Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Girly Are You?

Yes I read women's magazines, Good Housekeepping, Better Homes and Gardens, Redbook, Women's Health and Glamour. I love the helpful tips about housekeeping and cooking, but also the relationship articles. Women's magazines cover such a wide range of topics I look forward to recieveing them.

As far as chit chat, I love visiting with women about whatever is on their minds, I am pretty much a natural good listener.

I enjoy the company of women as much as the company of men. I am just a people person.

I like chick flicks as much as action movies and so does my wife.

I cannot stand soap operas or any other daytime TV including the women's talk shows. However I have been following the White Queen.

I am a caregiver. I take care of my ailing wife and do all of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry and am quite proud of the job I do.

I think I am a pretty good mix of male and female and enjoy both sides of me.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I hope this was all in fun, because it can't be taken very seriously. The stereotyoes, invalid assumptions, etc.....
    The questions answered by the asker as a measure if girlyness are the CDing equivalent of "how big is yours?".

Like many others, I'm not particularly girly in male mode.

Do you read womens magazines such as Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, Redbook? Only if I'm desperate for reading material.

Are you into interpersonal relationships, do you love to chat about fashion, celebrities, and most importantly, whats happening in your life? Mild interest in fashion; no interest at all in celebrities; some interest in talking about what's happening in my life.

Do you feel natural hanging with women, participating in the conversation, enjoying lunch out, girls nights? Yes, I feel natural around women because I grew up in a mostly-female household and live in one now (wife plus three daughters). I don't have "girl's nights", though.

Do you prefer chick flicks or action movies? Neither. I hate both genres.

Are you a regular follower of soap operas, daytime or night time? Dallas, Young and Restless, Downton Abby? Not at all, though I used to watch "Coronation Street" until it got too ridiculous and bizarre.

Do you enjoy women's talk shows? (I was watching the premier of Bethany while I wrote this) No, not at all.

Are you a caregiver? Do you enjoy fawning over children, presenting a clean house, cooking meals? Love kids, hate housework and cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I hope this was all in fun, because it can't be taken very seriously. The stereotyoes, invalid assumptions, etc.....
    The questions answered by the asker as a measure if girlyness are the CDing equivalent of "how big is yours?".
    I agree, it can't be taken seriously. Stereotypes and sexist assumptions.

I don't do those "girly" things and I know some GGs who don't either. That doesn't make them any less "girly".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne
    How Girly Are You?
    Do you read womens magazines such as Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, Redbook? No…

Are you into interpersonal relationships, do you love to chat about fashion, celebrities, and most importantly, whats happening in your life? No…

Do you feel natural hanging with women, participating in the conversation, enjoying lunch out, girls nights? I haven’t had that pleasure for a long time…

Do you prefer chick flicks or action movies? I like those movies that people either ignore or have never heard of…

Are you a regular follower of soap operas, daytime or night time? Dallas, Young and Restless, Downton Abby? No. I won’t let TV shape my emotions…

Do you enjoy women's talk shows? (I was watching the premier of Bethany while I wrote this) NO! I cringe when ANY talk show comes on…

Are you a caregiver? Do you enjoy fawning over children, presenting a clean house, cooking meals? I take care of my sister, so I guess I’m a caregiver, but it is my lot in life, not a girly anything…

I’m not much of a girl, am I (by your criteria)? I’m merely a boy who wears girl’s clothes now and then…

Not-So-New Post-Op Member Leigh Wyndham's Avatar
    I enjoy cooking and caring for people of all ages. I like talking and conversations with others. People often get tired of hearing me talking, so,, Yes, I'd say that on these two criteria I fit on the grid. I transitioned many years ago. I no longer hold a sense of self as male becoming female. I just "am". It is, however, a settled more mellow woman, one who doesn't use externals to make me feel feminine or more a woman. I think most women who've released the TS as part of their identity just see themselves naturally as women.

Leigh Wyndham

GG
    I'm a very girly looking GG (genetics not clothing) but going by this I'm the manliest person here! So are most of my GG friends.

Perhaps this should be changed to 'how PRE-TEEN girly are you', because many of us grown up gals will read a newspaper over a gossip mag, hire a cleaner because we'd rather pull toenails than clean something, watch an action movie without squealing AND leave the shower without applying moisturiser (shock horror) Some of us even like cars and chatting to the men folk

Sometimes I think no one here actually has a clue what being a real girl is like??
    Last edited by TheMissus; 09-10-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Action movies instead of chick flicks and no to all the other questions. I guess I'm just a guy in a dress.

all this work and I am not a girl I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post

Do you read womens magazines
    Nope.

... most importantly, whats happening in your life?
    well

Do you feel natural hanging with women,
    Nope get bored easily
    Do you prefer chick flicks or action movies?
    I like musicals...

Are you a regular follower of soap operas
    nope
    Do you enjoy women's talk shows?
    nope

Are you a caregiver?
    do animals count?
    Do you enjoy fawning over children, presenting a cleanhouse, cooking meals?
    No!, Absolutely NOT! and meh? I can cook

OTOH, I can't fix a car, I don't like contact sports, I don't live for beer, I don't watch TV with my hand down the front of my pants, I don't like yard work, I don't see how many women I can bed... So I guess I am not a man either
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

How Girly Are You?

There are a number of things that make women girly besides cloths and makeup. How much to you implement them into your life. Such as:

Do you read womens magazines such as Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, Redbook?

Before my ex walked out, I always read her woman's magazines. I loved looking at the fashion layouts and advertisements, wondering if I could ever look that pretty

Are you into interpersonal relationships, do you love to chat about fashion, celebrities, and most importantly, whats happening in your life?

Sometimes. I listen a lot to the women at work talking about fashion and makeup. Celebrity news/gossip...naw. I don't have the time of day for that. I do tend to talk about what's going on with my life once in awhile

Do you feel natural hanging with women, participating in the conversation, enjoying lunch out, girls nights?

I've always had closer women friends than guy friends

I don't watch movies much.

Are you a regular follower of soap operas, daytime or night time? Dallas, Young and Restless, Downton Abby?

Do you enjoy women's talk shows? (I was watching the premier of Bethany while I wrote this)

The above two questions can both be answered no. I dislike TV immensely.

Are you a caregiver? Do you enjoy fawning over children, presenting a clean house, cooking meals?

I love cooking. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. When my ex left my daughter stayed with me so I had to be the primary care giver for my daughter, but no complaints at all. I loved evry minute, still do even though she's almost 19.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

I quote Kate with her wiser than thou look in her avatar.
    "What I'm saying basically is that "feminine things do not necessarily a woman make". that's all."

I do agree, we all find our own level of femininity.
    Look at the farm girl into animal husbandry, she wears trousers and a shirt because that is what is practical.
    A super model looks quite different and follows quite a different course.
    It may sound crass but they more than likely have great interpersonal relationships with men.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Do you read womens magazines such as Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, Redbook?
    Not usually. I'll have a flick through a a women's magazine at the doctor's waiting room.

Are you into interpersonal relationships, do you love to chat about fashion, celebrities, and most importantly, whats happening in your life?
    I am interested in fashion, mostly watching what women about town are wearing, mild interest in celebrities. I enjoy sharing what is happening in our lives with friends.

Do you feel natural hanging with women, participating in the conversation, enjoying lunch out, girls nights?
    Very much so. I have always felt more comfortable in the company of women. I haven't been on a gils night yet.

Both, depending on my mood. Love other movie genres as well, kids animations and comedy.

Are you a regular follower of soap operas, daytime or night time? Dallas, Young and Restless, Downton Abby?
    Don't go for the soap opera shows. I watch very little TV. I enjoy the humor of Top Gear, the funky style of Asher Keddy in Offspring.

Do you enjoy women's talk shows? (I was watching the premier of Bethany while I wrote this)
    No.

Are you a caregiver? Do you enjoy fawning over children, presenting a clean house, cooking meals?
    Can't say I fawn over kids, but I do enjoy kids, especially playing with my nieces. I enjoy cooking and cleaning.

Of course a lot of this is stereotypical. Not all women like those kind of things. Some even like atypical male interests. My sister loves Formula 1 racing and drives like a racing driver. She's still girly. It's all in fun though.

I do read women's magazines. I always did. My wife who is highly intelligent and some of her sisters who are Phds read the trashiest supermarket magazines really as a way winding down from their tough jobs. I read them too but think they're too trashy and when she asks me to buy some I buy slightly classier magazines which I prefer. I also read some boy stuff, aircraft and military history. But never sports or anything like that. Boring!!!!

I do love to chat about fashion and celebrity even if I think a lot of celebrity is really shallow. For me it's all about interpersonal relationships. Or it use to be. Now I'm a bit isolated.

I love being in the company of women and am completely comfortable. I really prefer if no men are around. I've little in common with most men. Men's conversation has little to interest me particularly if they start talking about sports or cars. Shoot me now!

I like both action movies and chick flicks unless Jennifer Anniston is in the movie. I'll watch most movies.

As for soaps, I don't get much of a chance to watch them anymore. But I do like programmes like Downton Abbey. I also absolutely loved Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives. I miss them. Why isn't there a replacement?

I happily watch women's talk shows and daytime shows aimed at housewives of which I'm one now.

I am a caregiver, it's not a natural thing for me though. I care for my boys almost full time now. I loved caring for them as babies and now I really do get broody when I see a new born. But I'm still on a learning curve and am disappointed that I'm not better at keeping house. I feel like a failure sometimes if the place is a mess when my wife comes home and a delicious dinner is not on the table. I have to say it's strange to think at this time of my life that my ambitions are so domestic. I wanted to be a fighter pilot or at least an airline pilot or a soldier or a racing driver, or I thought I did. When really this is what I wanted all along. To stay at home and look after the children. I've turned into my Mother.

Funny how you often get what you need but not what you think you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin C View Post
    I'm a ture 50/50. I'm just as much man as I am a woman.
    That pretty well says it for me too. I consider myself very lucky to know both sides of the coin and feel richer for it.

I have noticed I naturally use feminine body language in the way I sit, walk and general posture. It just feels right somehow.

don't think i'm very girly at all, all of my non crossdressing activities are strictly guy stuff, sports events, concerts, car shows, action and horror movies, etc
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

I am more gurly than my wife lol, I grew up with three sisters and no bro. I like being Genesis for so many reasons, one is being able to be gurly. Primping and feeling sexy is a natural high for me.