Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Feminine Euphoria"

"Feminine Euphoria"

I am wondering if anyone else experiences what I call feminine euphoria. This is when I am doing something quite ordinary while dressed and out of nowhere I am overcome by a wave of feelings that begins in my center and spreads throughout my body. It is almost sexual. I am 60 years old and do not dress for fetish sex. I dress for the peace it brings and these episodes are not related to anything sexual. They just happen out of nowhere usually when I am most happy with being dressed. This week it happened while I was cleaning up the kitchen and I saw myself reflected in the patio door and was instantly overcome to the point of having to hold onto the counter until it passed. Later I thought about the issue and was overcome again There is no rhyme or reason to this, it just happens. I have not discussed it with my wife because I do not want her to get the wrong idea about why I dress. I have wanted to ask this question on this forum for a long time but was apprehensive about the nature of the subject. Does anyone else experience anything like this?
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Yes, it happens to me too. I think it comes in degrees, as to how it effects people.

What were you wearing? I want to wear whatever you had on!!!

Melissa, I was wearing a knee length denim skirt with a light pink tee type of top and of course panties and a bra, no forms nor was I in wig and makeup. I was not dressed sexy really, just basically female casual. It seems to happen when I just feel very female rather then sexy.

Amy Lynn, thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I get that feeling when I'm dressed (home or out) and forget that I am dressed. When the realizatin hits me (I'm dressed) that feeling this is just right comes over me. This it?
    joank
    Southern California

Hey Ellen
    I completely understand I have had similar experiences. For me I think it is because I finally feel like I am being me and expressing who I am and want to be and am at peace with it. While it is not really sexual it is almost orgasmic especially in the after glow

Yes!Almost every time I dress.Like you,it's not a sexual fetish at all with me.I don't know what it is,but euphoria describes it pretty well.Just last night I was watching a movie and before I even realized it,and for no apparent reason,I hugged my boobs and said out loud,"god I love being a girl"(fortunately I live alone),and a feeling of peace and happiness came over me that I've never gotten from anything else.This happens quite often.Glad to hear I'm not the only one.XO Barbara

Oh, yes! Sometimes I am just sitting reading or whatever and I get this "euphoric" feeling just from looking at my skirt or shoes or fingers (especially if wearing a pretty polish)!
    Hugs, Carole

I find it very similar to a "runner's high" It is definitely not sexual for me but more of a feeling of tranquility.

I definitely experience an endorphin rush during & after dressing. Consider yourself lucky if you experience it because it doesn't happen with everyone.

Oh, yes, most every time I dress. A wave of contentment.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ellen, The Euphoria hits me as soon as I open the closet door.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Of course Hon. This happens when we are deeply in touch with our core self or essence.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Ellen Jo
    For me it manifests itself in a number of ways. If I've painted my toes (usually with something loud) and happen to glance down, I get the giggles. I'll walk by a mirror and glancing over my shoulder, I see Her (the woman I could have been) just for a fraction of a second. I don't think these responses are sexual; more a feeling of inner peace and momentary contentment. Perhaps it's because I spend about 95% of my time alone (except for the doggies) and dressed, but I don't think so.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Sort of like escaping into my own little world.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    The rush of endorphins take me to another world as well.
    It's the best recreational drug I know of.

I too have and get the same type of feeling(s). For me it seems to occur most often when I can see myself in a mirror or when I hear my heels make "that sound" on a tile floor!!!!!! I also get that feeling when I am putting on my bra and have to pause for a moment in order to catch my breath. I am well into my 60's (ugly age) and have had these feelings for a long while.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I do believe that this is a thing, EllenJo! For me, it often expresses itself as a feeling of warmth over my entire body while dressed, a phenomenon I think of as "the feminine aura." It's not a sexual thing, though, just a happy glow that comes over me.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I know what you mean the way it just comes out of nowhere, I am doing something cleaning or just relaxing and I may make a move and the feeling of something like my legs rubbing together or passing a mirror and notice something and then that feeling run threw the body, almost like a happiness feeling or it just feels good.

Felt it many times . . . . . . . but not often enough. Usually when I'm most satisfied with my look, and have forgotten that fact, and catch a quick reflection of myself in a mirror or window. It's truly an "Ahhhhh!" moment each time. Sublime blissfulness.

Recently I was sleeping with forms attached, new panties, night wig, and a mostly see-through nighty. I got up in middle of night to tinkle and caught a glimpse of this beautiful woman reflected in the moonlit mirror. I almost cried in happiness.

Regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I periodically go into what I call a "Pink Haze Phase" where dressing up leads to more dressing up. I first went out as an adult near Halloween time so this time of year it tends to hit. Sometimes I even schedule vacation days for a four day dress up weekend in someplace like Provincetown, MA. Now that I have some en femme social relationships and support it tends to be more steady state but I still have ups and downs.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Jo
    I am wondering if anyone else experiences what I call feminine euphoria. This is when I am doing something quite ordinary while dressed and out of nowhere I am overcome by a wave of feelings that begins in my center and spreads throughout my body.
    Yes, that’s happened to me, kind of a moment of awareness caused by wearing my favorite fetishistic clothing in unfamiliar surroundings, i.e. I somehow transcended my existence. Sounds profound, but these things happen, and you can’t really explain it to anyone. Perhaps the two genders, inherent in us all, become merged, and the energy thus produced spreads outward, to all points north, south, east and west. Or, you could say that your girly clothes simply make you HIGH...

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    This happens when we are deeply in touch with our core self or essence.
    I guess I'm not in touch with my core self or essence. I don't recognize the feeling you all are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    For me it seems to occur most often when I can see myself in a mirror or when I hear my heels make "that sound" on a tile floor!
    And for the record, I hate that sound my heels make on a hard floor. It makes me feel like I'm bothering everyone, announcing myself in this annoying way. Makes me want to take off my shoes and walk in my stocking feet instead. I should say that I don't get annoyed when other women make that tapping sound with their shoes. So I guess it's irrational of me to worry that I'm imposing myself on those who hear it. But I do worry.

I'm sitting here watching football and wearing my new blue dress. I'm happy and content, but it's more about the dress than the game.

I wouldn't call it 'euphoria'; it was more or less the constant tactile and visual reminders that I was wearing what I was supposed to wear. When dressed as a guy, without any activity going on, I always felt that I was 'dressed wrong', that I was supposed to be wearing female clothing. Girl clothes felt and looked different, and that alone made me feel better, relieving the 'dressed wrong' constant feeling that was always in the back of my mind. I tried walking around the house naked, but that didn't feel right either. When I gave up crossdressing a few months ago, one of the things I try to keep in mind is that real girls wear what I'm currently wearing too. Other than my briefs, lots of women wear polo shirts, jeans, plain white socks, etc.. So if I wanted to believe that I'm still wearing what a girl normally does, I can; but the world around me has no idea that's what I'm doing. So the fact that lots of women wear men's clothing is a plus for me. But to be totally honest, I do miss wearing the cheerleader uniforms when watching the games.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, like others I have had that feeling usually when seeing an unexpected glimpse of myself in a mirror. DonnaLee, I agree totally - painted toe nails do it for me too as do a new pair of shoes or a bra (I'm compulsive on both - gotta stop, I keep telling myself). But it's a super feeling and one which I cherish. Never had anything even remotely like that in drab. In my sixties too - perhaps we ought to have special group and all grow old disgracefully.

Gloria