Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy?

Are you happy?

Many talk on here of the trials and tribulations of crossdressing and the dynamics of their personal relationships with regard to this. In spite of all that I have one simple question: "Are you happy?" If not, what has to happen for you to be happy? I'm pretty happy myself and pretty much just go with the flow as at this point in my life there is not much more anyone can do to make me not happy. My point is that this life is relatively short so we may as well do what we can to be happy and enjoy it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have to say that for the first time in a very long time,
    I am truly happy. Life certainly has its ups and downs, and the finances are certainly down
    at the moment. But money isn't everything. Raychel has come out of the closet at home.
    Now I am free to dress. no longer hiding behind closed doors.

This is a HUGE relief to me, this has been something that has been bothering me and truly
    has caused my life to be hidden and somewhat depressed.

Now I feel complete and more at ease with life overall. So YES I am happy and
    life is good, for today anyways.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I am happy. You eventually learn in life that you can't have it all and to be happy with what you have. I have my health (back), a loving wife, a nice home, and some nice "toys". My wife tolerates my dressing as long as the neighbors don't see me and that's fine with me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Oddly enough, yes I am happy. But then I am normally a happy person.

Right now I have a wife who loves me but has serious health problems and I may loose her.. I am unemployed for the second time in a year due to layoffs and plant closings and there are not many jobs for 60 year olds. I am almost broke due to medical bills and some really crazy insurance standards. I have a handicapped daughter that also has health issues and is not doing very well and I am all she has (the ex wife bailed on her years ago). My other daughter and her husband got involved in drugs and became homeless last winter.

So what do I have to be happy about? Well lets see. I have a very loving wife that accepts me with all of my quirks and faults and I treasure each day I have her with me. My daughter and husband are clean and working and have their own place. My handicap daughter is very precious and has taught me so much about patience and courage. God has always provided for us and I have faith that he will continue to do so. A job will come along and we will be fine. There are many people in our lives, friends, family, church members, that love us and pray for us.

Happiness is all about how you choose to see things and react to them. It is a choice and I feel truly blessed.

Love
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate , If I was any happier I would have to go out and come back in again.

You should have to buy a ticket to be this happy.

At my age if I'm not happy by now I probably wouldn't ever be happy.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-30-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am separated and I am happy when I am in the presence of my young daughter who I love most in this world. My ex never knew I slipped on her clothes from time to time, as she always left for work before me hehe, but who knows :P! I enjoy Cding it's a hobby for me and it gives me a certain amount of satisfaction, and I got spare time

Being a widower, I'm dressed almost every minute I'm home. I'm trying to get on HRT. My children still love me, and thankfully live in different towns. Upside things.

Being a widower, I'm alone. When my wife's health turned for the worse, I took a job that allowed me to be home to care for her. That job sucks, and pays half of what I was making. Downside.

Maybe not happy, but for now, Getting by.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

If I was any happier... I would have to be twins LOL Yes I am happy only wish we would had the internet 40 years ago. Then I would have realized that I was't the only person going though crossdressing.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    I am generally a happy person. I am very lucky to have a partner who is very kind and accepting and after 12 years of marriage I told her about being a CDer. I can now experience my fem side by under dressing and it keeps things (in limits) for my wife and I am able to own & wear what I have only dreamed about most of my life. Life is about balance and compromise and my wife and I are achieving that together! I enjoy each year more than the last, even though there are always ups and downs. I have found a group of friends who share an interest (this site), and are a great source of support and advice, (for the most part, some threads are a little divisive in my opinion, but that is what makes this place great, we do not need to be stuffed into a box with a label on it, we are all doing our thing whatever it is that completes us). I am very happy and enjoy the chance to share with all of you and hear your experiences.

Thanks;
    ina
    Last edited by Ina Girdle; 08-30-2013 at 10:23 AM.

I find myself in many moods and emotions, and having a nervous disorder, and bipolar, and lifetime family of origin abuse, does not make it easyu to be happy. But, i have alweays been content with less than others have. Old car, old bicycles, used clothes, no need for my own house. I can live without crossdressing, more now too, as i am often just too tired and worn out for it, and i can see my days are fewer ahead, than behind, at age 59, and worn out from emotional illness. I used to want a wife so badly, but, now, am realizing marriage may not be for everyone, and I am just to worn out for a woman to want, and, too poor. I see the world rushing towards economic depression, and the historical solution, war. Yet, i am relatively happy, for all i struggle with. There will be a better day soon.

hi . i am very happy as my wife knows and so do my kids that i desses and on friday nights i go out dresses and meet up with t girls for a drink at a club . if anyone said to me 3 years ago that i can dress in front of my family i would of not belive them . and i am so glad that there are so many happy girls here . enjoy life . take care all . love deanna xx

I'm happier than I have been in years. That being said, I could be happier if I could just win the darn lottery and retire already...LOL
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My happiness is independent of the clothes I wear... and I'm always happy......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes I'm happy, I choose to be. I spent many years looking for happiness, stopped looking, outside for it, and found it deep with in. Things may not always go my way, but why let that get you down, after all, some days everything seems to go my way, life is just what you make it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    At the moment, or 15 minutes from now? Happiness isn't really an emotional state, so much as a self assessment that we must make from time to time. If I was in Houston traffic, I assure you I would not in that moment be happy, but if I look at my life as it is now, and from the perspective of several decades, well, then, I'd say, "yes, I am happy with my life"

I have a wonderful, understanding wife. I'm proud of my children and enthralled with my grandkids. I have meaningful work and time and money enough to engage in activities I enjoy. I have a great circle of friends, business associates and a huge extended family that still stays connected. And I live as the person I choose to be.

That's my standard for happiness. But its pretty interesting to consider the concept of happiness. Clearly, happiness isn't the result of possessions or personal accomplishments or status. There are lots of happy people who have little or none of these. In fact, there's eviidence to suggest that modern societties measures of success and status are actually making it harder for people to be satisfied with life. For example, the mental condition we call "depression" is non-existent in subsistence based cultures. Curious, isn't it? The condition isn't found in cultures where everone must work each day to eek out an existence. These studies suggest that affluence comes along with the notion of relative deprivation, and that in turn leads to depression.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-30-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm very happy.

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    Extremely happy! If your happiness relies on external factors, it will always be unstable. Thats why Im always happy, because it comes from inside, no matter what is happening on my life.
    Just another brazilian girl.

In most part I'm happy. Just wish I had that special someone in my life. Driving an 18 wheeler makes it hard to meet someone.

I'm just here. My wife doesn't understand she tries but just can't deal with my dressing. So here I am just hoping things will get better. I know she loves me but we need to deal with this in order to move on. Is been ten years scents I told her .

Quote Originally Posted by EllenJo View Post
    Oddly enough, yes I am happy....Right now I have a wife who loves me but has serious health problems and I may loose her.. I am unemployed for the second time in a year due to layoffs and plant closings and there are not many jobs for 60 year olds. I am almost broke due to medical bills...So what do I have to be happy about? Well lets see. I have a very loving wife that accepts me with all of my quirks and faults and I treasure each day I have her with me. My daughter and husband are clean and working and have their own place. My handicap daughter is very precious and has taught me so much about patience and courage. God has always provided for us and I have faith that he will continue to do so. A job will come along and we will be fine. There are many people in our lives, friends, family, church members, that love us and pray for us....Happiness is all about how you choose to see things and react to them. It is a choice and I feel truly blessed. Love Ellen Jo
    I love this site for things like this post. My quick answer is that usually I am unhappy but now I am happy. I am happy to read that post.

What I am taking time to learn is a Buddhist tradition from Thich Nhat Hahn that suffering is part of man's life. It is up to man to make joy from that suffering. Watching a person die can be made into a joy by appreciating that at this point in time that person is alive. Ellen Jo's handicapped daughter is alive and very precious.

This kind of thinking gives me hope and that makes me happy. Huggs to all.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 08-30-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Happy as can be, cause I live my life the way that I want to live and I try not to bother others with anything.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Kate you asked a very good question. Am i happy. Yes I am happy. I am retired from education. I was not happy with the way our younger generation is being raised and the direction some are headed. ( talking about that makes me sad more than unhappy though). I retired at age 52. I am lucky I have a lovely understanding wife who is still thinking she can make a difference in young kids life. She is retired but was rehired back into education. We are not financially cash wise sound, but are worth a lot cash wise in assets. We love the outdoors and travel more than we should in our fifth wheel seeing the wonders of America. We have found that people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. We choose to be happy. We have a deep religious belief and that makes it easy to be happy knowing even if the worse should ever happen to us we will be happy knowing we will be in a better place. We enjoy life. We stay active together. We have tried just about every thing once and some things twice. This life has made us wiser and taken its toll on our bodies. Would we do any thing different? My answer is no.... Because of four wonderful kids we raised and now eight even more wonderful grand kids life is good. We have learned to count one richness in life by the moments that we hold special. We tried the big bank accounts. What good is cash in he bank if one can't enjoy life? We invested in assets and I call them life assets. Examples are a family farm, a great deer lease, a beautiful fishing lake, an outdoor cooking area with a large back porch where we sat and watch the sun set, while the family sings as we play our guitars, a horseshoe pitching court, or just a leisure stroll around the place with my honey, arm and arm usually not talking just watching the wildlife starting to move as the evening sun sets and cools the earth. This is my happiness. My only stress is hoping I never have to snap back to the grind of having to be somewhere at a certain time. I love life. I dress when I am feeling feminine and don't when I'm not in the mood. Folks need to just be themselves and find their own place in life that make them happy. Oh one other thing I quit listening to the news, watching TV ( except for some old shows of reruns i grew up with) or reading a newspaper. If i want to know the weather i walk outside.... I hate negativity and disassociate myself from it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

I have only been out with my wife for three weeks and yes I can say I am very happy.

Things were very bad in my personal/work life for the past five years because I could not be honest with who I was. Since I have embraced my femme side, Isha, and made her part of my life with the support of my loving wife, I don't find myself in angry mode anymore. Before that, just dropping as screw and having it roll under the workbench would set me into a fit of rage . . . you know what, I was working on my car the other day (male mode) and I broke a very expensive component and I had to laugh and think, so what I can always buy another one . . . I can't buy the love of a wonderful caring woman or the satisfaction of being complete.

So although we are still very new in our discovery of Isha and I am sure we will have some setbacks . . . for the first time in a long time, I am very, very happy

Isha

I am basically happy because I'm a basically happy person. My marriage is somewhat rocky; my wife and I have a lot of tension between us but we also do have some happy times as well.

YES, I'm happier now than I've ever been!! I heard on the radio that they did a survey of what ages people are the happiest and it was age 23 and 69. Well I can't remember 23 that well, but now I'm looking forward to turning 69 this December. The theory was that by 69 you realize this is it and it's not too bad. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!