Thread: Making a Boring Job a Little more Fun...

Making a Boring Job a Little more Fun...

We were doing a little renovation at our home and the contractor needed a very large closet cleaned out in order to gain access to it. Nothing worse than cleaning out an old closet with all of the "stuff" that you think you will need sometime/some day, but I decided to make the task a little more fun.

My SO was gone on an all-day shopping trip so I had the house to myself. She's very supportive of my dressing from time to time but it was nice to be in my own little world while cleaning out the closet. Off came the guy clothes and they were replaced with one of my favorite daytime outfits, a leotard and tights! Since I would be crawling around a lot in the closed, I chose some older tights and a matching leo. The time seemed to fly by as I cleaned, sorted, threw away, swept and rearranged the contents of that closet. With all of that crawling, bending & stretching, the leotard was a great choice and seemingly in no time, the job was done. Nothing like a change from the normal to make a boring task more fun!

And... before you ask... NO, I'm not going to clean your closets too! Don your favorite leotard and tights then do it yourself!

Lacy PJs

Love it. I often to slip into leotards and tights to do my work about the house, assigning myself to stay leotarded until the task is complete, easy enough to slip something on over them to answer the door or step out.
    Being in the skin tight leotard and tights energizes me and I enjoy the feeling of moving unrestricted by binding clothing. My wife once bought me a white Isotoner unitard with pink stripes down the side as a gift. The saleslady told her that she had one and loved to wear it vacuuming. Guess how I was expected to dress to do the vaccuuming after that, no complaints. If you were close to some of us you might have had willing helpers in leotards and tights to make the chores go faster.

sounds fun! as a closet case (to the outside world), I relish the opportunities like this to get dressed and "do something"

Platinum Member
    Hi Lacy, It's always fun to dress up and do house work.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

An excellent suggestion and I know a lot of others practice the same habits when cleaning house.
    It does help pass the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I heard a friend complaining about her two sons. She said she was going to punish them by making them wear a frilly dress and clean house.
    I thought, that's not punishment, in fact I'll come over, wear the frilly dress and clean your house . Hahahaha
    Stephanie

Gone to live my life
    Funny, my wife is quite happy when I dress up as Isha because I love to do a lot of things around the house en femme (cooking, cleaning) as it makes it much more fun. However, I am sure the shine of that novelty will wear off and we'll be back to heads you vacuum, tails I do. Although, I'll never give up cooking en femme or male mode (enjoy it too much) .

Hugs

Isha

To tell you the truth I have some fem cloths put aside as working cloths, like an older skirt and worn out pantyhose.

For every job that must be done... there is an element of fun!

I always loved that song. Good for you!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Yesterday I put on a dress and got out the vacuum. Dressing and housework make a good combination!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs
    Making a Boring Job a Little more Fun...
    I used to do a lot of driving, along the same roads, to art shows in New England, over and over. It could get tiresome at times. When I began crossdressing, in the very first week, I think, I came up with the idea of being crossdressed while I was driving to one of these distant locales. My CD’ing worked wonders, keeping me alert and awake at all times, feeling cool and comfortable (and somewhat vulnerable), making a fun adventure out of the same old grind. It wasn’t until I came to these crossdressing sites that I learned about others who had a penchant for driving whilst dressed, or doing things while dressed to make those things more FUN...

Tights? Leotards? Sure, whatever floats your boat...

Housework was always a good excuse to put on a maid's uniform, with all the 'trimmings'. I'd force myself to leave on the heels, even after they started to hurt, until all the chores were done. It was one way to make sure everything got done. I don't clean my place as much anymore; I guess I'm falling into typical batchelor behavior. Oh well, there's an up side and down side to everything, I guess.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    NO, I'm not going to clean your closets too! Don your favorite leotard and tights then do it yourself!

What if I go there and help you next time?

Just kidding.

I do the same. If I'm home alone and I have to clean up, leotard and tights and I get the job done. Or, another favorite of mine for the summer time, one piece swimsuit and a short.

I will sometimes do chores dressed, but for a lot of things, it's easier to put on the jeans and T shirt and do it like a man. No worry about the wig getting dirty or caught on something, no worry about the boobs sliding around, no worry about getting my nice things dirty or torn.

I can't get my mind around dressing as a woman specifically to do cleaning, wash dishes, etc. It seems pretty sexist to me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

This is about the only way I can get myself to do any housework or cooking. And I am so wrapped up in the role boredom never comes into the equation. This has been a great tool for my late wife and my current wife to put me to work when I wouldn't even consider it without the Dressing and role-play. Did I mention I like dressing and role reversal? If not, I think I do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I love cleaning while dressed like a girl. I Always wear high heel while cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    I do the same. If I'm home alone and I have to clean up, leotard and tights and I get the job done. Or, another favorite of mine for the summer time, one piece swimsuit and a short.
    Yes, a one-piece would work as well... although I do like those tights!

Lacy PJs