long term solution!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hope your marriage ends up working for both of you - but, be very careful of ultimatums and their future demands.

Good luck to you and yout wife!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I probably would be more blunt than Sherry; however you are now so far off the track with so little knowledge of what would be needed to
    save your own future that, at this point in time, you will have to find out for yourself. Your wife's future is, obviously, already preordained.
    When the inevitable time comes please come back to visit --- we will all understand.
    Julie

I hope that you can quit if that is what you really want, I hope that your wife can also quit her extra activities as well. Which one will be the harder to do?

Platinum Member
    Hi Carrie, I wish you the best of luck although I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well for you.

before you purge everything put it in storage and if it works out then purge it.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-27-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Carrie;

I definitely wish you the best, an hope you and your wife find your way through this. 15 years of acceptance and NOW because you found her cheating she has an issue ? I wonder about the "she has been fooling around with someone for some time" . I have my concerns that she would be able to just stop fooling around. I find it highly convenient that you stopping dressing is the root cause and issue. Marriage counseling is a better way to go. If you think about it , she got caught with her hand in the proverbial cookie jar. Yes a lot of marriages end because of being TG, without knowing more of your background it's hard to say what caused this. Talk tal talk, before making any promises you cannot keep.
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 08-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    There is NO excuse for cheating.

If you want to have sexual experiences with other people, you must tell your partner. If the crossdressing would make her cheat, she should have told you. I would never accept this from my girlfriend.
    Just another brazilian girl.

Carrie,

Do what you feel is best for you. We will all be here to support your decision and will still be here for the years to come. No judgmen , tonnes of support. Good luck.

I hope you weather this tough moment and that you can figure out a way to better understand her issues with you, one of which is your "T" side. Maybe there are others too? Communication takes work and it appears that some extra work is needed now by both of you. Good luck.
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-27-2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Item referenced to has been removed

Are you sure you weren't just eating a lot of fried foods and grew the 'moobs the old fashioned way?
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-27-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Item referenced to has been removed
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Im having a hard time sitting back biting my lip on this one. Ive been in your spot. Not my wife but a special gf. Please be careful, ok.
    Erica

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natalialimapoa View Post
    There is NO excuse for cheating.

If you want to have sexual experiences with other people, you must tell your partner. If the crossdressing would make her cheat, she should have told you. I would never accept this from my girlfriend.
    I agree. This is troubling. Good luck

I really hope it works out for you, I had a similar experience with my now ex wife. I did what she wanted and jumped through hoops so we could stay together but it changed me and I felt unhappy (she didn't know about my cross dressing it was other things) but I wanted it to work so I carried on, 3 years later she ran off with someone else leaving me with our 2 children. I am not saying that will happen and I really hope you manage to get back to the way things were but remember that should the sh!t hit the fan you obviously have a lot of friends here that you can come and talk to.

Good luck and all the best x

It sounds like you were as forthcoming as you could be, and she is the one that lied to you, violated your trust, and cheated.

I cheated once very heavily, and it destroyed my relationship when it came out and it is something I will regret for the rest of my life. I don't think that ex will ever forget or forgive me.

You must really love your wife if you are letting this slide, so to speak, and acquiescing to HER demands. To me, it seems like the wife is getting off very lightly for not being the faithful and communicative person one should be in a marriage. I hope this event will be a catalyst to bring some badly needed balance back to the relationship, and one where you don't have to shut down part of yourself for her sake.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She is feeding you a line of BS IMO.
    Saying that because you CD? She is trying to justify her cheating by telling you that.
    I would tell her OK I'll quit but you need to get out and go live with your BF.
    Stuff like that really steams me.How can you guys put up with a woman like that?
    FYI You cheat on me and you are out the door hunny. Grrrr.

Carrie, I'm going to be rather harsh here and suggest that you are both responsible for the current state of affairs.

Your wife is absolutely in the wrong for having developed an emotional attachment to another person. She is also in the wrong for not having told you that her esteem for you as a man was dwindling, the more you crossdressed. And her worst mistake is to have given you her birth control pills. Your health might be compromised.

But ...

... you've been married for 23 years, and after all this time, did you not notice that she was inching away? Or, were you so thrilled about getting all the girlie presents and wrapped up in your moobs that you didn't notice?

You need to get your feet planted to the ground again, and have a serious talk with your wife, to establish boundaries that are acceptable to both of you. You'll need to figure out what the CDing means to you, what benefit do you derive from it, and where you see it going, so that you can communicate all of this to your wife. She will need to figure out why she was not honest with you, and what exactly does she object to or does she fear. You will need to listen to her and give her her man back if this is what she needs. This does not mean that you cannot crossdress. This will take A LOT of education about the CDing on BOTH your parts (for example, the difference between breast growth and weight gain). It will also take a lot of time to accomplish all this.

Do not make the mistake of promising things that you will not be able to uphold. This will be disastrous down the road. At the same time, do not make the mistake of getting lost in the Pink Fog.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Reine

Carrie, I am going to go out on a limb and applaud you for your decision.
    Blame will not help.
    Both you and your wife need to commit to each other, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health etc.
    It will be worth it!
    I wish both of you well and see only good coming from all this.
    Give each other lots hugs and don't spare on the affection.

Just keep dressing,growing boobs,and whatever. Let her seek love and sex elsewhere. Don't waste your money on "marriage therapy". A couple of years from now,you will be in the same place as if you had caved into her "wishes"... She is a" hoopster",and it will never work out for you in the long run...Maybe her "friend" will be willing to take her in...But it rarely works out that way. I am being truthful in this post...what is she going to do for you that is going to make you as happy as you want for yourself to be and vice versa?
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Hi Carrie, I am very sorry to hear this. A lot of the girls have already given you good advice. I think you were doing the right thing, being honest and open. Your wife was not. I hope for the very best for you. Bur remember, it is up to YOU to make YOU happy. Good luck, Steph.
    Stephanie

If she can't love you as you are what makes you think she'll stop seeing this other guy? Please don't sacrifice anything that's part of you, as suppressing this may do serious damage. And while you may love her she may just have fallen out of love with you and is using cross-dressing as an excuse. Please keep a logical brain and don't sacrifice yourself

I'm sorry to hear this. But it's better to know, I suppose, despite the hurt.

Your post is suggestive that 'crossdressing is responsible' is a cover story. Since she's been doing it "for some time" means she chose to "fool around" over a prolonged period of time. She's had time to think about it, and decide whether fooling around was right for her.

Suppose you didn't crossdress, and your wife was in the same situation with the same person. Do you believe her response have been different?

I've encountered ultimatums along the lines 'give up X or I'll leave' in past relationships. I'd give up X, and they'd leave anyway (resulting in a double blow for me); they really just wanted an excuse to end the relationship. After 15 years, she probably knows crossdressing is an inherent part of you; are you being set up to fail so she can later blame the crossdressing? Watch out for this.

- Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

Carrie,
    I hope you are able to both work on your marriage.
    Your wife seems to need a lot of coaxing though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm suspicious, she never said a word until she got caught, and remember she got caught, you where out in the open.
    Real reason, or cover excuse, you decide!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by c_carrie View Post
    I found out the other day she has been fooling around with someone for some time, just short of having sex.
    I'm curious. What does "just short of having sex" mean. Is it Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman" version, or has she found herself drawn to someone else, but has not gone there physically out of loyalty to your marriage?
    Reine