Thread: Crossroads!

Crossroads!

Well it's finally hit me!....do I fit who I am around my life or do I make my life who I am???

I'm sure its an age thing (I'm in my 40's), but I'm at a crossroads in my life. I'm sure we can all relate to the daily frustrations that we all have when we just can't express our female sides whenever we want

Some are lucky enough, strong enough, to have made a life that gives them the freedom to be who they are 24/7. Some of us are committed to the realities like family, marriage, careers and so on, that curtail the amount of girl time we have. But.....I'm thinking it's time to strike a better balance?

To be fair I have had periods in my life where I was able to be en-femme 3-4 times a week, but the more I am female the more I want to live as a female, minus the whole gender re-assignment route....I'm a 70/30 female/male split....don't always hate my male side, so would not commit to surgery.

Life has thrown a spanner in the works (or curve ball for our American friends ).....I've entered a new business arrangement which could really mess my lifestyle choices right up.

I'm thinking I've made a mistake and should put the breaks on it ASAP!. I want a life that fits me, not a life that restricts me. I have options but with possible negative effects on my family.

Sometimes I feel I have lived the 'wrong' life.....I doubt I'm alone in that?

Change is coming.....watch this space!!!!

I believe a lot us could relate to how you feel, & I'm one for sure. Wouldn't it be so simple if one can turn back the clock & re-live our lives to what we truly want. Somehow life's not that simple...families, friends, careers etc. We're expected to live by the norms , every single day. So whenever I get to show my fem side, its a special time that I truly enjoy, even for just a few hours at a time. Whatever balances you eventually decide upon, I wish you all the very best.

I can totally relate to this Sally. I am also in my 40's and with every passing year I feel the need to be truer to myself. I have two young children and they are my primary concern, but I AM starting to get out and about, making sure that I am far enough away from home to not bring any complications onto my doorstep. This in itself causes issues as the more you dress and go out, the more you NEED to dress and go out.

We DO need to be true to ourselves, but within the parameters of our family life.

Good luck with your decisions...I will be looking out for which road you decide to take at this particular junction

D x

Yes,
    If it was all as simple as winding the clock back.
    It would be such a different world.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I recall your comment about starting a new business arrangement a few days back. And I appreciate how confining situations can become. It's hard, cause we have to eat and keep a roof over our heads...maybe even a bit more.

The question of the business deal needs to be viewed from the longer term. Will it help you reach your personal financial goals. If so, then the question is how you might accommodate your needs while pursuing financial objectives. I don't know the answer, obviously. But my guess is that you can find an answer that works for you.

I completely understand, however, the situation you find yourself in, because I feel the same way. I've lived 70/30 female for several years and been obliged by temporary constraints to something less. I don't like it and in the long term I feel myself drawn towards full time, or very close to it.

It's not the wrong life....it's just life. We could both have been born in much different and far more desperate circumstances!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I couldn't possibly advise on your choices Sally, as I'll explain. I wish we could turn the clock back to rectify our mistakes as I have a money avoidance system that works perfectly, tried and tested over years. Herein lies your warning! Whatever I say, do the exact opposite.

Luckily, my boys are all very independent and left home early. One through work with attached accommodation, the other 2 had London centric lives and hence sought to live there too. My gain though and we still see them regularly, so I have the best of both worlds.

Rebecca

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk