Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new Car!!!

Getting a new Car!!!

So I got Into a car accident a couple weeks ago and my car was trashed so I have to get a new car. Ive been looking for a week now, and sometimes I find myself wondering how I would look as a girl in this car or that car.
    Have any of you other girls ever thought about what your girl self would think about different purchases?

Just seemed like an odd thought, I figured id share it here and get your feedback.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

A sexy girl looks great in any new car, just give it a good polish before the pose :P

Dana,

Great question. I've not consciously done it, but your question got me thinking and now I'll probably fixate on it when I go shopping. Obviously, when purchasing girl stuff, the connection is subconscious and automatic. I do remember when I got my new car a year ago being anxious to find a storefront with a large expanse of glass so I could drive by as Rhonda see how I looked in the reflection. I still do that when the opportunity presents itself (shoulda gotten a red convertible -- darn). I predict you'll get a lot of replies to this one. (and a belated welcome to CD.com)

Best,
    Rhonda

Girl- BMW
    Guy- Ford F150
    No visible sex/gender- Any GM product

Platinum Member
    Hi Dana, that is an interesting thought.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It would look nice to have a pink sewing machine...But!
    I still settle for a humongous black truck.
    A lot of ladies have them too!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Glad you weren't hurt in the accident! Good luck with your car search

I did just that, when I purchased my Lincoln Towne Car. Being that I am pushing the 70 number in years, I thought that a older classic car would be appropriate for my senior status.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I bought a 2009 Mustang late in the year when prices dropped so Tracii would have her very own car.
    When I saw it my girl side said OMG would I look good in that car.
    The price was right so I got it.Friends said its kind of a girly car you should have got the GT version.LOL I loved dressing up and driving around.
    Get something your girl side would like and don't worry what your friends think.

'round here girls drive Wranglers and F-350s. You know you have the keys to a cowboy's heart when you got the keys to his truck.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Around here, it seems that the Mazda 3 series is the girly car of choice.

Kathi

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Well I would never drive a Ford, the worst two cars I ever owned were Fords, and I could never afford a BMW, but when I see a Chrysler 200 convertable I have to think about what it would be like top down wind in my hair and up my skirt.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I have only gone out driving while dressed a handful of times and never intended to repeat it. A few months ago I bought a new Dodge Charger. It draws so much attention and compliments that I know for sure I could never go out in it dressed and try to blend in even if I wanted to. So be careful what you pick. If you want to blend in, don't get something flashy. Also, with the windows open and the sunroof open, my SO has a hard time keeping her dress from blowing up. So if that's what you want, go for it.
    Last edited by AllyCDTV; 08-30-2013 at 12:08 AM.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Ive been looking at a ford focus hatchback, a Mazda 3, or maybe a new dodge dart. I was thinking about getting a truck, and that's when it hit me that you just don't see a lot of girls driving around in pickup trucks. While ive only driven as Dana like 3 times I think its something id like to do on a regular basis (if the roommate ever moves out). Anyway, as I stood there staring at the truck that's when this thought occurred to me that maybe I need to buy a car that Dana would like as well.

maybe im just an idiot, I dunno.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

VW beetle, mini cooper, both girly cars and both get good gas mileage. Back in 2005 I bought a new Audi TT, definitely a head turner when dressed up. But I found Audi, although excellent cars, depreciate terribly. I am back to driving a Jeep and love it.

Dana, in West Texas, where I used to live, you often see girls driving trucks. I suspect any place there are ranches and such its not that unusual. In cities (I live in the Houston area now) you don't even find men driving trucks much. For what its worth, both the vehicles you are looking at are well rated. But I really like the Focus - especially in the bright green!

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Girl- BMW
    Guy- Ford F150
    No visible sex/gender- Any GM product
    Aw, Celeste. My Camaro and I beg to differ...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

A Toyota Prius is about as girly as you can get but they don't seem to come in pink. You would have to choose another color or have one painted.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think people think I'm a soccer Mom because I drive an SUV.
    Sold the Mustang sadly but will get another girly car next time.

You need the SUV to haul the guitar and amplifiers, don't you?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Interesting. I wonder if there is an age thing here? Pink Mustangs or whatever may work for girls 40 and under, but I'd guess that for most more "mature" ladies (hey, I'm one of those!) what we think of as "chick" or "girly" cars is less stereotyped. Celeste, my car is a 3-series BMW and Sue has a Honda Fit. Funny, I'd rather drive the Fit when I'm Out and About ... (except when I locked myself in it!) Sue would rather drive the Bimmer....

So who has a Beetle with a rose in the flower holder???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

"I was thinking about getting a truck, and that's when it hit me that you just don't see a lot of girls driving around in pickup trucks."

Dana, you evidently have never been in my neck o' the woods! I'd guesstimate that about 25% of GG's (young and mature alike) drive pickups or other "manly" off road capable vehicles. TBH, anything other than jeans and tennis shoes is very rare. Guess that's why I enjoy working in the Nashville area. Lots better scenery, for sure!

So, your thinking bout' a car that Dana would look in???? How bout' a red Mercedes 2 Door coupe?????? DANA WOULD R E A L L Y HAVE A GOOD TIME IN THAT!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

If you want to go out dressed, but don't want people to recognize you, buy a common, ordinary car in a common color, don't get personalized license plates, and get the windows tinted as dark as is legal in your state.

Otherwise, get a pink car if you want.

I drive a Ford E-350 van. My big sister would beat up anybody that gave me a hard time about it. She's very protective of me.