Thread: What a waste?!?

What a waste?!?

The other day my SO and I where having a major sort-out of our rather cluttered bedroom. Much had been overtaken by a ton of our kids stuff, just sitting around gathering dust.

We where quite brutal this time and bagged up quite a bit to dump.

I was somewhat surprised to see my wife throw away several items of her clothing (some still had the price label on!). Now in the past she would have offered them to me....but not this time??

I felt too embarrassed to ask for them, so out they went. It's like she had forgotten the 25 years she has seen me in a dress!!!

Maybe it's was just a timing thing? I don't dress too much during the summer, for various reasons, including the six weeks my kids are off during the school holidays, so perhaps it just wasn't on her mind at the time? Perhaps she had got so use to that side of things that she doesn't even think about it any more...hence perfectly good clothes being thrown out

You couldn't have suggested donating them? Which you could have handled....
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Hi Sally, She probably figured that you already had plenty of feminine clothes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife tried something similar, only they were bagged for donations to be set out on the curb the next morning. Some didn't make it
    DonnaT

Sally I'm sure it was more of a mindset to get things cleared out... I know nothing is sacred when I get into that state of mind, though lucky for me it's maybe once a decade, maybe two?

I do agree with some of the comments though, the new or newer items could have been donated and it would have been easier to say goodbye...

I think I would have broached the subject.
    Her mindset was probably clear it out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If she gave them to you, she wouldn't have accomplished "getting them out of the house" would she?

1) I would have asked her if I could have them.

2) Please don't take usable items to the dump. Donate them to charity. There are folks out there who need good clothes so they can get a job or go to that job,
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I would have stepped right up and said, "if you're throwing them out I'll go through them first". I'm certainly not bashful in that respect.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have gotten several things from my wife that still had the tags on. Drives me nuts she buys things and never wears them.

We have a rule - she don't wear my clothes and I don't wear hers. Except she found one of my long dresses which fitted her perfectly (but not me anymore boo-hoo) and that is now hers. Though we also have similar tastes i will not buy the same clothes as my wife. Works out OK.

Gloria.

It might be that she was in the Git 'Er Done Zone and didn't stop to consider.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Like everyone else has said, she probably just wanted to get it cleaned out. I've been there. I will watch an episode of Horders and end up throwing a TON of stuff out (donating anything worth donating, and trashing anything not worth donating). When I get into that mindset there isn't a second guess. If my first instinct is to get rid of it, its gone. No questions asked. I have gone through some of my feminine clothes and donated some that I don't think I'll ever use again. It happens. I hope that she at least donated them and didn't just send them to the dump. That would be a waste for sure!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Sounds like she was in a cleaning groove and did not want to keep the clutter in a different drawer. My wife never throws anything out, I am the one that has to go through things and convince her that stuff needs to go. We donate her clothes to charities and churches. I am a size 16 and she is a 2 so passing things on to me is just not in the cards. I usually wear my male clothes to the point of them turning into rags and then use them to wipe up oil in the garage. Any of my female clothes that I no longer wear go with hers to the Goodwill which is where many of them came from in the first place. LOL!
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

If you were part of the process, you should have intercepted them...otherwise she probably just assumed you didn't want them.
    Chickie

I agree with the "she may have been in a get it done mindset" theory about this. I would have atlest spoken up and said, "Hey! This stuff still has the tags on it! That is a both and econome and envernmental waste to just send it to the land-fill!!! Yard-sale it, Goodwill it, or give it to me!"

It was clearly stuff that she regretted buying, stuff she didn't get to wear, and would never wear. Of course, as it was no longer in style, it had to go. Women don't give away stuff that they couldn't see anyone wearing, or didn't want to see someone else wearing (for example, if you wear the same size, she'd be mortified if YOU could fit into something that she could no longer wear, or if you'd look better in it than she would). Just a few reasons. Let it go.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    She should have donated them, or even better, tried to sell them, on eBay or at a trans swap meet or such. It would be a good way to recoup at least some of the money wasted.

They often throw away peoples' stuff on shows like "Hoarders" because, in those extreme situations, the stuff is so filthy and unsanitary it is hazardous.

My wife will usually do her spring cleaning and leave the bag in the bedroom and tell me to take what ever I want but also tells me to only pick the things I am going to wear, she doesn't want it from one closet collecting dust to the other closet collecting dust. When I go threw her things I usually have my eye on something that I seen her wear before.