Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little dose of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Sorry Kim. A dose of reality for sure. You're such a sweetheart, it's really a shame that it had to happen to you. Time for a new dress and a pair of matching pumps. You're a lovely lady, old folks tend to be afraid of everything.
    Lynn, that's not true. At 75, I'm not afraid of everything. Maybe when I get a little older. I hope I get there, older that is. LOL Don't take this seriously, I'm just teasing you.

My take is similar to Amy's but taking it a bit further: As in many neighborhoods there is one person, likely female (sorry but usually true), who has nothing better to do but sit by the window and watch her neighbors. This type is probably over 70, a widow, with a keen eye looking at what's wrong with the attire or the friends of, or the sound from a neighbor's house or who is entering or leaving. She had seen you often enough that she really already knew you were living nearby; however how you walked or some other way you moved or looked "made" you.
    Never, knowingly, seen a CD before --- then as Reine and most of us know comes the fear of what's not understood and then anger and reaction --- hence the police call. I doubt the cop's statement that alluded to more than one of the residents being bothered --- but it's understandable that he would say that. My suggestion is to take another route on your walk. I just did what is no longer PC but willl not wane:
    PROFILING! They do it on TV most every night -fun.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I might have asked why he was bothering me now. There is no law stating how you should look or dress.
    He was checking out a potentially suspicious character in a place where drugs and prostitution roam free. He was satisfied that the person he found was harmless and told him he wouldn't be bothered. Did he offer any sort of protection, like "If someone bothers you, be sure to call 911" or anything like that?

I'm in a hotel right now, one of those extended stay places with a kitchenette, and while I don't always get positive responses, I've never gotten an outright negative response either. And I do my walking around closer to midnight than 8:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    He was checking out a potentially suspicious character in a place where drugs and prostitution roam free.

I'm in a hotel right now, one of those extended stay places with a kitchenette, and while I don't always get positive responses, I've never gotten an outright negative response either. And I do my walking around closer to midnight than 8:15pm.
    I surely hope you are kidding...Upscale RV park with older residents...Not a "clapped out" trailer park! LOL
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum View Post
    My take is similar to Amy's but taking it a bit further: As in many neighborhoods there is one person, likely female (sorry but usually true), who has nothing better to do but sit by the window and watch her neighbors. This type is probably over 70, a widow, with a keen eye looking at what's wrong with the attire or the friends of, or the sound from a neighbor's house or who is entering or leaving. She had seen you often enough that she really already knew you were living nearby; however how you walked or some other way you moved or looked "made" you.
    Never, knowingly, seen a CD before --- then as Refine and most of us know comes the fear of what's not understood and then anger and reaction --- hence the police call.
    DJulie
    In my old neighborhood I called them "watch ladies." Though they weren't quite that old.

One was a little curious and had no problem with me (at least that's what she told me) , the other was very suspicious and judgemental. But neither ever called the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    He was checking out a potentially suspicious character in a place where drugs and prostitution roam free... And I do my walking around closer to midnight than 8:15pm.
    Like THAT isn't suspicious no matter where you are? And I think it would be MORE dangerous to you? But then what do I know.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'd call the local police and file a complaint that there are men and women dressed as men and women walking around the camp grounds at night and you are afraid they might harm you in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I surely hope you are kidding...Upscale RV park with older residents...Not a "clapped out" trailer park! LOL
    The hotel I'm living in is in an upscale neighborhood....

As far as drugs go, though, my experience is that an older couple in an RV is much more likely to ask where to find them than a younger couple in an RV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Like THAT isn't suspicious no matter where you are? And I think it would be MORE dangerous to you? But then what do I know.
    I'm not saying they were right to profile. They got a call, they had to check it out. After checking it out, they decided the call was BS. The cops did their job, and it looks like they did it correctly, based on what we've been told. For that matter, the cops didn't profile.

As for the nosy neighbor, one can speculate, or one can find out who it is. (I'd go find out who it is, but I'm kind of a jerk like that)

As for me going out late at night, this place gets regular patrols by the cops, so I feel relatively safe. And since the only reaction I've ever gotten that appeared negative can be more readily explained by non-CD factors at play.... But then, I'm in NW Austin, and the OP didn't say where she was. Could be an entirely different demographic there (that still finds drugs and prostitution in an upscale RV park, because, well, it's still an RV park)

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I won't excuse intolerance or ignorance. Obviously, many people do not understand. The fact that they do not understand isn't a justification. In the end, it means they either lack the empathy, the information or the imagination to understand that some of us actually do feel the need to dress and live part or all of our lives as women, and that we feel that we have every right to express that part of ourselves both within the privacy of our homes and outside them.
    Yep totally agree but if you retreat and hide in your camper then what are you saying? The cops came and checked you out, I'll bet you everyone in the park knows so if you stop walking around as Kim then you are affirming all of their fears. Yep the cops scared the "perv" back into his camper so he won't be a problem. It takes bravery to continue your walks, be friendly. Most people don't have any experience with cross dressers. Like I said cut them some slack. You are most likely the first real CD they have ever been exposed to. Show them you are just like anyone else. Start inviting some over for a fire pit and a beer. Hold your head high, you are a tax payer and a contributing member of society right? Then pursue your right to be who you are without being a jerk. Just be yourself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim, RV campgrounds have a lot of family's with young children and I guess that it's only natural that some people would be concerned.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Kim, RV campgrounds have a lot of family's with young children and I guess that it's only natural that some people would be concerned.
    I think the coincidence of CD/TG/TS and pedophilia is quite low and if your statement is true then we have a lot of educating to do.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.