Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to ogle women for totally different reasons now...

I'm starting to ogle women for totally different reasons now...

I'm sure this is a crossdresser cliche but experiencing it now for myself I feel compelled to share. As I have gotten more conscious about fashion, makeup, and how it all comes together, I've found I've been checking out women in a different way. I've done my share of locking my eyes onto some shapely figures, doing my best not to stare. But now it's less of, "check out those sexy legs and tight butt!" and more like "how does she get into those jeans?!" and "where can I get a top like that?"

I also am sneaking many more surreptitious glances at women's faces as I check their makeup. And now I watch woman in heels walk more like a scientist would than a red-blooded male.

My girlfriend knows I CD and I really have to rein it in when I go out with her, not because she is jealous of my wandering eyes, but because I get distracted getting inspirations for my next purchase! She is my confidante and I have to balance my enthusiasm so as not to dominate the conversation with CD talk. But it is SO nice to be able to share a moment here and there and she would say, "I think that would look great on Victoria". The key for me is to not take her support for granted.

So, basically my ogling frequency has not not changed, but now it's almost always with a totally different basis. Of course I still appreciate a fine female figure, but with each fleeting glimpse of female beauty I get, I'm making the decision to analyze rather than drool. This aspect really makes me feel more in touch with my feminine side and more "sisterly".

How has your view of women changed since you started dressing?

I find myself now ogling for fashion tips or to critique.

You're not alone in that respect Victoria, I was at the grocery store check out the other day and a fashion magazine jumped out at me, I bought it and have learned a lot. I also check the girls out when I'm out and about for what their wearing instead of what I'd like to do, imagine that.....
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Seriously... I really cant remember what my view of women was..... before I was 7..... let alone how it changed....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I've always noticed legs and shoes; now I take note of outfits and especially makeup.

I get a lot more girl smile greetings (even when I'm in my usual male mode) than I ever did before I accepted my crossdressing as part of me. I think it's because I look them right in the eyes not, um, lower. However, it could be because I'm older now and not seen as either a threat or a lover.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I appreciate nice looking ladies as always. However, I do mentally critique many more for their fashion choices regardless of their atractiveness.

Lately I have been looking at more how they dress and how they present themselves. I still ogle the very pretty girls. Most of the time it's been looking at the clothes and critiquing the ones that wear things they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    I do mentally critique many more for their fashion choices regardless of their atractiveness.
    I noticed one girl today, she had way too much blush on. I wanted to pull her aside and say "girlfriend, tone it down, you're looking sunburned!"
    Everyone's a critic, amiright?!

Victoria,
    I am looking at other ladies to see what they are wearing (colors, patterns, styles..), their make-up & their hairstyles. It's more for how did they do that than for critiquing them. I guess I don't feel like I know enough yet to actually tell a gg that she's doing it wrong. hugs, Connie Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Connie.Marie View Post
    Victoria, I guess I don't feel like I know enough yet to actually tell a gg that she's doing it wrong.
    Oh I'll *think* it especially after a nightlong youtube binge of watching makeup tutorials. But the day I critique a GG's makeup out loud to her is the day I'm standing next to her in flawless makeup and an impeccable wardrobe (translation: not any time soon!)

Hi Victoria. I am definitely hyper aware of women's fashions since coming fully to grips with my CD identity. I see so many women that could look so good, but they don't bother to try. By now "office casual" for the gals in my office is the same pair of "comfy" 1" or 2" sandals, never any sheer hose (not even in Winter--maybe opaque tights and boots once in a blue moon). As a guy, at least I make an effort--sharply creased trousers, starched & pressed shirts with French cuffs, etc. I sometimes think it is pure laziness...I could just as easily come in dressed in wrinkled Dockers and a denim shirt.

When I entered the working world in 1989, things were different! Women dressed liked women to the office. What happened?

Now you only see this abroad (especially Latin America)...though Europe and Asia have pockets of hose-wearing professional women too. Maybe that's why I love traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Davison View Post
    I noticed one girl today, she had way too much blush on. I wanted to pull her aside and say "girlfriend, tone it down, you're looking sunburned!"
    Everyone's a critic, amiright?!
    LOL, ive had this exact same thought so many times! But to answer ur posted question, yes, dressing has made me view women much more intensely; ie. i guess to the point that i try to infer what mood they are in, or personality they have based on how they are dressed, and if it flatters their figure, etc.... but also, i always wonder where i can buy the cute outfits they have on!
    Melanie Iglesias is my Spirit Animal

I used to ogle and drool at those female features that ALL males do, but now I take in the WHOLE picture. I now look at women like you do fine art...every last detail, and I have to admit, it is a constant learning curve.

Totally not alone in that. Not that I neeeeeeded any other reason to look, but now I do. Eyebrows are the worst for me. I have these tarantulas growing on my forehead that are a nightmare to rein in! As for fashion the wife and I often look at outfits and remark who they would look good on.

I love looking at women - all women. But I do pay special attention to various combinations of skirt/blouse outfits. Lately, I have started paying more attention to jewelry. So many choices- so little time.
    Stephanie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Seeing the overall picture of a well dressed woman rather than just her sensuality is a pretty common trait among all of us with a feminine side. Learning to speak up with our admiration will do wonders in gaining acceptance with those we love to emulate! Everybody loves a compliment!

Platinum Member

I Always Admire Beautiful Women !

Hi Victoria, I'm not going to say that I don't love looking at good looking woman and admiring them but then I
    like to dissect them as to how they present, walk, carry themselves, their shoes, the outfit they are wearing,
    the hair, accessories , makeup, & then putting the whole package back together
    and taking notes for my next dressing session .
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Yes, I check them out to learn and see how they dress and put everything together, but it can also cause you to feel depressed because you can't be one of them. Victoria has this ever happened to you? The desire for them is also there.

I have always ogled women for all sorts of reasons, fashion and presentation are a big thing with me.
    I look for women who are photogenic and when I was younger and opened up to them some thought I was hitting on them.
    There were others that hoped I was hitting on them.
    A double edged sword there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Checking out the ladies to see how they have put themselves together, isn't so strange, yesterday I went into town and while driving down main street I noticed a women walking down the sidewalk, after I had passed her, I have to admit, I didn't even see her really, just her hand bag, large tan leather bag with scallops of leather down the sides, Beautiful bag, but now I wonder what the women that had it looked like. But I did notice she was not dressed in anything special, I guess that why I only noticed the bag.
    Like others have said, it's not really a change for me, been this way all my life, but it seems to be getting more focused.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My wife and I comment on other women constantly now about clothes makeup hairstyles etc. lol. I will say honestly though, I still check out their boobs and butt ;-)

We are all guilty, ogling women - from the every day "What Not To Wear" group to the very well put together lady, we all glean and learn the quality's of what it is to be a well dressed woman and present ourselves as ladies in the best possible way - ogling is a fine and pleasent pastime........................Debra

I don't think I ever did "ogle" women per se, rather I appreciated their appearance and made it my goal to look like that someday perhaps. Hard to say sometimes what goes on in our subconscious.Nowadays, the shoe is on the other foot and I find myself being ogled by guys and sometimes by women. Oh well I guess someone has to do it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I check out other women all the time. I watch how they walk, how they talk, how they hold themselves. I'm not opposed to peeking up another woman's skirt either.