Thread: Blush Inducing

Daniella Argento

Blush Inducing

So I have recently decided to step up my activities to include make up. I have tried once or twice before but the results were so dire that I stopped trying. Being here has inspired me to try again.
    This involves building up a stock of items. I am gradually building up my stocks. I went to the supermarket today and I got some lipstick and some eyeshadow along with other 'normal' stuff.
    I put my shopping on the counter and waited for the lady in front of me to finish. The cashier thought the lipstick and eyeshadow were for the lady and put them on to her bill: a long wait followed whilst the supervisor was called to reverse. We were all quite embarrassed.
    BUT my stocks are growing and I will soon be ready to try again.
    YAY
    Laters
    Dani

Silver Member
    Good for you to "decide to step up your activities to include makeup"! It will seem to take a lot of practice to "get it right", but it can change your entire outlook of who you are, plus cover up any facial skin problems. Go slow, practice, and compare shade foundations, eyeshadows, blush, and lipstick. There are many good brands at reasonable $ to choose from. Also consider finding a picture of a GG who has the "look" you would like to try. Most big name brand stores in a mall have cosmetic SA's that usually are open about helping anyone with facial skin issues. It may be more $, but they can give you ideas as to what your skin needs and colors to give you a natural image or a party look. Be sure to take before & after pics too.

So who blushed more.... you or the store clerk? lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Daniella Argento
    I tried to play it cool but I definitely went
    I think the clerk was pretty embarrassed too.
    The (older) lady in front of me was not impressed to say the least.

I usually just pick up my grocery list and say let's see yes I hope this is what my wife wants, I hope it's the right kind. I really wish she'd just come get her own makeup, but this is what she wrote down. I haven't had a problem yet like yours but I bet they would know I was lying just by the look on my face. Glad you got the makeup though I love my makeup it seems I'm not complete without it.

I once went into Sears and told them I was looking for a make up starter kit for my granddaughter. Got the make up but it wasn't the best! Plan B - now that I'm with an accepting SO I'm going to have her pick up what I need - and it is something she supports and wants to do.
    Jennifer.

I just go to Walmart, pick out what I need (which may or may not include "male" items like motor oil) and go through the checkout line like everyone else. I just act normal and the clerks seem to act normal as well. Nobody has ever commented on my "female" purchases.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Self checkout is my way of buying makeup now. I used to buy it at dollar stores etc. and people in line tend to have a look of disgust sometimes. So, hopefully there are stores with self checkout in your area.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've always had a fear of being thought of as gay. I'm sure it started before high school. In today's political climate, being gay is a step up from being a crossdresser! Explain nothing, buy what you like, and don't bounce checks. It's bad form.

I get mine at Ulta. They have a really good selection. You will spend a little more, but it is worth it for good quality makeup and tools. I have also found some good deals at Target.

As far as applying, I follow the rule of making it look natural. I stick to colors that match my skin, highlight the good, and shade the bad. My wife was kind enough to teach me all of that. Got it perfect on my second attempt and been doing it myself since.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I never think much about what people in line see me put on the check out line belt.
    The cashiers give you a look or a cute smile and go on checking you out.No big deal buy what you need.
    Never use an excuse as to why you are buying make up they aren't going to believe you anyway they know its for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I never think much about what people in line see me put on the check out line belt.
    The cashiers give you a look or a cute smile and go on checking you out.No big deal buy what you need.
    Never use an excuse as to why you are buying make up they aren't going to believe you anyway they know its for you.
    So true Tracii. It's best to simply not look at others in line. But I love self checkout because it's rare that anyone is close enough to see what you're scanning and bagging.

I have only shopped once, en femme at a Macy's and was totally freaked as I stepped out of the car. But after a couple of steps into the store I started to feel really good. Bought some jewelry and then headed over to bareMinerals where I had been the week before en drab and the SA I originally shopped with made me right at home once more.

It does take a lot of "I want or need do this" to say to the SA this is for "me" and not my "wife/daughter/GF". It does get easier the more you do it, but then your pocket book gets lighter every time, so be careful.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh so true Miki LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Danitgirl1 View Post
    So I have recently decided to step up my activities to include make up. I have tried once or twice before but the results were so dire that I stopped trying. Being here has inspired me to try again.
    OMG - are you my long-lost twin? lol This is exactly my experience.

EDIT: Just read the rest of your post -- that's a great story!
    Last edited by MonctonGirl; 09-04-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: more info

Very good, and don't forget the blush.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When buying girl stuff including makeup, like Linda Allen I just act completely normal and the checkout people don't turn a hair.

Me too. I go to Walmart and never get any comments or funny looks from the cashiers when I include female products with my purchases. I am getting used to it finally without worrying so much like I used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD21 View Post
    As far as applying, I follow the rule of making it look natural. I stick to colors that match my skin, highlight the good, and shade the bad. My wife was kind enough to teach me all of that.
    Hi Steph - I found this notion very interesting - I had thought the idea was to use light tones to make some parts seem closer and darker shades to make other parts appear farther away (and thereby create the appearance of closer/more distant (and thus thinner or sharper) surfaces. E.g., I usually apply a light shade to the center of my nose and a darker shade to the sides, to hopefully make my nose look thinner. If I need to "shade the bad," I'll only need one color all over, and everything but my eyes will disappear!
    What am I missing? Hugs - Diane

remember hon that youtube has plenty of makeup tutorials for us girls
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dani,

I really don't have much to add here as I am quite new to make-up as well and even more of a neophyte in buying it. I did learn one valuable lesson, unless you have and SO that knows make-up well (my wife is not a make-up guru) you can spend a lot of extra money getting stuff you think is good. So in the end, I had no choice but to talk to an accepting SA at a cosmetic counter (en male mode) and explain it was for me. This went well and felt kind of good.

I also agree with others, that if you are buying girl items at large department stores then just plunk them down and act like it is the most natural thing in the world . . . now having said that, my inside is screaming . . . they know! they know! But I truly believe, even if they do, they don't really care.

Hugs

Isha

I like Ulta; they're always ready and willing to help, whether you're in boy mode or girl mode.

But, I have to admit that I get most of my makeup at CVS, en homme. I just got to the register and pay. It's really no harfer than buying aspirin.

I usually buy when there is a sale, and if it says limit, you can pretty well bet I get 6.

Only time I was questioned was when I was getting nail polish. The cashier remembered me from the last nail polish sale.

So, I pulled out my handy dandy excuse. "My daughter loves nail polish, and I get some for her whenever it's on sale."

Truth is, sometimes I do get nail polish for her, but iy's mostly for me.

I just got a 96 bottle rack to hold my nail polish collection
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.