Thread: Please Turn Down The Heat

Please Turn Down The Heat

So my s/o and I are here in South Carolina for a month of R&R. Things are the same as we remember them albeit, the traffic is worse probably because this is the last long weekend before the offspring return to school. All and all, things are great except it's so bloody hot, my makeup is running like a river, I can't wear hose, my foundation garments refuse to slide over my sticky skin, shall I mention the wigs and how they cool my head???NOT!! Sure, our house is air conditioned so all is well inside. So I guess it's a walk across the street to the ocean daily to get into that Atlantic Ocean breeze with towel and sunscreen in hand and hope my forms stay stuck to me and don't fall out of the cups. lol Guess maybe I could have left all the hose, belts, sweaters, etc. at home and lightened the load coming down here. At least I was smart enough to bring one shorter wig. I would really love to have a few evenings out wearing hose so could someone please, turn down the heat.

Yes, the hot weather is hard on those of us who must wear wigs and makeup to be presentable. It will cool off eventually, but then you'll be home in the North and wishing it would stop snowing!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gold Member
    I tend to sweat easily. My first foundation match was done in the winter and it worked well. At least until summer when I started sweating and orange streaks were going down my face. I switched the type of foundation I used right there. I am sorry it is affecting your vacation.

In a couple of months we are going to say turn up the heat. Can't seem to win, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If it was only that easy. Like Kate said, before you know it we will be too cold.
    I will take the heat over the winter any day though.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Come up to Iowa; it finally dropped below 90. I might be able to put some makeup on today.

Hugs,
    Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

The weather is so fickle

Until last week we were having an exceptionally mild summer, more like spring than summer, than it turned hot and a tropical storm following Baja Mexico northward pushed the humidity up. There is a Hazardous Weather Outlook until 9 am warning of dense fog; I’m not seeing any fog but the air feels damp and close – I can hardly wait until the temperature climbs into the nineties in a couple hours. Hopefully these monsoonal conditions won’t last too much longer and we’ll start to get some relief from the approaching fall weather.

Fall is a mixed bag, a lot of nice weather, warm days and cool nights, but we do get Santa Anna’s, temperatures of 100 and above, hot dry winds with gusts to 40 or 50 mph, and humidity in the single digits – so dry your skin cracks – but fortunately they generally only last two or three days. The worst thing with Santa Anna's is the terrible wild fires produced by those hot dry winds. However the average daily temperature in San Diego for September is 76 and I find that very livable.

Won’t be long before many of you will be fondly remembering warmer weather as winter sets in. While I admit that snowy landscape can be beautiful I wasn't so young that I don’t remember the smell of wet winter clothes (especially wool) hanging in the mudroom or foyer, or pulling on galoshes with those funny buckles – not that galoshes did much good because as a kid I was romping in snow deeper than the galoshes were high moments after going outdoors.

Well that’s all in the past, I’ll be looking forward to an October where the temperatures average 73/61, and November 69/54, December 65/48, and our coldest month January 65/49, and not a snowflake to be seen except off in the distance on the mountains – about 40 to 50 miles if one wishes to actually see the stuff up close.

Ah, fall and winter, great months for dressing, great months for skirts that come just above the knees and of course hose.
    Babs

Ah, the lonely, plaintive cry of the ex-pat Snowbird tugging at our heartstrings. So sad, but then again, a whole lot better than having to deal with the tropical storms and hurricanes which will soon be in your future...

I have been able to spend a week alone in a Daytona time-share. Before I began a dressup session, I turned the thermostat down (colder). I went out in the evenings some, but not in the daytime, not only because of the temperature, but also because of the wind.

That is why I come to the mountains of N. CA where the air is dry and the nights are cool and just about every day is sunny but comfortable. Beats the steamy south.

Ah, the compassion , advice, and concern expressed by my dear friends here just makes the day feel so, well, shall I say, special. LOL So to thank you all, I thought I would post a pic of my mostest favorite winter outfit I have ever owned. I do hope you all appreciate the time and effort it takes to get it looking just right. Now, where did I put that darn snowmobile again? I'm always losing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clearly a whole lot of underdressing going on here, and melting, running make up is likely not a concern. In fact, make up and a wig may be optional accessories when wearing this chic ensemble. The moose must be envious when they see this fashion statement...

I know you are getting some sexy tan lines, lol we'll be in edisto in a few weeks, hoping for some sun

It's finally starting to cool down here in the UK, although the weather is still all over the place a bit as usual
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

You might get a little cool weather for a couple of days. There is a cold front moving through here and according to the weather channel will move through where you are. Then move back north as a warm front. Enjoy it while it lasts. You could be in Georgia where it continues to rain.

Hi Leslie

I’m not totally sure your post was in response to mine but it directly follows mine, and it reads like it might be in response to mine. We don’t get hurricanes and the tropical storms that make it this far north consist of nothing more than a few hundredths of an inch of warm rain. Now thirty miles east, in the mountains the tropical monsoon season in late August and early September is cause for some pretty spectacular thunderstorms, and occasionally (once every two or three years) one of those thunderstorms will sweep toward coast and we might get a tenth of an inch of rain.

Typically in San Diego the daily highs in July and August are in the mid to high seventies due in great part to the temperature of the Pacific – currently 68-degrees – and the pretty standard on-shore breezes (except during Santa Anna’s – maybe 10 days a year).

Personally, I would rather have two or three weeks of hot weather than months of sub-freezing temperatures. I have no desire to drive the 40 or 50 miles to experience snow; the last time was twenty-five years ago and that was for the benefit of my daughters.
    Babs

Banned Read only
    Oh Barbra I miss So Cal weather. Even crazy Santa Ana devil winds. I mean it is awesome in winter when it is suddenly summer warm out, albeit windy as hell. Out here in Vegas we've cooled to the double digits finally, but it will stay above 70s in the day until sometime in November. But I agree, we always complain about how hot it is, until the dead of winter when we dream of the heat and sundresses and sandals. At least winter is boot season. Love wearing my Fuggs even in boy mode..

Jilleanne,
    You can get back to that snowmobile and all will be good again.
    I remember you showed it some time ago.
    At least you can get to the beach and swim.
    Now that's a bonus.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Clearly a whole lot of underdressing going on here, and melting, running make up is likely not a concern. In fact, make up and a wig may be optional accessories when wearing this chic ensemble. The moose must be envious when they see this fashion statement...

Oh contraire mon ami, my makeup, clothing, forms, and hair are in full glory under all the garb. Getting the helmet off without getting a hair trim is quite a feat at best, particularly in a restaurant full of bearded burly men. lol Quick suggestion : Do NOT wear big hoops in a helmet. There is no where for them to go except into the side of your head! lol

As for those moose, well! They make the strangest sounds when I waive to them along the trails.