Thread: Sidelined!

Sidelined!

One night a week my spouse and I attend a Weight Watchers meeting. My spouse feels that it is the one night a week she can get me to go someplace en drab and, to please her, I groaningly and uncomfortably go in male attire.

After the meeting we usually meet up with Eryn and her spouse for dinner (Weight Watchers is not a diet and dinners out are O.K.).

Sometimes another couple from the meeting join us. They have seemingly never tipped to Eryn, never made off-line comments to us nor asked any questions.

This time Eryn and her spouse were seated across from each other at one end of the table, my spouse and the woman from the meeting were seated across from each other in the center of the table, and the guy and I were seated across from each other at the other end.

You can see what's happening, right? He and I are swaping guy stories while the four women are chatting up a storm.

Felt kinda weird!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 09-19-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Fixed a one letter typo.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Very strange for you! Hope your wife didn't notice that you CAN do that as she may want you to do it more often!!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Sometimes you have to suck it up and be what your wife expects. It seems this means a lot to her.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Barbara,
    You are only complaining because you think you are missing out on something.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Was he at least interesting to talk to?
    “All men are liars, said Roberta Muldoon, who knew this was true because she had once been a man.”
    ― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Platinum Member
    Weird, I suppose, but its a good thing you can still move gracefully between these conversations.

Goodness! If I could get my SO to go out with me en femme EVER I would be over the moon. Come to think of it, the last time I went out en femme at all was last Christmas*.

In spite of the 1-night-a-week thing, it sounds like you have a good thing going!

*It was a Miss Santa outfit, so it was almost worth a whole years' femme-out time.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Hope your wife didn't notice that you CAN do that as she may want you to do it more often!!!
    She accepts me, enjoys my companionship and we do a lot of fun things together but yes, she has a preference for being with "her man" every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannigurlfriend View Post
    Was he at least interesting to talk to?
    Yes, he is a great guy, a sportsman, and we always have interesting conversations about things not talked about here, including politics. But I was jealous of what was going on at the other side of the table! And I found my doing "guytalk" on one end of the table and Eryn doing "girltalk" at the other end to be a bit amusing.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    You can see what's happening, right? He and I are swaping guy stories while the four women are chatting up a storm.
    It’s the drab clothes, pure and simple…

Banned Read only
    Just think how the other guy would have felt if he was the odd person out among five women.