Thread: Breastforms - How To?

Breastforms - How To?

I don't see a lot of information on breastforms available, so I'm going to ask for some tips, then try them, then write up a formal how-to.

I bought some cheap (~$50) breastforms, and some adhesive. I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to get them attached and look right, share wise. But they're going to be a different colour! How can I blend them? How can I get a seamless look?

Welcome to the Forum Hammer. You might want to introduce yourself in the New and Returning Members section here and be properly welcomed by some of us. Now on to your question. Once you get 10 posts you will be able to do a search here of topics of interest to you. Just type in a few key words and see what results you get. There are so many threads, some still open on breast forms, from where to buy, what size, shape and material to how to fix them. There are even some on your question of how to blend them to match your existing skin color, which by the way is not very successful. Good luck and enjoy your stay here.

Thanks for the tips. I will introduce myself for sure

I was able to search without needing 10 posts it seems, but all I could find were tips on attaching them, not blending them in, or displaying them.

I'm afraid that I'm going to end up with them under my shirt all night!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If the tops of your breast forms show, they just won't match your skin color. That's why they invented breast plates that cover your entire chest a few years back, Daph. They allow us girls that want to wear low cut tops and show off some cleavage, (even if we're actually as flat chested as a table top), to do so. However, if u want a good one, they aren't cheap!

Here's me out in Vegas wearing mine!
    22286.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Go to janetscloset.com

One way of blending them is lots of makeup and experimentation.
    Advice from others here will assist you immensely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear full coverage bras which hide the forms completely. Of course I don't do full outfits either.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Quote Originally Posted by Jenara View Post
    I wear full coverage bras which hide the forms completely. Of course I don't do full outfits either.
    Like she said, but then I am a mature lady and I try to act like one.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    you might want to invest in some of the medical adhesive tapes to hold them on.
    Unless you have the really good adhesive, which will require adhesive remover too,
    your forms will be sliding down your chest after a few hours, or trips up and down the stairs.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Thanks for the tips everyone!

The chestplates look cool, but expensive. I invested in some good adhesive, and I'll see what I can do to blend with makeup. I'll post some pictures if I'm successful!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have tried to blend mine but never had much luck at it.Full coverage bra is what I use with forms.
    There are tricks for using your own pectorals to create cleavage.

I guess you need to get expert as using makeup to blend in the edges.

I prefer to wear balconette bras, which cover most of the forms. Also, I tend not to wear low-cut tops anyway.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Don't take your clothes off and nobody will notice. It's close to impossible to get the color to match your skin.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Breast forms were originally designed for GG’s who had undergone mastectomies, the form was not meant to replace their lost breast in every facet – the form was meant to be placed in a bra to give the illusion of a breast(s) under clothes. Silicone forms are not designed to replicate human skin.

Since the outer skin of the forms is of a different material, different texture, different color, and has a different elasticity to that of your own skin, I don’t think you are going to have much luck getting the two to match. The form is not going to blend with the skin on your chest, there is going to be a visible joint where the two meet and this joint isn’t going to look natural even if you could make the form look like your skin with makeup.
    You can glue them on but the skin on your upper body moves as you move your arms, bend over, and twist your body; your skin stretches and contracts with these motions. Forms are soft and pliable but not very stretchy. The edges of the forms will pull against this stretching and the bond between the form and the skin will separate; some makeup may actually weaken the adhesive. In time there will likely be an area of bare skin showing from time to time due to this separation and the edges of the form are likely pucker and wrinkle. The skin on a form is a type of plastic I believe that most makeup will not stick very well and will rub off on your clothes.

I only tried double-sided adhesive patches a couple of time; what the heck they came with the forms. My success with the adhesive patches was less than admirable; in fact it was an absolute failure. The forms were too heavy for the adhesive and I decided they were designed to just hold the forms in place while wearing a bra. For this they worked well, but not for very long. The skin on forms is some soft rubbery plastic and when placed tightly against the skin on your chest it induces sweat; the adhesive tabs soon lost their ability to adhere to my wet chest. However at the end of the day I discovered that the adhesive still had very good adhesion to the forms and I spent about thirty-minutes getting it off. Note: The application of adhesive will not reduce sweating and may in fact make you sweat even more; some members have also written that the adhesive irritated their skin and caused a rash, as did the solvent used to remove the adhesive. Don’t rush the removable process as you can easily tear the forms outer shell.

Doc has a good answer, and you can find many pictures of Doc’s assets here on the forum, but the body suits and breast plates that Doc wears don’t come cheap. The breast form store advertises a breast plate that comes in different skin shades and even different breast shapes (perky, full, etc) but costs in the $1200 range – certainly out of my budget.
    Babs

Hi Hammer
    Jean 103 had the best advice, go to Janet's Closet. She has several great videos on her website all about breast forms and how to wear them. She also has very good prices and excellent forms. She sells the Hollister adhesive, which is the same as hospitals use.
    Good Luck to you
    Barbara

Clothing shopping and accessories has many threads on breast forms
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I want to buy Breastforms but need to know the right ones for me and where, any help?
    Thanks
    Carla

Quote Originally Posted by HCarla View Post
    I want to buy Breastforms but need to know the right ones for me and where, any help?
    Thanks
    Carla
    there are a lot of threads about this in the Clothing accessories and shopping area
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Kinda OT, but have you tried the youtube tutorials on "how to create cleavage"?

ebay seller (stephaniesbosombuddies2009) buy the round -they look most natural - trust me

Thank you girls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia9 View Post
    ebay seller (stephaniesbosombuddies2009) buy the round -they look most natural - trust me

I took a chanche and ordered a pair of DD and a bra.They fitted perfect! Pure luck I guess :-)

Most CD need the type of forms which have concave bases. Some of the forms made for mastectomy patients have flat bases, which don't conform well to the natural chest contour of people who have pectoral muscles.

sounds good let us know how it goes.