Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you happy?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    The hardest part of finding true happiness for me was learning to accept not having a lady friend. My goal since Junior High was to have a "steady" girlfriend. Since that time I've had my share. Some better than others. My cousin never got married. He likes to play and he doesn't like any hinderences. I realized a year or so ago that he's smarter than I gave him credit for.

Now I'm happy indeed. No attachments, retired, financially secure, minimum amount of stuff that needs to be cared for, a couple of hobbies that I'm good at, a bunch of CD girlfriends, and two killer wardrobes!

All good responses. One thing Robbin said that struck me was that what we need to do is use all experiences either negative or positive as learning opportunities. The real skill is to take even negative experiences and turn them around and make them work for us. That kind of mastery certainly makes us happy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I'm happier than I have been in years. That being said, I could be happier if I could just win the darn lottery and retire already...LOL
    .and of course when I win I will call my very best friend in the world, Jillleanne, to come and help me spend the rest of our lives blowing it all. lol

Ok, really now, yes, I am happy. No I am not fulfilled within. Good, but not perfect. I'm assuming we are talking in reference to our gender issues. What would make me absolutely perfectly 100% happy 24/7 for the rest of my life? Not sure really but never ever having to deal with GID would be a really, really, really, great start.

I don't want to say I'm not happy, because things could always be worse.
    I do unfortunately have a headache today, but this too shall pass, right?

I will say I am happy to read this thread and everyone's input on it.

Also I will make happy faces: (A little sense of humor takes the edge off)
    - Phoebe Brenne

Quote Originally Posted by EllenJo View Post
    <snip>Happiness is all about how you choose to see things and react to them. It is a choice and I feel truly blessed.
    Love
    Ellen Jo
    Exactly. Some wise person once wrote that we are generally as happy as we want to be. While I can't always manage that, I try to be content with my life, and that's how I feel most of the time, as I've learned to extract joy from sometimes the tiniest things. For example, I'm eating a delicious pizza right now, and revel in the texture and flavour of it with every bite.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Kate, my happiness came when I decided I did not want to be en femme but rather wanted to admire and share a girls company. For the longest time something was missing, that was to be with the ladies. Admire those who achieved what I coudl not

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons
    Are you happy? My point is that this life is relatively short so we may as well do what we can to be happy and enjoy it.
    I’m happy, but I could just as easily be sad. I'm responsible for my own happiness. The way I see it, I won’t be here forever, so I might as well do everything I can, try everything I can (within reason), and make the most of it. In that context, I’m glad I tried crossdressing. I created happiness out of thin air, using just a change of clothes to make the world seem perpetually magical. How amazing!

Quite happy, involved with a serious relationship with a man that loves and accepts me as a woman. During my journey to womanhood, I always wondered if I could ever be truly happy............yes, most definitely! The one and only down side to my life is that I want to dress as a woman every day, not just at night and on the weekend. My fondest dream is to wear a dress, heels and hose to work and be the woman I really am.

Banned Read only
    Crossdressing is one of the biggest rays of sunshine in my life. I feel happier and better when en femme, especially after my car accident. It seems to relax me, which is a huge help for my back. I mean my little Chiweenie is a huge help too. Miss Peaches is the little princess who practically runs my life.

Hi,

To be content is to be happy.

years ago age from age 4 = 7 , i was known as the happy smiling kid. now age 66, yes 'v i grown a bit & still known as the happy smiling bigger kid, so as a person a few things have changed around myself, though its not in what i have

, its in knowing who i am, & what i can offer to others wether its through my work or just being there for them or just a helping hand.

As youll see im very happy . though being content has more meaning .

...noeleena...

What, me happy? You betcha, Kate.
    Turn all the negatives into positives, that's the secret.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.