Thread: Entering uncharted waters!

Entering uncharted waters!

I'm of an age now where some of my children are either working or will soon be at college/uni. All of them are still living at home.

For the past several years I have been fortunate enough to work from home, so plenty of 'me' time. No worries about any of my kids just turning up out of the blue back then (I knew they'd be at school). But things are changing! My eldest is working shifts and flexi-time(but still with us) and my second born will be off to college next year (probably local, so still living at home).

To cap it all off I've just started a new outdoor business (why? OH why? have I done that!!!), so I think I'm heading for a prolonged period in ghastly man mode.

Perhaps I've been spoilt? But I dread the thought of grabbing the odd day once a month to be female

I guess I'm in the same boat as many CD/TG girls who have to cope with long periods without being oneself.

Platinum Member
    I know the feeling, exactly, Sally. About 8 months ago, I agreed to do a stint as interim director of a non profit enterprise. It requires me to work out of town and to spend my days in ghastly man mode. For the previous four years, I'd worked from home and was able to enjoy 24/7 me time. (but for a few months here and there when one of our daughters was living with us). Its a bit of a strain...and I can't wait to escape the office at the end of the day. And I cant wait to get home on the weekend!

It may seem like an eternity now but time passes quickly and so do situations.
    It is frustrating but change is always there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gosh, Sally , I'm about to experience the same thing. And it's frustrating. I'm a single father with a daughter who is going to be home a lot more now. My ex walked out a few years ago leaving me to raise up my daughter on my own but she still visited her mother at least twice a week and stayed over night and often the entire weekend, giving me lots of time to be en femme.

The thing is that my ex lived close by so it was easy for my daughter to go there. However, last week, my ex moved out of the city and my daughter will probably only go out there to visit once a month now.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my daughter around, we get along so well together but it's going to be tough not to be able to get out of bed in the morning and go to the kitchen to make coffee in my nightie, or lounge around in a wig, make up and heels all day.

I'm going to be a nut case for awhile until I adjust...good lord give me strength
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Dalva,
    Everyone has to do it in their own time but I told my daughter last weekend about who I really am and she told me I'd be welcome to her graduation wearing a dress. Now if only my son can understand?
    Chris

Platinum Member
    H Sally, They will grow up and move on soon enough just be thankful for a great family and a good job
    your free time will come sooner or later.

Been there and done that.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When they got older I thought it was going to be easier, boy was I wrong. My daughter works full time so she is home at night now were as before she would work part time at night. My son is in collage and works part time so he comes and goes, all different shifts and late early classes, I used to try to keep track of what he was doing but I gave up because I was going crazy trying to work in a few hours for myself. I feel like when I do get a chance with little warning I am either to tired or not being sure how much time I have and can't be bothered. It's not easy that's for sure.

Opportunities will present themselves! Our youngest two are still home and attending a local college. Tuesday and Thursday evening they both have classes and are usually out with friends on Wednesday! Each semester is different but there has always been opportunities!

Genny B