Thread: Do I have to explain BOYISH behavior?

Complex Lolita...

Do I have to explain BOYISH behavior?

"We are not gods. We are not men. We are not making claims. We are only boys" (from Conversation by Gary Numan)

Yesterday I was talking to my sister in her room at the back of the house. She often sits in her chair, reading or watching TV, and, from her position, she has a good view of the driveway. As we were talking, one of the little boys next door drove his motorized tractor/cart thingee down our driveway, something he and his twin brother do nearly every day. On this occasion, the boy put on the brakes, turned, and then drove his contraption straight into a bush! He backed up a bit, and then drove back into the bush, for no apparent reason. “Why is he doing that?" My sister asked. I was going to say, “I don’t know...” but I decided to say something better. “Do I have to explain boyish behavior?” I said, with a grin, and my sister, after a pause, said, “No, you don’t.”

Since I’m very much a BOY, I can explain boyish behavior. I think. We have to do things. We have to try things, even if it’s a stupid idea. We can’t help ourselves. We need a sense of adventure, and, if there is nothing else to do, we’ll drive straight into a bush, or go headlong into the unknown. It’s THERE, for one thing, the ubiquitous “situation that presents itself,” which I recently referred to in another post. In short, a boy will try things just for the sake of trying them. I know what I’m talking about – I wouldn’t be sitting here, at my laptop, my numerous paintings adorning the walls, in my adorable pseudo-schoolgirl outfit, trying to connect with invisible people, if I hadn’t TRIED a thing or two in my life...

For me, crossdressing, or the idea of wearing girl’s clothes, just presented itself one day. I jumped at the opportunity to do something really different. No other boys ever told me about this, and I had no influential girlfriends around at the time. Even my female cousin was a tomboy, and we played like boys, so how did I come up with the idea of wearing a skirt, or a dress, or (gasp) girl’s underwear? Maybe there was nobody to play with one fine day, and I looked around for some NEW thing to do. The idea of dressing up like a girl just “came” to me. COOL! After all, being a boy, I did a lot of thinking about girls – why not wear their clothes and “become” a girl, or at least try to look like one?

I should mention, at this point, that I never felt I really WAS a girl. It was obvious. I was obsessed with boyish things like military stuff, trucks, construction equipment, tractors, airplanes, high speed anything, and, of course, death and destruction. Up until I began my crossdressing “career,” my biggest (boyish) thrill was when they let me drive a combine here in Kansas, but, even then, I was beginning to notice girls in a big way. One night, a switch went ON, and most of my boyish proclivities melted away. Oh, there was a brief interest in other boys, and I don’t mean as playmates, but I soon homed in on the world of girls. I drew pictures of girls, replacing my pictures of tanks, trucks, and planes, and I kept on drawing, and drawing, and drawing...

Situations presented themselves, and I tried all sorts of things. The BOY was still there, even though he had to pretend to be a man. I had girlfriends. I painted pictures. I worked. I worked some more. I made mistakes. I kept going. Finally, one day, I tried on girl’s clothes. I liked it. Briefly, I felt different. Not like a girl, mind you, but decidedly less male. The “boy,” by this point, was being willfully submerged, and my choice of clothing reflected that. I thought about this subjugation, in fact I thought a lot about it, but I knew I was still a boy. I figured I must be dressing-up and playing as a girl, no more and no less. Isn’t this what a boy might do, you know, try something for the sake of trying it? “Nothing ventured, nothing gained” was, I do believe, originally spoken by a boy...

I’m not saying that, if given the opportunity, every boy would entertain the idea of dressing-up as a girl, but I think that inherent boyish curiosity makes this (at least) a possibility. I guess it all depends on how you’re programmed, but I’m trying (in vain), not to use that term. I was fortunate to not have any brothers, or even male cousins, so I was largely left to my own devices. Therefore, when the blessed opportunity presented itself, I couldn’t wait to take the plunge. It just made sense, and there was nobody around to say NO. I’m still talking about it, many years later, and I’m still very much a boyish boy of the boy persuasion. I’ll try anything, even if it’s something I’m not supposed to do – it’s in my nature, it’s purely natural, and it is to be expected. Boys WILL be boys, you know...

How would you go about explaining boyish behavior to a female? Is it possible?

Pardon me while I jump, headlong, into that unknown thing over yonder – it’s THERE, and I just gotta know how it feels...

Freddy-
    It seems like a lot of us here have rammed our trucks into the crossdressing bush only to back up and do it again...and again...and again... It didn't kill us the first time. It was kind of exciting, it did not hurt so what the hell why not do it again.

I can't explain it either, but there would be no X-games or other crazy stuff if (mostly) boys didn't have accidents or do something stupid only to back up assess the situation and do the same thing over again.

So please excuse me while I ram my truck back into the CD bush.

I was going to say "chicks dig it" but that didn't work.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Frederique, I just love reading your posts! I love your writing style, I love your subjects, and I love the way you think, the way your mind works and how you express your thoughts. And I suppose that all results in myself feeling a connection and relating to your subjects. And I thank you for that.
    That said, my sincere apologies that I'm not smart enough to figure out how to put those squirmy things over your name...
    Hugs, Jules
    Last edited by Juliea661; 09-05-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

The closest I think I can get to explaining boyish behavior is doing things just because you can.

Aspiring Member
    ......How would you go about explaining boyish behavior to a female? Is it possible?

A tomboy might understand.

Ineke

Boyish behavior would be hard for me to explain! I never believed that I was a boy! I felt that I was a leader not a follower! With that said; I always picked myself up off the ground and got back in the saddle! Ride girl ride!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Frédérique,
    Boyish behavior is just exploring anything that exists.
    ulling things apart and being unable to put them together again.
    Asking inane questions.
    I could go on but there is an old record What is a boy that explains it all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8gQEFr328
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not really. Especially if you are a boy and member of "Boys are us".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi,

I have to think hard about this , just because that hill or mountain is there you have to climb it or is it a quest in boys or men they have to. what about some of our women did they not do the same thing i wont say every woman just a few,

why did you join the armed forces because they were there you liked the uniform. or was it more as well doing things with other boys . men,

i would have to ask the same ? why did our women join the armed forces, why did i . i was seconded to the Navy, i did not have to ask ,

You said to feel what it was like, its in your nature ,though im not sure about this its expected part, maybe it is ,

I did not do things because i was expected to i did them because i thought it was good to do, remember i had a free rein Mom brought me up no father, im glad i never had a father, as it was , well really its more i dont know what a father is not really ,
    did that influance me no because i enjoyed doing things & learning about things what made them go or how it was put together, , so to run my pedal car into the bush..... no way..... i looked after it, 1952, it was made for me . a birthday pressant i think it was , i dont know, no memory just a pic of myself in it,

okay the ? how not sure how to word your ? how do you tell a girl about boyish behavour from a boys point of view or mine as a girl, i think you know me well enough i can not do it from a boys thoughts, i would like to then i may know how a boy / male thinks, or maybe understand what makes you like you are, iv tryed to answer ?'s like this sorry guys i keep failing on this, oh well cant say i dont try.....

...noeleena...

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons
    Not really. Especially if you are a boy and member of "Boys are us".
    I understand my BOY nature a lot better these days, which makes crossdressing all the more...exciting, if that’s at all possible...

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena
    I have to think hard about this , just because that hill or mountain is there you have to climb it or is it a quest in boys or men they have to.
    I wrote the OP because I wanted to show that we MtF crossdressers emerge from all different situations, even arising in the midst of boyish behavior. In my case, crossdressing represented a “hill to climb,” as it were, and I just had to attempt it. I’m glad I did, but I had the time and space, as well as the curiosity, to do so. Looking back, I didn’t attach much gender confusion to the exercise, but that’s just me. For most, crossdressing is a profound expression of self, and I am no exception, but I am firmly grounded in boyish behavior, itself a profound expression...

May I suggest that any female who wishes to tackle a boyish “quest” has a lot of BOY in them? We are manifestations of both genders, compelled to make decisions both good and bad, within our carefully allotted spaces, of course...