Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halloween question...

Seriously who else do you need to worry about but your wife. She obviously supports you and seems to be ok with Arianna, be yourself and be happy, we live in a time where divorce is the norm when things don't go our way, as long as you and your wife are happy together there should be no statue of limitation for anything as long as you don't hurt your self or others. So go out there and enjoy yourself and your wife and have a blast.

I think it all depends on two things: how well the people who will be at the party know you, and whether you decide to go in a type of costume.

If people know you well, and if you don't put together a costume that obviously says it's Halloween (like some type of character), then I think that some people (not all) might wonder about you. If you don't care, then have at it. If they don't know you at all, then it doesn't matter. The more outlandish the costume, the less people will wonder, whether they know you or not.

I guess my point is that just dressing like a woman is not costume enough for a CDer. You need some other gimmick, for example Halloween clothes that no one wears when it's not Halloween, especially when people know you well.

Also, I suppose the old gender reversal standby, the "she dresses like a guy and he dresses like a girl" costumes might work, but only if you don't try to pass.

Reine

The more outlandish the costume, the less people will wonder, whether they know you or not.
    for the most part i agree but at the same time i don't think it might weird people out if say... one dressed as some over the top princess / big poofy ballgown + tiara etc

seeing a girl dressed like that for halloween would be quite rare but a guy going all out like that? i'm sure you'd get a LOT of positive attention but just from a perspective of an actual crossdresser i think even i'd be kind of shocked seeing that! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by AriannaRenee View Post
    OK,

For a closeted crossdresser,

But, is there a "statue of limitations?"

Oh, ha ha, funny!
    Yes; By all the laws of Holloween you are only allowed to dress up in he same costume once every ten years. If you use a different wig or outfit it must conform to the "Full Moon" society for the hole in nylon found on Tuesday groups of Europe.

However... If you have fun being you and dressing up who cares what they think? I say this with ease because I do not know your situation nor where you work. I could not dress up before at my previous job nor could I get away with it here as a civilian. But on Holloween at home I am free to do what I want. :-).

Remember if you dressed up last year and you do the same theme this year you may have a quick response ready. Someone will always remember, and ten bucks it would be a GG.

Well, the big party is this weekend. I'm so excited I can barely sleep at night! I'm afraid I'm going to be mentally exhausted by the time of the party! It's a little scary how much mental space it's taking up. I find it hard to think about anything else. I expect its due to being in the closet, this once every 5 years public display is like an epic event!

Well, time to try to get some work done...

dress and have fun.

just please do not drink and drive.

I stopped crossdressing for Halloween because this isn't a costume for me anymore.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

My wife and I don't do halloween, but I may use it as a chance to dress up and go shopping. Wee haw

If your interest is in staying closeted, I would say the concern isn't that you've done this before but how expertly you transform yourself - that's clearly an art that's acquired only with much practice. You might credit to your wife, but you will arouse suspicion among some, no doubt. So what! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by kaytrans View Post
    If your interest is in staying closeted, I would say the concern isn't that you've done this before but how expertly you transform yourself - that's clearly an art that's acquired only with much practice. You might credit to your wife, but you will arouse suspicion among some, no doubt. So what! Have fun!
    My dodge with this is that I always put a lot of effort into my costume, no matter what it is. And it usually involves makeup in some form, because I like to disguise myself (and masks are cheating!) People were blown away by my Kiss makeup. "You did that yourself? Oh my god!" I go all out, and this is no different.

For many of us this is the only time we get to dress. I used a Halloween party as the stepping stone to tell my wife. I wouldn't worry to much about what you think others might think. Nine time out of ten the men that comment wish they had the stuff to dress, and the women that comment wish they looked as good as you.