Thread: Proud As a Peacock!

Proud As a Peacock!

For years members come to this Forum to declare victory --- they had come out for the first time. For me, closeted both with and without SOs, I had really convinced myself that with all my health issues it would never happen.
    Well two surgeries were put on hold and with Rog nagging at me for years, and just recently Barbara Ellen chiming in too --- I did it!
    Today two trips: First, wearing dark blue pants and light blue tank top and, because it was raining, a short raincoat I headed for the nearest salon. What I needed --- waxed eyebrows to thin and arch - but not too much; and to steam my own hair down so it would lay over ears and in back. Didn't know that I should have brought my brow powder and brush but the young lady said I looked fine without. I talked in a soft voice while she plucked, waxed and steamed --- I think it worked. No odd glances from other customers or beauticians that I could spot. Okay, back home to do brows and off I went to buy groceries. This time with boobs up and prominent -- an 18 hour bra that actually lifts my 38B like a young girl would. Passed men and women in and out of store, cashier said "Mam" as did two other employees! At 88 years a FIRST! Realized too that old CD women can pass easier than young ones, provided they try to dress befitting that generation.
    Enough crowing
    Julie.
    Before someone comments: No, I don't know if anyone "made" me.
    Oh yes, Had to use lady's restroom --- only one of six stalls in use - no problem.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

Congratulations. It sounds like you had a wonderful adventure.

Hugs

Isha

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Hi Julie I am so happy things went well. Sounds like it was quite the day. Really enjoyed your post. Thanks hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Platinum Member
    well, congratulations, Julie! It is remarkable that at 88 you're still breaking new ground. I'm so impressed!

Wait till Friday night when I tell the restaurant staff that my Aunt is having her birthday...Wait till they gather round to sing to you,then I will get your pic to post here!!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Congrats Julia,
    Best wishes and stay well darlin.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Julie,

88 congrats. I am just behind you at 75. I do agree that we older dressers can be get away with passing in public much easier when we wear the appropriate clothing. What is wonderful for us is that we can still derive the satisfaction of dressing. I finished with my business appointments by 1PM, took a short nap, and then dressed for the evening. Strolled around the backyard, took my car to the gas station, and am planning an evening of being dressed. What a joy. Hoping to improve my voice so I can go shopping at the mall.

Julie, great attitude.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice post, Julia! U r living proof of the saying, "Better late than never!" Keep rockin' it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a wonderful post Julie! You should be proud of that! I'm proud of you.

It is always great to be proud and outfront. I know that my life has changed for the better as I have come out.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Oh Julie, I am so very happy and proud of your accomplishments. After reading your memoirs, I knew you had this in you, and you really wanted it. You continue to give me strength. I know I can do it, and will.

Yes, we youngsters can learn from our elders....lol

Hugs,

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Julie,
    A nice achievement.
    I hope you get out more now.
    It is infectious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats hun that's great!!!
    “All men are liars, said Roberta Muldoon, who knew this was true because she had once been a man.”
    ― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Eyebrows, I would say make a huge difference. Number 1 beard, two head hair and 3rd eyebrows! Big bushy ones ruin the look.
    Chickie

Way to go Julie. That is so inspiring! Keep going for it and have fun being a lady.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Julie,

I'm so pleased for you! Way to go!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Okay, I'm impressed! You're 88 and kicked down your closet door. What an amazing woman you are. Find a CD girlfriend or two who can share your experiences. It's so much fun being out with girlfriends.

WTG Julie you are an inspiration to all of us
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Thank you all for the well wishes and encouragement --- so nice to read. Wouldn't you expect it?
    Yep, was out today --- the next day --- to the post office and to buy some more makeup. Three women doing the same thing --- buying makeup --- not even a glance my way! Even in a drug
    store it's sooo expensive, better watch myself, too easy to over spend.
    Friday I expect to meet Rog for dinner. Since it will be evening have a skirt set that I decided to wear and Rog, rightly so, said I'd be cheating if I showed up in a pants set.
    Should be fun. You know what? Haven't given in to health issues these past two days. Next Monday will be back drab for renewing my lease and then? We'll see.
    Julie

You know that I think you should meet with the landlords in girl mode...keep them confused.. Maybe get an "old lady's discount" in that you probably are less apt to destroy the place at age 88! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !