Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing imprinted early minds

This is one of those discussions that we will never really find an answer to yet always amuse me.

As a rather long in the tooth ex scientist Ive never really understood how everything we see around us is basically produced from the same relatively small selection of elements chemically combined in a myriad of combinations.

Our bodies are made up of multi thousands of very different, very complex compounds, many of which our best research laboratories would struggle to synthesise, yet our bodies turn them out at will in usually just the right concentrations to keep us fit and well.

Our mind, whatever that is, seems to be a highly complex mess of electrical impulses somehow put together by another mulch of randomly produced chemical compounds (our brain).....trying to analyse these would make Bill Gates look like a complete amateur.

I reckon I probably have the best part of 50 billion (only a guesstimate) atoms randomly assembled into hundreds of thousands of different simple and complex compounds forming...."me".
    All of this has taken place without any input from our collected human intelligence, these little atom chappies just go about their business as they see fit.......whatever makes us think we could ever get to the bottom of why we are who we are??

I know for one, I gave up worrying about it long ago......just my thoughts
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Don't just do something - sit there!

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post

Also, I don't think that crossdressing per se is what is imprinted. Crossdressing is merely a symptom. But that's a subject for another day.
    I'd agree with this. I also think MANY things are a result of imprinting. Certainly sexual imprinting (fetish etc) has already been observed, but I read a research article the other day that was looking at partner choice stemming from imprinting on the opposite sex parent. Seems we do marry our fathers! (Or mothers)

Anyway, it's an interesting theory and I'd like to see more of it in the future. Not because they'd be a cure for CD as imprinting is as permanent as any birth gene, but because knowledge might give everyone a rest from this question

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum
    In no way do I denigrate all of the studies and research that formed our knowledge of unbalanced chromosomes or the genetic effects contributed by H. Benjamin and others. However, from my observations of birds (Part 1 and 2) --- not the smartest of our fellow creatures, the thought entered my noodle that our initial wiring - infinitely greater than that of these geese who possess abilities far out of proportion to the tissue capacity of their skulls --- must contribute a greater measure towards our unique gender development --- exposure to our early environment --- than we heretofore gave credit.
    And we are SELF-AWARE to a fault, over-thinking everything and not doing what comes naturally. I think our bird friends have it right – they’ve evolved to a point where there isn’t any time to think too much about things. Their lives are exceedingly short, pushing maturity along at a fast pace, all with survival in mind…

It’s open to conjecture whether or not human self-awareness is a good thing or a bad thing, but we are too wrapped up in ourselves to care. This selfishness is often imprinted on young minds, and I can give a few examples to support that claim…

Birds: beautiful creatures, in all ways…