Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you see?

What do you see?

Obviously when someone posts on here, whether beginning a thread or responding to one and there is no avatar of them en femme, it's left up to the imagination what they may look like and if they look like a woman when dressed. My question is for those who do post avatars and other pics of them en femme, what is your first impression? Do you see a man or a woman? I realize it may depend on the makeup and dressing skills of the person presenting. If you weren't told, however, would you know the difference at first glance? Just curious.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    From a picture alot of times it is hard to tell. And I think that is my hang up personally. When I look in the mirror I just see myself in girls cloths. Yet alot of times I look in the mirror and feel like a girl in boys cloths. But many people comment how nice I look. So either a picture can help you transform or people are just that polite. Either way there are alot of very beautiful people here.
    Erica

Kate,

This is an interesting question. My answer is that it depends on the photo... in some photos I feel that I'm looking at a man, others just a not so attractive woman! LOL

So my suggestion is to take tons of pictures...

Does that help?

Amanda

I would say, based from my experience so far, that some make it very hard to tell the difference, and some don't.
    Transgender girl

An avatar whether real or not does place a subliminal message in the mind of the respondent.
    A male image does portray a man, a drawing of a fairy does convey personality, and a constant changing of attractive film stars also conveys a pleasant feel towards the person concerned.
    A real image of the person may not always attract replies as some are attracted by exciting images.
    Some would trust John Wayne but reject a Boris Karloff image.
    Who wants to take advice from Frankenstein.
    Hmmm!
    Have I made my point clear, probably not.

Brilliant thought...
    Your avatar conveys your percieved personality to others.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 09-07-2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Brilliant thought.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kate, it's funny, as I read your post (and everyone's with a fem avatar) I hear the voice of a woman. Even though 99% of the avatars aren't quite passable, I tend to forget that there's a man underneath each photo.

I haven’t dressed up in many years, so I have no photos of myself to use. Hence the little fantasy picture that shows the kind of activity that still goes on in my mind. I’m too old to embody the slim-but-buxom, ready-for-action look that I used to enjoy seeing and feeling on myself. Some of the older CDs/TSs that I see here, while lovely, nonetheless look like … well, like senior citizen women. No thrill there for me.

As for the younger-looking pictures I see here, some work wonderfully, and I think, ”She’s cute,” or “How adorable,” and sometimes, in spite of the actual non-female equipment that I know is probably in the person’s panties, I even have a pleasant response of physical arousal.

Do I see a woman in an avatar picture? Often. Man? Also often, and sometimes in the very same picture. The glory of it is that the array of pictures here reflects the diversity of the people who posted them: big or small, skinny or fat, beautiful or homely, old or young, shy, funny, whimsical, artistic, sexy, proud, and more--everything is here in this little corner of the world that we have all discovered as a safe place to open up and share ourselves, each in our own way.

The reason I posted this is that even though I know I'm a man and enjoy being one, when I get into femme mode, I pretty much get into the spirit of it and take on the mantle and role more or less despite plumbing. Your results may vary but that is basically how it is for myself. I just wanted to see if the presentation and effect extended beyond the person in the pic.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I always try to see beyond the photo. I find photos to be quite limiting, frankly ... they show only one moment in time, a moment of the person's choosing. I don't see most folks that way.

That is my reason for not having one of myself. I have only ever gotten one photo of myself that I felt was cute, and of course I lost that one, so any photos of myself that I've posted on here are quite ugly, so I have chosen not to have an avatar.

Despite the avatars that show what one would take as a lovely woman, I am on crossdressers.com after all, so it is my assumption that most of the avatars are men. Yes, some women cross-dress, and truly those are more difficult for me to distinguish ..

Really, though, what does it matter? Postings are from the heart, not the outer person, and that is who I choose to "see".

Aspiring Member
    When I see a photo, I look for a sense of that person's innate femininity. It is a combination of their confidence and individual style. Male or female is immaterial, I am more interested their pride in being feminine.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Eric Marie , your avatar looks great . You look like a pretty, petite woman. That is a compliment to your hard work to pass / blend as a woman. Don't have any doubts about yourself.

Some come off as pure female in photographs, but just a few, many come off as almost there, and some just don't come close, depends on the experience of the person presenting, and on each persons DNA, some of us can't help but look like a full back in a dress, but some of the petite members can get away with anything.
    But for me, I take it as presented, if your trying to look like a women, then I'll try to see you as a women.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Interesting question, I enjoy posting pictures of myself it seems to be part of my en femme persona. I think knowing what the other person looks like is helpful but not really necessary if their not comfortable doing it. Either way it's pretty much left up to ones imagination what the other people look like. I'm guessing here most people assume it's a man, after all it is called Crossdressers.com. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    The reason I posted this is that even though I know I'm a man and enjoy being one, when I get into femme mode, I pretty much get into the spirit of it and take on the mantle and role more or less despite plumbing. Your results may vary but that is basically how it is for myself. I just wanted to see if the presentation and effect extended beyond the person in the pic.
    As I start as a skinny, linear male, dressing adds the curvey dimension. There's also the weight distribution from forms and shoes. The change in posture, projection and gait seem to create a perception of femininity that emulates outwardly into visual presentation. I really see woman in the mirror especially with full makeup and accessories.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Unless I know different,I see the woman.Recently I was at a festival where there were quite a few CDs,and the guy I was hanging out with(not a CD)picked them out before I did.

It varies immensely from person to person...some look to me like women, some in between and others like a guy in a wig. Of course that's all dependent on the beholder.

And, just occasionally, one or two who look like Jeremiah Johnson. (Paying honor to the awesome Ms. Kim :-) ) Hugs, Michelle

It really depends. Over time the avitars have gotten better so now I have a difficult time telling the difference between GG avitars and CDers. A lot of times, it is style, or subtle things that gives someone away. If it helps ease your mind, as someone who enjoys CDing, I am constantly critiquing people's faces and there are a lot of female movie stars that have some very male features on their faces. So to most people they probably can not see the male in an average context, but if you are an expert and looking at a CDer's forum....well, the balance is not I your favor.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    My question is for those who do post avatars and other pics of them en femme, what is your first impression? Do you see a man or a woman?
    Whether there is an avatar or not, I most definitely feel either male or female vibes from some our members through their writing. While others are more ambiguous. I barely look at avatars when I'm reading posts.
    Reine

What's my first impression when I see a picture of myself trying to present as a woman? I usually just see myself trying to present as a woman. Every now and then I do surprise myself with a pretty good picture and those usually end up here

What's my first impression when I see a picture of a fellow forum member? Well, on a cross-dressing forum, I can't really have a first impression on someone's gender/sex because that's a foregone conclusion. If I didn't know what/who I was looking at in advance, some might have actually fooled me and I think a select few are fully unrecognizable as a man in (some of) their pictures.

I'm actually pretty curious about Reine's male and female vibes and other people's ideas on that. I don't think I'm really good at discerning those vibes, unless someone's really masculine in their writing. I don't even know my own vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I'm actually pretty curious about Reine's male and female vibes and other people's ideas on that. I don't think I'm really good at discerning those vibes, unless someone's really masculine in their writing. I don't even know my own vibes.
    Some people are more intuitive than others. This was confirmed in personality tests I took during marital sessions at the behest of therapists, when my ex and I were trying to save our marriage ... they were not online fun tests. I've often wondered if a high degree of intuition comes from a history of being codependent.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, I want to see each member of this forum as a lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I change my avatar quite often and is usually the picture that most closely reflects my feeling at the moment...I have use boy picture on a few occasions

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I change my avatar quite often and is usually the picture that most closely reflects my feeling at the moment...I have use boy picture on a few occasions
    I do this a lot as well Barb. As Reine says who we are inside tends to show through with our words and feelings conveyed despite the pictures we use.

On some of them it's hard to tell. I have a decent pic of me in my phone but it won't change my avatar. Wish I could get it on my tablet.

Just managed to change my profile pic. I must have clicked the wrong box before.

Does the new profile pic have to get approved. It still hasn't changed on my posts.

Aaah, got it. I was getting mixed up between my profile pic and my avatar.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-08-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button