Thread: traveling

traveling

I am going to san fran thursday and only bring carryon. Can you bring your forms through tsa?

yes, of course. If they ask who's they are, simply tell them you are transgender. Nothing will develop.

Yes you can. Silicone forms in hand luggage will often result in your bag being searched or the forms being run through the X-ray machine again while separate from your luggage. They show up dark in the X-ray scans, thus often generate further interest or inspection. The silicone used in forms is not considered a liquid, thus not subjected to the 3 oz. limitation. TSA has seen way more "odd" things in checked luggage so no worries about them freaking out and embarrassing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    the forms being run through the X-ray machine again while separate from your luggage
    After reading this, my minds vision was you standing at the X-Ray machine while your forms were out for the world to see while being scanned
    HoHo Fun for all :-)

Well Melissa has traveled en femme and so have I. I wore my forms, but made the mistake of also wearing my steel boned Flexee type waist cincher. I passed the first metal scanner, but not the second one. That was when the started that very thorough pat down. I had mine in the middle of the security check area in front of all the rest of the travelers. Many gave me the supporting smiles as they walked by. Everything was done very professionally by a female TSA agent. I was not bothered by it because I expected the worst and got very good treatment.

Enjoy your trip, and when do you get here and for how long? I just may know a friendly guide(s) to show you around.

Mine go everywhere with me.
    I have no trouble.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've only been pulled aside once, in Denver ( the lost and found sometimes capital of the world). They took me to a separate room and asked me a few questions about the forms and clothing I was carrying on my way to Phoenix, Az. I explained I was tg and that was it. The lady checking me was very professional but stunned a bit by my answers.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Just think of them as knee pad refills. You'll be fine. Explaining your high heel pumps would be a lot harder!

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    After reading this, my minds vision was you standing at the X-Ray machine while your forms were out for the world to see while being scanned
    HoHo Fun for all :-)
    The forms were in a plain white box. The TSA agent did not open the box and just passed it through the X-ray machine. He brought back the box without comment or odd behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie
    Explaining your high heel pumps would be a lot harder!
    My carry on bag also had a pair of black pumps, cosmetics and some generic items. The bag was full so almost everything had to be unpacked to get out the box which was at the bottom. The agent put everything back into the bag even after I offered to re-pack it myself. He was polite and professional throughout the entire process. This was before I traveled en femme so I was in male mode. As far as the TSA agent knew, this was my wife's or girlfriend's stuff. I did not act nervous or embarrassed (i.e., normal) which could have been a give-away.

These days I only wear small silicone inserts and not full forms. I have gone through full body scanners and standard X-ray machines wearing the inserts and never been pulled aside specifically because of them. To the machines, they look like the silicone inserts built into some bras. The one time I was pulled aside, I got a quick and respectful pat down by a female TSA agent and was on my way, thus I think it was a random pat down which can happen to anyone.

Yes you can take your forms, but while you are there if anyone hears you call it San Fran, they may run you out of town, it's San Francisco, and the locals take it serious.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

run me out of town. I didnt sat Fris!o that word is bad juju