Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you could turn the clock back....

Aspiring Member
    If I could turn the clock back, I would dress fully earlier. I soooo want to be an attractive female in a short skirt. Everybody likes a pretty girl. Oh, and it would be nice to have a more feminine face as well.

I would have started dressing much sooner it would have been easier to "pass".

If I could turn the clock back I would have been out along time ago. So many years wasted in fear and uncertainty.

I just don't know how to answer this question because crossdressing has been with me all of my life. It would just be weird without my crossdressing. I am 72 now and I started when I was 10 or so. I do wish that I had had earlier access to the information that I have been able to find on the internet. Until I went to counseling in my early 60's I thought I was some kind of way out there. Now I know better and this forum has been a big part of my education.

Banned Read only
    If I could turn back the clock, I would have started dressing as a girl alot earlier!!!

I could wish for dressing earlier and getting out more when I was young, but I was very confused at the time. Once I had time (and help) to mentally sort things out, they got better.

So no, would not change a thing!

If I could turn back the clock, there are things I would do differently, but I think I would only "enhance" my dressing experience. I certainly wouldn't want to abolish it. I enjoyed it too much when I was young and still get the same reaction today. Matter of fact, I'd actually dress more often!

Yes and no , dressing is like a gift and a curse all at the same time.
    But knowing all that I know now I wish I had done a lot more dressing and going out in public when I was younger

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    There are many many times I've answered this question and it is usually YES I wish I had never started as, in the long run it was a curse not a blessing or 'gift' as some cd's proclaim. I was forced in to it by my father who wanted to punish me for goofing around teasing my sister and wearing her dresses. " No son of mine is gong to wear a dress, I'll get it out of you:", so for one week as an 8 yr old child I had to wear my sisters dress around the house after school. I was terribly embarrassed. So it became dormant and like many came back with an uncontrollable vengeance at 13, and i was fully dressing and going out in public, which I continue to do today 50 years later and enjoy it because I pass and am a woman among them for 3 hours out. I love the prepping the makeup and the under garments from yesteryear, girdles, garters stockings etc.

I just wish the clock and time frame of my life and the world changed together and I was dressing from 1960-75 (which I did but as a kid) in all the feminine clothes and dresses, petticoats,makeup and teased bouffant hair styles as a young man from 20-30 all through the 60's. (the Lawrence Welk look girl) Gone out in public, passed and interacted as a woman.

But that was not acceptable in those days and you literally could get arrested for wearing female clothes in public.. It would have certainly been the golden years including the introduction of the mini skirt in 67. How I wish that time shift could have been then.

But If the clock turned back I wish that incident had never happened, turned me into a Crossdresser and would be sitting here typing this now.
    Last edited by Megan70; 11-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.

If I turned the clock back far enough,before the net, I"d be the only cd in the world, remember those days?

I would continue to dress and would have gone out in public earlier.

Oooh if I can turn the clock back,i would not have suppressed it as I did sometimes in my "better" years.I would've had more fun with it now that I dress more "comprehensively" .

I'd love to relive my teens and twenties.Had a lot of great times cd'ing when I was younger.Sorely miss/would have back members of my extended family who have passed on too.
    Last edited by CarolynO; 11-06-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Oh My, I would of never got married, and would of definitely spent the money to get totally trans G. The only time I,m happy is when I,m Cindy.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Banned Read only
    Thank you for your lovely replies.

If able to to turn back the clock, I would have confided to a female friend earlier in life. The ability to share this part of my life at a younger age is something I've always regretted.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar

Sooner I wish

I now wish I started earlier, I’ve asked myself recently would I give it up if I could and the answer is simply no I wouldn’t. I started with panties when I was 18 years old, late starter compared to most I suppose, strange in a way as I had three older sisters to contend with and as far as I remember I never went near their clothes. Now I am 52 years old and have been fully dressing for eight years with an understanding wife. I wished I embraced my feminine side when I was in my twenties, if only to see how convincing I might have been back then, plus all the fun I could have had as I am having now.

No, i've thought it before and tried stopping. the outcomes made me severely depressed and I never wish to try again.

I was a very late starter. Do I regret it "NO". Should I have started earlier "MAYBE". My wife's view was that the time must have been right for something to change. I just love dressing as a woman but also love being the man I have always been.

i would love to turn back the clock, and having this support back then amazing!!! to do this in my youth would have been awesome, the clothes are made for the younger women but being able to feel like a girl at any time is priceless, when i slip on my heels my femme just takes over !!!
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The only thing I'd do differently with regard to turning back the clock is telling my wife right away. On our first date she told me she was (and still is) primarially attracted to women and was exclusively lesbian for 7 years. I came clean about my brief relationship with another man (while in boy mode even). I laid pretty much all of my kink cards on the table... besides perhaps the least kinky and most fundamentally a part of me one. It would have saved a lot of heartache. She has been amazingly supportive of me but I kept it very suppressed for a long time. So now 4 years into our relationship and a year and a half post wedding it is more awkward than it could have been.

I didn't feel as if I really had any choice in the matter; after all, I was told that god had made a mistake, that I was really supposed to be a girl, and that I should try to learn to be one and maybe he would fix me. And so I did, I tried to be the best little secret girl that I could be for much of my childhood and adolescence. And over the years, the idea 'stuck'. Do I wish it all never happened? Yes. I can only wonder what my life might have been like if all the bad crap I went through never happened. But we have to make the best of the hand we're dealt. I think I did that. While there are a lot of things I never accomplished, neither did I succumb to drugs, alcohol or violence. So in all, I didn't do too bad, all things considered. After 50 years, I finally have my life back on track. A little late, maybe, but I'm still working on improving myself, and always will.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would have dressed as a teen and enjoyed my fem side more in public.

I've thought about this all my life. The short answer is absolutely not! My earliest memories are of thinking I was Mommy's little girl, having my own purse and long gloves, using the Avon sample lipstick, etc and that did not slow down growing up. I regret that I did not have the courage to tell my parents how badly I wanted to be a girl. Oh my gosh I wanted to be a girl, but my father would have absolutely crushed my soul for ever saying that and he was a heck of a huge, strong man. So, if I could do it all over, knowing what I know now, I would somehow find the courage to come out to my parents and I would like to think that I would be the woman on the outside today that I have been on the inside my entire life.

If I could start again I would dress fully in my teenage years. I did not have the chance to do that and now I always wonder if I would have passed as a woman.

I would say no. It's part of what I am, if I had not, i'd be even more miserable than I am today. I kind of wish i had gone a different route, and had more support when i was younger. But 'tis what it 'tis, or 'twit'. Hmmm...

I given me a hell of a lot of insight, and made me able to relate to a lot of people who are 'non-traditional' not just crossdressers. Good for the humility.

I miss having a 'girlhood', and explains some of my age inappropriate tastes (prom dresses, et al), even though they are not worn in public, i still feel the inappropriateness, though still being drawn to them. Or perhaps I'm just a sissy. (As i sit here typing in a bright pink sweater with lurex threads woven in).

Guess my answer should be,
    I wish i had never stopped!!! :-)