Thread: Hair dilemma: Any help appreciated

Hair dilemma: Any help appreciated

Erm, well I've just joined today really. I was feeling a bit lost. I don't know if this is a thing or not but after I finished uni I realised I was swinging back and forth mentally between male or female. It's not quite like 2 personalities, it's the same basic personality but sometimes I am definitely a guy and sometimes definitely a girl. Now I was born female and have just started going back into guy mode.

I'm struggling on a decision now, what to do with my hair. My hair is shoulder length now, quite nice hair for a girl. I used to get it cut to about an inch long on the top but I'm not sure if I'd regret that when I swing back into girl mode. It took me 2 years to grow it this long. Are there any other options here or am I stuck with short hair and wearing wigs on the odd girl week (or for fashion shows I'd already signed for)? I've never tried being a guy with long hair so I really don't know.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Plenty of guys have long hair these days and I think if you get it cut you'll just regret it Have you seen Brad Pitts hair? his is long but it's also a manly cut, but it could be feminine as well Just google men with long hair and get some ideas.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I find long-haired men incredibly attractive (all other factors being equal) aesthetically speaking. It would help if we had a pic of you to see but I understand if you're not "out" and don't want to do that.

I also want to be able to have the opportunity to "play girl" when I want and for now I keep my hair short (because it means much more to me to get "sir"'ed than "ma'am"'ed), but I am about to invest in a wig so I can continue to play with gender to my heart's content. I think if you like the idea of being a long-haired guy, stay with it long. When I'm on enough T to get "scruff," I will probably grow mine back out.

Banned Read only
    I like your thinking....YAY

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    It would help if we had a pic of you to see but I understand if you're not "out" and don't want to do that.
    I don't actually know how to do that.

I have to agree, Hair length can be whatever you want.
    However you feel most comfortable. Just do what you want.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Would still be nice if someone could tell me how to put a picture up. Might help illustrate what I mean.

Hi Geordie, welcome!

I've done a google image search for "androgynous haircuts". There are lots of ideas here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=andr...w=1028&bih=626

In the post above mine, you wrote: "Would still be nice if someone could tell me how to put a picture up. Might help illustrate what I mean."

Have a look at these instructions:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...aq_attachments
    Reine

Mine is about shoulder length and I just low pony tail it in guy mode.

My hair length at the moment. Hopefully you can also see what I mean about it being really nice hair too.

IMG000078.jpg

Also thanks for everyone giving suggestions on hair styles. Some of them are a little short but I might give one or two a go.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieTerrier View Post
    I don't know if this is a thing or not but after I finished uni I realised I was swinging back and forth mentally between male or female. It's not quite like 2 personalities, it's the same basic personality but sometimes I am definitely a guy and sometimes definitely a girl. Now I was born female and have just started going back into guy mode.
    It's a thing, it's known as Bi-Gender, I've got a bunch of good links on the subject if you're interested

In regards to your hair style in that photo, I know tons of guys with hair just like yours. In fact you look remarkably similar to my friend Alex. Most of my bi-gender friends are male assigned at birth and have long natural hair like yours in girl mode then just tie it back for guy mode. I'm actually the other way round, where I let it hang naturally in guy mode and comb it over and clip it into place for girl mode or occasionally wear a wig.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Not much help here but I would go with the guy with long hair look.
    More worthwhile than cutting it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    It's a thing, it's known as Bi-Gender, I've got a bunch of good links on the subject if you're interested
    That might actually help thanks though I'm mostly just figuring out how best I can cope.

To everyone in general thanks for taking the time. It's helped me get a bit of confidence to experiment around a bit with the long hair in guy mode, see what works for me.

I strongly recommend signing up to www.bigender.net/forums very good site that I'm quite active on too, and also checking out these video channels by myself and a couple of members from BGdN

Me: http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfNM1234/videos

Paige: http://www.youtube.com/user/jargoabendroth/videos

Brin: http://www.youtube.com/user/BrinConvenient/videos
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Amazing Member
    My hair is medium long. I use a hairnet, and tuck it inside and then a shortish male hairpiece/unisex wig in gray, (guys generally don't colour their hair), which I had professionally guy-cut styled, over the hairnet. Works for me.

Actors use professional hair-net thingies instead of a plain hair net. Get them on the Internet.

Last time I CD'd I went in an improvised camo battle dress uniform, so it was logical to conceal my longish hair under a camo bandana. When my hair started to fall down, outside the bandana, I used an elastic to tie it back in a short pony-tail. (I did not want to wear my soldier's helmet, for fear some nervous nellie would call the SWAT team in.) Nice fun for Halloween, and nobody thought anything strangely noticeable about me, though if I had tried to use the men's washroom, I would have had to pass up the urinal, but then some men do too.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 10-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Hey I'm like that too!

I'm a born female bigender person, and I had long hair for more than 10 years. When I started to become more comfortable with my gender and started to accept the reality, the first thing I did was to cut my hair very short.

I'll never let my hair grow again. Never. I love it, it's androgynous and easy to wash.

But if I did cut my hair 10 years ago, I would cry a lot because I was very attached to my hair and I was mentally prisioned in the female spectron. This type of decision should be something to think a lot before doing it. Maybe a few months... Be sure you're not so attached to your long hair to cut it. When I cutted, I was going nuts looking myself in the mirror, like a dysphoria (with my hair).

I love my short hair even on girl mode. Depending on how you do it, it can be girly too (if you want of course).

I've experienced similar issues with my hair. As a kid, I wanted it short and in a boy's cut. However, my family was not understanding about my needs at all so they forced me into having a long feminine style. It ended up growing down to the uppermost part of my bum, but I still wasn't happy. I absolutely hated not having any control over my hair and it wasn't until I was 16 that I was given "clearance" to cut my hair. However, I could not do with it as I pleased… I initially wanted a pixie cut but I changed my mind because of my mother's negative reaction. I ended up getting it cut to my shoulders, but I still wasn't happy. I wanted it shorter. So, I got it cut to my chin and then I made the decision to let my hair go back to its natural waves. While I really like how it looks now, there are still times where I wish that I could go shorter and more masculine.

I think that you should go with whatever makes you comfortable and happy. If you cut it short, I suggest that you cut it gradually instead of chopping a large portion out. This way you can take the time to see what looks and feels the best instead going for a drastic change all at once.

I actually find the suggestions to cut it slowly a little funny. My facebook is full of pictures of me in guy mode with short short hair. I have no problem with short hair but in girl mode I really want long hair and I prefer my own hair quite frankly. I'm considering other points also but just wondered on any tips for mine. I've discovered I rather enjoy a pompadour as a guy but it's quite difficult.

I'm going through this same thing right now...Right now, I have shoulder-length hair. I've had long hair and I've had short hair but I'm not sure which one I want, atm. One cool thing I did a few years ago though was I grew out my hair and then had a portion of it cut short and layered ^_^ When I wanted short hair I would put the long part in a braid and hide it underneath my shirt and when I wanted to have long hair I would just leave it loose and brush the layers into it. It was a really fun hairstyle though it's best if you have really thick hair before trying it. Hope that helped! ^_^