Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a new Car!!!

I was drooling over a Mini Countryman a few weeks ago, and almost pulled the trigger to buy one. Since then I have been on the lookout for them and have noticed that they are almost exclusively being driven by women.

I drive a powder blue Mazda 3 with beige seats, with a roof rack for lumber and kayaks. Same car in girl or guy mode. The roof rack makes it quite recognizable but I don't care.

I often picture Ceri in various cars. She is a sporty, sassy gal, but would actually be easily at home in a Jeep also. The car doesn't make the girl, but its a nice accessory. Currently driving a bright red Chevy Cruz and feel very fem behind the wheel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

The best car for CDing is the most dependable one, unless you like to play "damsel in distress".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dela View Post
    I was drooling over a Mini Countryman a few weeks ago, and almost pulled the trigger to buy one. Since then I have been on the lookout for them and have noticed that they are almost exclusively being driven by women.
    That hasn't been what I've noticed. Maybe 30%-40% guys. Could be an area thing or a 2nd car thing.

I drove an All4 during a service visit at Hendrick MINI in Charlotte (MINI of Charlotte?) last Fall. I was impressed. It had maybe 80% of the MINI feel and given the size and weight differences, that's very good. However, I like the roofline of the Paceman better. Makes it look something like a Range Rover Evoque. The car just looks sleeker than the Countryman.

I have 2 cars a Jaguar XJ8 for fun and a 2012 Honda Civic for when we actually have to go somewhere. I would recommend the Honda it's kind of girly and gets good MPG. My son-in-law has a V6 Mustang it still looks cool and won't break the bank on gas. Hugs Jaymee
    Last edited by Jaymees22; 09-16-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    That hasn't been what I've noticed. Maybe 30%-40% guys. Could be an area thing or a 2nd car thing.

I drove an All4 during a service visit at Hendrick MINI in Charlotte (MINI of Charlotte?) last Fall. I was impressed. It had maybe 80% of the MINI feel and given the size and weight differences, that's very good. However, I like the roofline of the Paceman better. Makes it look something like a Range Rover Evoque. The car just looks sleeker than the Countryman.
    I test drove a 121HP and the 181hp versions, the latter being a lot of fun, the former more in my price range! Although the other models are cuter, the Countryman was the only one (almost) large enough to accommodate all the stuff and two dogs I want to haul around. I'll keep looking, but every single Mini I saw on my morning walk today (3) was driven by a woman.

I would buy a use Porsche Boxter, there prices are good

more fun than a Mustang
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

57 replies to a post about cars, I guess just because we like to wear panties and do our makeup doesn't mean we arnt still guys.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Quote Originally Posted by Robinkay View Post
    I would buy a use Porsche Boxter, there prices are good

more fun than a Mustang
    Just saw a Wheeler Dealers episode with a Boxter S
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/whee...-1_2421732.htm
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaGirl View Post
    57 replies to a post about cars, I guess just because we like to wear panties and do our makeup doesn't mean we arnt still guys.
    Understood, but there are a lot more women spectating and actually participating in motorsports these days. The participation is at all levels too: driving, team ownership, mechanics, engineers, sanctioning body positions, broadcast positions, etc. It has changed a lot.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dela View Post
    I test drove a 121HP and the 181hp versions, the latter being a lot of fun, the former more in my price range! Although the other models are cuter, the Countryman was the only one (almost) large enough to accommodate all the stuff and two dogs I want to haul around. I'll keep looking, but every single Mini I saw on my morning walk today (3) was driven by a woman.
    Originally the All4 version was only available with the S drivetrain, but I don't know if that is still the case. There is also a JCW version. To me, the extra power of at least the S is useful due to the weight of the machine.

For me, the Clubman was right-sized. My wife uses a wheelchair and while it would fit in a Hardtop, there wasn't much usable space left. The Clubman works for our purposes: 3 people plus the chair and still some cargo space left over.

To be honest, I've lusted after a Mini since '62 when I was a freshman in high school. My first car which I bought when I graduated from college was a new Honda 600 Coupe in '72. It was Honda's take on what a Mini should be. So, when it came time to get rid of the 15 year old Isuzu Trooper I had, all the pieces fell together and it was MINI-time!

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy. Guy\girl mode=Ford F150 Super Cab. My ex drives a Ford Excursion, and she's only 5'2" tall.
    Silly Boy, trucks are for Girls.
    Joni

Marcia Blue can verify that I didn't drive a very girly pickup.....

I picked up an older(but in great shape) Grand Am GT earlier this year.....in purple even! My unknowing girlfriend ribs me about it every now and then for being a girly car. I love it! Great mpg's and fun to drive.

Suzanne

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy. Guy\girl mode=Ford F150 Super Cab. My ex drives a Ford Excursion, and she's only 5'2" tall.
    Silly Boy, trucks are for Girls.
    Joni
    Fast On Race Day
    Found Off the Road Dead
    Fix Or Repair Daily