Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fakers, False Identities, Pretenders et al.

Platinum Member
    I wonder if for some it's living vicariously...doing on the Internet what they wish or could never possibly admit they might do in real life.

Of course there aren't hose who behave in venal, manipulative and exploitive ways because it gives them a sense of control. in either case, its rather pathetic.

But now I feel like I'm missing out...who was this great imposter?
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    OK, I know who the impostor was.
    Well, all of you who have figured this out are much smarter than I am!

I think this thing about faking it as a TS is sort of like those folks who pretend to be police officers or decorated soldiers and such. Their own lives are so inconsequential they need another identity. And for those who pose as TS there's the added fetish component.

Weird. And harmful to those who are really struggling to have a functional transition when this impossible example is held up as some ideal to be desired.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

I'd add delusional mental illness (such as schizophrenia) to the motives already listed. A shirttail relative lives in an idealized alternate reality when not taking his meds. Just saying it's not always mean-spirited.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Where it starts to become unrealistic is when they are 100% stealth, have a rich husband, live in some prestigious town, blah blah.
    I certainly become skeptical when one unlikely attribute is piled on another, but there really are people near that end of the bell curve who still need company. So until they start handing out bad advice or lording their supposed traits over everyone else, I don't see any reason to challenge folks. My own life seems relatively charmed, so who am I to call someone else out unless they become a problem?
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    I think this thing about faking it as a TS is sort of like those folks who pretend to be police officers or decorated soldiers and such. Their own lives are so inconsequential they need another identity. And for those who pose as TS there's the added fetish component.

Weird. And harmful to those who are really struggling to have a functional transition when this impossible example is held up as some ideal to be desired.
    Yeah, I believe that is a pretty valid assessment. I'm still a bit befuddled though. If I were going to completely make up some online persona I don't know if I would pick trans*. Probably Sophia Vergara's sister or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Kael View Post
    So until they start handing out bad advice or lording their supposed traits over everyone else, I don't see any reason to challenge folks. My own life seems relatively charmed, so who am I to call someone else out unless they become a problem?
    Amen sister! I'm not advocating for any sort of witch hunt but in my Facebook example, one woman replied to the fake picture/post "you give us all hope." Heartbreaking, and a line is crossed. One person's make believe can't be allowed to harm another's reality IMHO.

I guess one of the main reasons I don't get this is that I believe if these people were simply honest they would likely find a place in the community.
    Debby

OK I've got to come clean...............I'm really a extraterrestrial trying to pose as a transhuman so that I can infiltrate and assimilate and............................well, you know.................................that thing extraterrestrials do!

Untitled
    Inna, you mean ya wanna probe
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Forgive me for being harsh, but I think that some of this thread is the pot calling the kettle black. A great deal of what passes for CD/TG/TS thinking, perhaps even including some of my own now and then, is sand castles built in the sky.

What is it they say?

A neurotic builds castles in the sky.

A psychotic lives in them.

And a psychiatrist collects the rent.

Everytime I read of someone's belief that once they "transition," once they have SRS, or once they "whatever" the whole world will suddenly turn from black-and-white to color and they will forever after get to play in the Emerald City I shudder and pray for the best for them.

And everytime I read that only a certain brand of CD/TG/TS is worthy I shudder and pray for those people too.

If we're entirely free of sin, if we are leading lives pure and free of dangerous illusion, then how do you explain that the number of self-declared "lesbians" on forums like this one is about ten times the average for GG lesbians?

And how about just plain greed and jealousy? A couple of people on this very thread felt less because "she" had more, because her life was better? What the Hell should that say about themselves? We're all dealt a hand and we need to make the best of ours, not someone else's. How do you feel when you read "People" magazine or watch entertainment gossip? Inspired? or marginalized? Doesn't that say more about you than it does about Selina Gomez or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    One other personality does need to be addressed. There are people who through disability aren't able to actually do the things they talk about. They dream it, they want it, but they cannot do it so they live their fantasies out here on the 'web. This is actually a healthy release for them and doesn't hurt the community at all so I have no problem with folks of this type.
    Yep. Go ahead and tell me that you know for sure that the person you are so busy trashing and whining about wasn't a quadraplegic confined to a wheelchair, taking hours, maybe days, to painfully type her posts out using a mouthstick. Or maybe she was a victim of a transsexual beating left paralyzed from the neck down, just trying to live out an online life that was her last shred of happiness.

Are you prepared to prove otherwise?

Have a nice day.

Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 09-01-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I've known for a while about her, but I didn't know how deep she'd befriended some people, had I known that, I'd have done something about it.
    I find it amazing how much work "she" put into crafting and developing a personna..The real life details in PM s were so real,that there was no reason to doubt the truthfulness of it all.And some of us "knew" her in a different way. Yet in the end,everyone she confided in knew her equally..NOT AT ALL! Seems like there had to be some truth in the beginning,and the fiction spun from that. Like the Facebook pics Debglam mentions,it is very strange behavior to target the "T" community with deception,especially if you aren't connected to it. But,we'll never know..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    OK , I'm not sure who this person was, and have to admit i'm curious. There are a number of people who post only one or two questions here on the forum, whom I suspect are posting the questions to elicit a specific response, just by the way the question is framed. Then they don't ever post again, this is another form of fakers.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I've got mixed feelings about this. I was warned about 4 years ago that she was a fake by some staff members here, but I never followed through, never called her up on it even though she used to PM me late at night with light hearted comments because she was bored. She did get into some of the debates with the best of them and I've got to say that many times, I agreed with her POV.

Who's to say what her motives were for doing this. But if she hurt anyone, IMO she hurt herself the most. Imagine living a life of hiding who you are, even behind the anonymity of the internet. People who cannot show others who they are, don't have much to hang onto. To those who felt hurt because you compared yourselves to her, I agree with Persephone. We all have to deal with the hands we've been dealt and there is no point envying anyone whom we perceive has it better than us. No life is perfect.

Still all and all, I'm glad that it all came to an end, if it will only help her to turn things around for herself. I don't know how it all came down, but I just hope that the people who were involved in exposing her didn't do it out of spite.
    Reine

4 Years?!
    Do you guys have a file on everyone or something?

O_O

She was always nice though and I hope everything gets worked out in the end.
    There's enough crap in the world to hold on to any malice.

Gold Member
    Part of the possible harm may come from this -
    We know us TS tend to compare ourselves to each other. So if someone is believing the wild stories, it may make them even MORE distraught about their own short comings. Kind of the "Keeping up with the Jones's" mentality. Let us admit we feel jealousy when we see a better-off TS. THIS one we dare not name had a better life than what Mother Theresa probably has in heaven.

Rogina said about "crafting a personna". Well, some people are real good at this. Ever read even a page of a Danielle Steele book? JUST ONE PAGE! But most of us don't try to pass ourselves off as that ultra-perfect human.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    To those who felt hurt because you compared yourselves to her, I agree with Persephone. We all have to deal with the hands we've been dealt and there is no point envying anyone whom we perceive has it better than us. .
    Bah!

I never envied her. I don't envy anyone if I'm being honest. Persephone's post is a red herring and a straw-man at the same time. Perhaps she's in communication with this person and is being fed a whole new personality in preparation for a contrite return.

What about those of us who were hurt because we had long Yahoo chats with her in the very beginning of our transition and shared many personal details about plans and hardships. What about those who looked up to her NOT because she was supposedly beautiful but because she had walked the path a few years before us and we respected her perspective on our decisions. What about those of us who were totally fooled by her charade and now feel like total dorks for buying into her BS.

I would love to say that I always knew and I wasn't surprised, ...but I didn't and I was. Thankfully April uncovered her ruse.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    ............... Maybe it dosen't really matter over on the CD side of the site where it's pretty much all fantasy anyway .................
    It matters. You have to start readings more of the posts from the 'other side' to understand that most people on the "CD side' end up settling for a compromise life because of spouse, family and or work. Why do people presume that someone who is CD lives a fantasy life ? How many TS start as CD or even as fetishists ? from the posts here , most of them. It's not like a TS woke up one morning and by that afternoon they had transitioned.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

We can't forget that there are very vulnerable people, and I'll include myself when I first came out, that hang on every word that the "big girls" have to say. They are reading these words, looking at these photos, and basing their actions on what they read and see. Yes, people should use their good sense but I know that I had no frame of reference when it came to teh trans!
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    What about those of us who were hurt because we had long Yahoo chats with her in the very beginning of our transition and shared many personal details about plans and hardships. What about those who looked up to her NOT because she was supposedly beautiful but because she had walked the path a few years before us and we respected her perspective on our decisions. What about those of us who were totally fooled by her charade and now feel like total dorks for buying into her BS.

I would love to say that I always knew and I wasn't surprised, ...but I didn't and I was. Thankfully April uncovered her ruse.
    That's just it ... I never knew for sure either. I heard another person's opinion, I never saw any proof. But, I never forgot it.

And what you say is true. I hadn't considered that when I posted. Some of you did share a lot of personal information with someone who wasn't forthright with you and I don't blame you for feeling betrayed. I apologize if my prior comments seemed insensitive.
    Reine

But isn't she just another Potemkin Village among the many on this board. ( Grigory Potemkin, erected fake settlements along the banks of the Dnieper River in order to fool Empress Catherine II during her visit to Crimea in 1787. The phrase is now used, typically in politics and economics, to describe any construction (literal or figurative) built solely to deceive others into thinking that some situation is better than it really is.)

I had many conversations with her over time and frankly she had a lot of sense and realism about many things. Is the betrayal maybe more about having been fooled rather than what she actually did to anyone. I remember her fondly whether I was fooled or not.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

There have been a few times where I thought about posting a picture of "me" that wasn't real. I never followed through on it.

I very much wish I could be like others here. That is to say, I wish I could transition. Sadly, I have health issues outside of being in the wrong body that make it all but impossible medically to transition.

there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish that I could be in the process of transitioning for just one day. To feel what it is like to be "on the way" to who I was meant to be is something that I long for.

If you notice, the ONLY picture I have ever posted is a "cartoon" picture from the stock images provided by this site. I have never claimed to be somoene I wasn't. I have never claimed to achieve something that I haven't. At the same time, I do understand why some poeple do. In a strange sort of way, pretending brings one slightly closer to where one wants to be. However slight that is, it is still enticing.

Instead of pretending, I have opted to resort to praying to God that he sees fit to make one exception re: the whole "you only get one life to live" thing and allows me to have another shot where I can be born female OR I have the opportunity to transition.

It has been a long while since I posted here. Several years ago, I asked to to be granted access to the "private" forum for those who are transitioning. Even though that is out of the question for me, it gave me solace to see that it is actually possible. Then, about a year ago, my access was revoked. The quote that came to mind was from the 1965 animatronic version of Rudolf where Yokon Cornelious says, "What do you know? Even among misfits we're misfits!" Broke my heart...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So this person is a GG pretending to have transitioned? I'm still unclear as to who this person is.Can you tell us?
    Totally unrelated but why do TS's have such disregard for TG and CD members? Did they not start somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    [...] Maybe it dosen't really matter over on the CD side of the site where it's pretty much all fantasy anyway but here on the TS side we have real people taking real steps to transition and need real advice and support from other real people who have actually done it!
    I kinda felt offended when I read this. I mean, even CDs have feelings, but then I figured you're actually at least half right.

So yes, maybe it doesn't matter that much, it's all make-believe anyway, but it should matter though, because CDs have real lifes too and their own set of issues and challenges to deal with. Not as big and complex as on the TS side, but still things that can have quite an impact on your life.

Anyway, I'd love to complain much more about this, but who am I kidding, right?

Gold Member
    Oh come on, it is not like they don't get some whoppers on the CD side.
    "My wife forced me to dress up and go to the mall", I have a girlfriend who is 100% accepting, I went on a date and the guy had no idea..."

The CD's have their fair share of liars about how great their adventures are, they just manifest in different ways.

I have nothing against the CD folks, I mean they have it just as rough. Either they gotta hide REAL careful or they are out there putting up with the same BS as us. They may have it worse cause they sometimes try to lead two lives that cannot intertwine.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Isn't that exactly what I meant? I'm not really interested in posting examples, but yes, some stories are too good to be true to say the least.

Since a lot of you don't know who we're talking about and are speaking hypothetically I can say that badtranny said it best, it's not about someone posting a few embellished stories in an open forem, its about a person who I got to know on a personal level who I shared intimate details about my life, who claimed to be in the same boat I was in only further along. I know it didn't take them hours to type with a stick in their mouth because I spoke with them vie instant messenger. I know that every picture this person ever posted of themselves was a picture of a model with some face photoshoped onto it. She readily took compliments for those pictures as if they were pictures of her. She fabricated stories about people dieing and getting their children, that's not cute or insightful its just wrong. She claimed to live in places that she never lived, even talked about the weather in those places, how weird is that? This person sent me a picture of her "girlfriend", it was a picture of a porn star! If you want to embellish or completely fabricate a story about going out to a drag club and getting hit on be my guest but don't PM people and pretend to share intimate details and fake photos about your fabricated "life" it's wrong.

Anyway I highly doubt that this person was a GG if anything they were likely middle aged and male.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its killing me not knowing who this person is. I might have chatted with them too.
    Its pretty easy to detect a doctored photo I'm surprised no one called her on it much sooner.