Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Hour is Just NOT Enough

An Hour is Just NOT Enough

In the beginning of my crossdressing, 10 minutes was enough time to just enjoy putting on girl clothes. But as I have progressed, I find that when I have less than an hour after getting pretty, I just don't want to bother with it. I may just slip into a skirt & top but not the full on makeup. I'll only get made up and dressed if I can be dressed for more than an hour.

Does anyone else feel like this?
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I use make up when I go out the door or am having guests over. Often I skip foundation for excursions during the day.

I dont generally bother for less than 3 - 4 hours

I can usually get dressed in under twenty minutes now a days... that is when I can figure out exactly which outfit to wear. Makeup takes a lot longer.. Under an hour for makeup and hair and I'm doing pretty good.

For just getting home from work and not going out after, I'll just get dressed and hang out at the house...

Living alone makes things a whole lot easier....

Renne.....

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Ditto on that!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim Quickie's are no fun I like a long term relationship at least a few hours or more.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes, I only do it when I don't have to rush. I could probably get ready in 30 minutes if I really tried (and only need a facial shave), but I won't if I can only spend like 45 minutes in fab mode. I never go 'half way', e.g. only some clothes or no make-up.

On a daily basis, just hanging around the house, I am happy and femmy in a skirt blouse and of course the proper under pinnings. If I plan to go out which is very seldom, then I will do the whole hair and makeup bit. So for me there is not much prep time involved. I just get up, slip out of my nighty and into something female and comfortable. My wife likes me this way also, she gets just a bit defensive when I am all dolled up, but she is a good sport and does not say much.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Platinum Member
    Pretty much. I really don't like spending any in male mode...but sometimes it seems that shifting back is hardly worth it for an hour.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-09-2013 at 07:27 AM.

The only time I will dress when I have less than 4-5 hours is when I travel. If I Get back to the hotel by around 4:00 or so I will dress and go out for dinner and maybe shop for a couple of hours. It a nice way to spend an evening when ther is nothing else to do.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

When I get home from work, the guy gets showered off and I'll dress, usually in casual clothing. If it's early, I'll put on makeup - depending on the weather, not in this 90+ stuff- then get dinner, some tv, then computer time.

As Renne points out, it helps to live alone.

Hugs,
    Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Same here, at least where makeup is concerned . . . Clothes is a whole different story!
    Man bag??? . . . No silly, its a purse!

There were times in my life when I was happy to get an hour of being at least partially "dressed". I now live alone and always do my makeup, wig, jewelry, etc. etc. everytime.
    Hugs, Carole

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Before makeup and painted nails an hour or two was ok. Now an hour is just that lovely transition time where mind and body morph to Tina. If I'm limited to one day, all the male stuff has to get dealt with in the morning so that Tina gets the whole rest of the day.

When I'm out of town on business and I know I'll be in and out of the room I keep a pair of very high heels I can slip into as I enter the room. They let Tina be the person in the hotel room no matter how I need to be dressed. In the evening the heels are just the start if the transition.

It's all about being creative.

Gone to live my life
    Because I don't go out, I can be happy just putting on some girly girl clothing (including underpinnings) and lounging around the house . Wig yes, nails (fingers and toes . . . of course . . . pink naturally). Make-up not always as it is labour intensive for me (very new at this and I still look hideous afterwards). We'll have something to eat, watch some television and talk then split up and enjoy some online gaming together.

Hugs

Isha

This is why I HAVE to come out publicly, because I need to be able to just do whatever I want to do dressed. I can't do an hour here or there in private like I've done for the last few months anymore.
    Be whoever you want to be. Screw what others think. It's their loss....

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    If I'm not going to be able to dress for very long I don't bother with trying to do makeup other than maybe putting on some lipstick. I am not very good at makeup and it takes me a long time to do it so its really not worth it if I can't spend at least half a day dressed.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I only dress if it's the full nine yards, and usually it's when I know I'll have at least 24 hours to myself

Before this site an hour was enough to get ready not anymore now Maria is not Maria without the wig and make up.

I used to travel a lot and have whole nights to myself.... I'd do my nails, dress right up. Now I get about 5 hours, but in the middle of the day, until my wife and kids come home. I dress, but it's just not worth it for the makeup

I'm happy if I can have just ten minutes in panties and lipstick. Of course if I have more time I'll go for more clothes and more makeup.

I thought it was a waste of time once.
    You get used to it and practice makes you faster at makeup.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't bother with makeup unless going "out". Usually a good close shave, some cover, foundation, and powder and I'm good for the daily grind. Getting dressed is a 10 minute chore, so about 20 minutes is the norm. Full makeup and the rest, well that's more like 90 minutes!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I feel that way but even worse. I am to the point now that if I cant get dressed for a reason, why bother. I guess it is the pink fog from my first time out a few months ago. I have been so busy at home and I cant go out locally and getting away right now isnt an option. I know I am still the same person dressed or not and that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieKitty View Post
    This is why I HAVE to come out publicly, because I need to be able to just do whatever I want to do dressed. I can't do an hour here or there in private like I've done for the last few months anymore.
    Last edited by Erica Marie; 09-09-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    Erica

I went from being happy to wear a skirt around the apartment to don't even caring to bother unless I'm going out to do something. I don't really get a rush from it anymore. I basically like to look pretty sometimes and want to be out and about, it's too much trouble to lounge around in makeup and a bra.